Message Boards

Topic : What's Working In My WLC

Number of Replies: 27382
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:12:37 pm
Author : dataimport
Share your tips and suggestions on what is working for you in your WLC such as exercise, foods, support, life changes, anything that you are doing differently or you know is a healthy life long change and IS WORKING! If you know of things that are NOT WORKING let's hear about them also and we will work on them together.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 7, 2008, 6:07 am CDT

Wendy

Wendy, It is great to see you back here.  I'm glad that you were in a chatty mood.  It is good to hear from you again and hope to hear more from you soon!  Take care! :) Bren

October 7, 2008, 6:14 am CDT

Niki

Quote From: lostsoul2s

Teresa ... I haven't been and I wont' be responding to any e-mails, answering any phone calls, or appearing on the Oprah or Dr Phil show any time soon ..... I'm sorry I have caused you and the other ladies to worry .... still needing my own personal space in finding out and working on what I want to do with the rest of my life. 

No ....  I'm not depressed  .... I'm just lost !

Big hugs back at ya Buddie ... now please don't worry about me because that won't help neither one of us.

Niki    

Niki, I am glad that you stopped by and let us know that you are OK and not to worry about you.  I am sorry that you are feeling lost.  I will keep you in my prayers.  Take your time in your personal space, however, we will miss you while you are gone.  I hope you will come by during the holiday season and say Happy Holidays or Happy New Year, that would be nice to hear from you then.  I will be thinking of you.  Take care!  Your friend, Brenda

October 7, 2008, 8:23 am CDT

NIKI

i agree with Bren.  take your time to try to find what you want in your life, but we would like to see you stop in at the holiday time.  we would really like to see you back full time before then, but will gladly take anything we can get.

its just good to know your safe

hugs

teresa

October 9, 2008, 5:01 am CDT

OFF TO BED

my last crazy week of lots of hours.  well week and a half.  i work 8 out of the next 10 days again.  what am i thinking....................lol  thats it though.  a day extra here and there but no more trying ti do myself in

wont be on board much if at all until after next week

hugs to all

teresa

October 9, 2008, 9:14 am CDT

Sweet Niki

Lol Teresa ..... YOU ARE THE BESTEST FRIEND ...... You always put a big smile on my face

It's so good to know you are OK.  I've been gone for so long, I don't know what happened, and that's OK, I'm just glad to know you check in every once in awhile.  I too, have lost my way, but this place was the first place I thought of when it got to bad for me to try and fix on my own.

Thinking of you often and only wishing you the best!

Many zillions of hugs,

October 9, 2008, 9:40 am CDT

need to whine......sorry

Good Morning,

I have a story.... On Monday night, i fell down my steps, carpeted steps that go down to the family room.  At first, I thought, "Thank God, I'm alone and no one saw that."  the back of my knee was kinda sore, but I figured it would bo OK and again, no one saw my embarrassing moment.  Wellllllllllll, when I went to pick my daughter up from school, I could barely lift my leg to get into my vehicle.  Now, I drive a tahoe, so it is tall and I am short, not a good combination, but never has it hurt me to get into it.  Got her, we did our normal stuff and came home.  Once inside, I started making a lasagna. As I was cooking, I noticed the pain really getting worse.  i better tell what's going on.  Told DD and, of course, she laughed at first.  Then she paid attention to my walking.  Every step almost dropped me to my knees.  We then went to pick up DD#2 and drop DD#1 off at grandmas house, came home and thank the Lord I had dinner already done because the pain was undescribable. 

So, I'm not totally stupid when it comes to this kind of stuff, but honestly, I've never even broken a bone in my life.  So, I got in the recliner, propped my leg up and figured it would be 100% by the next day.  Not so much.  By 9pm, I was almost in tears.  I had to go upstairs to the restroom and was ready to just stay in the bathroom.  LOL!  Needless to say, DH took me to the doctor on tuesday morning.  She decided it is not broken, but could b something with the ligament.  OK, I don't know what that is or does, but ummmm, it hurts, so how do we fix it?  She then turned me around and OMG, pushed on it.  it hurt so bad.  I cant believe she did that.  I guess she had to, but WOW!!!!!  she sent me for an MRI, which was OK since I took the prescriptions she gave me before i went.  They told me that Wednesday I would know something.  UMMMM, it's Thursday now, I'm suppose to go to work tomorrow and I know nothing.  I hate this.  The medicine (which I just took) makes me so sleepy.   I know that's good cause you heal while you sleep, but I can't do anything and I'm going stir crazy.  The MRI tech is the one that told me the next day and then when I called the dr yesterday she said it's sometimes 3 or 4 days.  My boss isn't mad, just wanna know when i can come back.  Me too.  My job carries our insurance, so I'm worried.  I just want my life back to normal.  What they said is that if it's a pulled ligament, it's still going to hurt, but i can work with it, but if it's torn, I could do more damage by being on it.  UGH, catch 22!  The only exercise I've been doing is sucking in my stomach and holding it in while laying flat on my back waiting for the pills to kick in and put me to sleep. 

Before I would have loved a week off work, but ummmm not this way.  Pain sucks ya' know?

OK, sorry, just needed to whine.  i guess I'm jus feeling lonely.  My family has been great helping me, but it's hard being the one being taken care of when you are use to being the one taking care of others.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Hugs,

Wendy

October 10, 2008, 9:52 am CDT

Dr Phil Is Doing Again

Well ladies it looks like Dr Phil is at it again .... it appears that he is going to be closing down these message boards and starting up a Beta board .... it was bound to happen I guess because of the absentee of members here ( ME BEING ONE OF THEM )  I may give the new board a try, but by the looks of it I don't think I am going to like it ... I won't knock it until I do give it a fair try : )    As they say all good things must come to an end and deep in my heart I know for a fact this message board was a good thing.

So if I don't see you here I will look for you upon the new horizon : )

October 10, 2008, 10:45 am CDT

Wendy

Quote From: nascar_fan_48

Good Morning,

I have a story.... On Monday night, i fell down my steps, carpeted steps that go down to the family room.  At first, I thought, "Thank God, I'm alone and no one saw that."  the back of my knee was kinda sore, but I figured it would bo OK and again, no one saw my embarrassing moment.  Wellllllllllll, when I went to pick my daughter up from school, I could barely lift my leg to get into my vehicle.  Now, I drive a tahoe, so it is tall and I am short, not a good combination, but never has it hurt me to get into it.  Got her, we did our normal stuff and came home.  Once inside, I started making a lasagna. As I was cooking, I noticed the pain really getting worse.  i better tell what's going on.  Told DD and, of course, she laughed at first.  Then she paid attention to my walking.  Every step almost dropped me to my knees.  We then went to pick up DD#2 and drop DD#1 off at grandmas house, came home and thank the Lord I had dinner already done because the pain was undescribable. 

So, I'm not totally stupid when it comes to this kind of stuff, but honestly, I've never even broken a bone in my life.  So, I got in the recliner, propped my leg up and figured it would be 100% by the next day.  Not so much.  By 9pm, I was almost in tears.  I had to go upstairs to the restroom and was ready to just stay in the bathroom.  LOL!  Needless to say, DH took me to the doctor on tuesday morning.  She decided it is not broken, but could b something with the ligament.  OK, I don't know what that is or does, but ummmm, it hurts, so how do we fix it?  She then turned me around and OMG, pushed on it.  it hurt so bad.  I cant believe she did that.  I guess she had to, but WOW!!!!!  she sent me for an MRI, which was OK since I took the prescriptions she gave me before i went.  They told me that Wednesday I would know something.  UMMMM, it's Thursday now, I'm suppose to go to work tomorrow and I know nothing.  I hate this.  The medicine (which I just took) makes me so sleepy.   I know that's good cause you heal while you sleep, but I can't do anything and I'm going stir crazy.  The MRI tech is the one that told me the next day and then when I called the dr yesterday she said it's sometimes 3 or 4 days.  My boss isn't mad, just wanna know when i can come back.  Me too.  My job carries our insurance, so I'm worried.  I just want my life back to normal.  What they said is that if it's a pulled ligament, it's still going to hurt, but i can work with it, but if it's torn, I could do more damage by being on it.  UGH, catch 22!  The only exercise I've been doing is sucking in my stomach and holding it in while laying flat on my back waiting for the pills to kick in and put me to sleep. 

Before I would have loved a week off work, but ummmm not this way.  Pain sucks ya' know?

OK, sorry, just needed to whine.  i guess I'm jus feeling lonely.  My family has been great helping me, but it's hard being the one being taken care of when you are use to being the one taking care of others.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Hugs,

Wendy

Wendy, I am so sorry that you hurt your knee and have to take time off from work.  It is great that your family is helping you out.  I have a bad right knee and will probably need knee replacement surgery when I take all of my weight off.  I am hoping that with all the weight off I will not need the knee replacement surgery.  Either way, I am motivated to take the weight off.  I will be saying healing prayers for you and wishing you a speedy recovery.   Take care! :) Bren

October 10, 2008, 10:58 am CDT

Niki

Well ladies it looks like Dr Phil is at it again .... it appears that he is going to be closing down these message boards and starting up a Beta board .... it was bound to happen I guess because of the absentee of members here ( ME BEING ONE OF THEM )  I may give the new board a try, but by the looks of it I don't think I am going to like it ... I won't knock it until I do give it a fair try : )    As they say all good things must come to an end and deep in my heart I know for a fact this message board was a good thing.

Niki, Just when you come back everything is changing.  I hope you will stay with the message boards even when they change.  You have meant so much to me through the years and seeing your posts have really meant a lot to me.  Hope to talk to you soon.  Take care! :) Bren

October 11, 2008, 12:10 am CDT

"OMG"

Niki, my heart did a leap, I thought I was seeing things. We all had missed you so.

I too have been absent, so much going on in my life.

Bren.....Please..Your new e-mail.....Mine is the same.

Hugs

Connie

First | Prev | 2731 | 2732 | 2733 | 2734 | 2735 | 2736 | 2737 | 2738 | Next | Last