Message Boards

Topic : What's Working In My WLC

Number of Replies: 27382
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:12:37 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your tips and suggestions on what is working for you in your WLC such as exercise, foods, support, life changes, anything that you are doing differently or you know is a healthy life long change and IS WORKING! If you know of things that are NOT WORKING let's hear about them also and we will work on them together.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 21, 2008, 1:00 pm CDT

Hello Everyone

I hope you all are having a good weekend,  I just came in from swimming my 60 laps and now am going to rest.  It has been a good and productive weekend for me. I have managed to keep on track this weekend.  Hope all of you also have and that we all see a loss tomorrow morning.

Have a good week.

Alice

October 3, 2008, 8:25 am CDT

Hello Everyone!

Hello Everyone!  I have been doing a lot of exercising.  I have been walking around my apts. for 30 min. a day.  I have also been swimming for 40 min. a day and walking around Target for 1 hour a day.  I do one of these activities a day.  I hope to hear more from everyone soon!  Take care everyone! :) Bren

October 4, 2008, 5:49 pm CDT

Bren Good For you

Bren you inspire me to start walking again.  I did get in a swim today as it was 85 but the swim time is going fast as when the nights  are in the 50's it is cooling the water down.  It is 72 as of today but soon it will probably drop in the 60's then will not be able to do much swimming.  I think I will try to start walking again each weekday morning starting Monday morning.  You are doing so well Bren.

I have been missing everyone and hope all are doing well.Thinking of everyone.   Alice

October 6, 2008, 5:29 am CDT

GOOD MORNING ALL.

what a busy time it has been.  i decided not to do any overtime this week at all.  and i am glad.  i have a lot of work to do here the next 3 days.  my new office desk is here and i am not ready.  it was suppossed to come the 23 of this month and it came last week.  YIPES

i have 2 more days of overtime scheduled for the week after that and then i am cutting it way down to maybe once a week or every 2 weeks.  its starting to hit me pretty hard.  getting too old for that kind of schedule.

i am off till Thursday so plan on making a few more stops on the board.  then the following week will be scarce again.

Bren......................again you are doing absolutely wonderful in your persistance in your exercise regime.  i HAVE to get started again and soon. 

Alice............you keep up on the swimming and i know i would also..............if i had the pool.  the only exercise i get is the miles i walk at work and it does nothing for me as far as losing weight.  wish it did, i would have lost many 100's of pounds by now, but it just doesnt work.  body is too used to that walking i guess.

hugs to all

teresa

October 6, 2008, 8:02 am CDT

Happy day off, finally!!!

Good Morning everyone.  i'm so excited to be off.  Seems like forever.  I don't just mean from work though, no work, no volleyball game tonight.  Sigh............awwwwww!  LOL!  Love my job, love my DD, but this mom needs a break and a little time for me.  House is quiet except my tunes playing in the background and got all day for the dr. phil page.  LOL!

I hope everyone is feeling as inspired as I am today.  Not sure what I've told everyone, but I feel like being chatty today so just ignore me if I'm annoying.  :)  I have plantar fascitis in both my feet which makes pretty much any exercise painful.  Swimming would be ideal, but don't have that option.  I guess the Missouri river maybe.  LOL, just kidding.  Catch 22, walking would help me lose the weight, hurts like he** to walk, losing the weight would help the feet.  Cosmic hilarity huh?  LOL!  So I bought "Turbo Jam".  I love it, some of it hurts, so I'm trying to modify it for my stupid feet.  I can't do as much as I want or go as fast as they do, but it's all good.  I have to do something.  Once I lose enough weight, I hope to have surgery and get these feet taken care of.  Yesterday I worked 9 hours all on my feet and wow, when I got home, I was almost in tears.  I hate to be such a wuss.  LOL! 

Has anyone ever made the throws that you tie the ends of the fabric together?  (I can't remember the actual name for those.)  My aunt and i are going to make some for ppl for Christmas.   I figure that will be something to keep me from eating while sitting in front of the TV watching Dr. Phil and the biggest loser.  Haha!  I'm excited about it too.  We've planned a Saturday shopping trip, just the girls.  That never happens here, so it should be fun.

Bren - CONGRATULATIONS on the 50 lbs.  that is so great!  Keep up the good work.  Walking is the best.  I miss it so much.  We even moved out into the county, so there is so much beauty to see and ............stupid feet.  LOL!

Alice - 60 laps?  OMG, you are amazing!  You go Girl!

Theresa - How come it is that we walk so much at work and it doesn't work?  Is it true that our bodies are use to that walking?  I used my pedometer at work one day and walked 20,000 steps just at work on a not so busy day.  I'm sure you walk more than that.  I just don't get it.  My feet hurt so bad when i get home and I have to say for a heavy girl, I got some good legs, the calves atleast.  LOL!  Yeah, makes for a funny picture in the head doesn't it?  It's almost disheartening how I'm so exhausted and my feet hurt and then I step on the scale and *&%$, nuttin'!  We can do it though.  Maybe we should dance around work instead of walk.  haha!

Well, I guess I should get something done around here.  Got a lunch date with my aunt today and I'm determined to make good choices. 

I hope everyone has a great week!  I'm off again on Thursday!  YEA!!!  DD has 2 volleyball games left.  Thursday being the last one.  She's sad it's ending so soon, but..........  "Basketball is starting soon mom!"  Sigh.  I support 100% so, "yes it is and i'll be at every game." 

Talk to you all soon!

Hugs,

October 6, 2008, 9:39 am CDT

WENDY

it sure is good to see you back on the board.  now if we could just get Niki back here..............OH NIKIIIIIIIII.  come back..........we miss you.

i know what you mean about the miles we put in at work and no weight loss results to show for it.  it is rather frustrating for me.  i guess all we can do is keep plugging away at it and hope somewhere along the line it kicks in.

must keep trying.

getting a lot of cleaning here done and  ready to put up the new desk in the office.  my back doesnt hole ut for long and i need to rest it frequently.

will be in and out

hugs

teresa

October 6, 2008, 2:01 pm CDT

I'm Not Ready To Come Back .... But I Just Have To Say

Lol Teresa ..... YOU ARE THE BESTEST FRIEND ...... You always put a big smile on my face

October 6, 2008, 3:49 pm CDT

NIKI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG..............................I HAVE BEEN SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU.  ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU NEVER ANSWERED MY EMAILS.  WHEN WILL YOU COME BACK.  WE HAVE ALL MISSED YOU.

AT LEAST I CAN MAKE YOU SMILE AND FOR THAT.....................I AM GREATFUL

BIGGEST HUGS TO YOU BUDDIE

TERESA

October 6, 2008, 4:59 pm CDT

I've Just Lost My Way

Quote From: toofattool

OMG..............................I HAVE BEEN SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU.  ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU NEVER ANSWERED MY EMAILS.  WHEN WILL YOU COME BACK.  WE HAVE ALL MISSED YOU.

AT LEAST I CAN MAKE YOU SMILE AND FOR THAT.....................I AM GREATFUL

BIGGEST HUGS TO YOU BUDDIE

TERESA

Teresa ... I haven't been and I wont' be responding to any e-mails, answering any phone calls, or appearing on the Oprah or Dr Phil show any time soon ..... I'm sorry I have caused you and the other ladies to worry .... still needing my own personal space in finding out and working on what I want to do with the rest of my life. 

No ....  I'm not depressed  .... I'm just lost !

Big hugs back at ya Buddie ... now please don't worry about me because that won't help neither one of us.

~ Niki    

October 6, 2008, 5:39 pm CDT

NIKI

WELL YOU TAKE WHATEVER TIME YOU NEED.  YOU KNOW HOW TO REACH ME WHEN YOU ARE READY.  ITS JUST NOT THE SAME WITHOUT YOU HERE.

HUGS

TERESA

First | Prev | 2730 | 2731 | 2732 | 2733 | 2734 | 2735 | 2736 | 2737 | 2738 | Next | Last