Message Boards

Topic : 07/03 Big Love

Number of Replies: 605
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 26, 2007, 01:55:18 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 1/31/07) The media bombards the public with images of stick-thin bodies, but not all men prefer these types of women. Self-proclaimed "Chubby Chasers" love their women curvy, round and voluptuous. Clayton says he likes the rolls on his wife, Cheryl's, 300-pound body, and he loves to watch her butt jiggle. Cheryl says that she wants to lose weight but fears that if she does, she might also lose her marriage. Does Clayton sabotage Cheryl to keep her overweight? Dr. Phil has a plan to get them both what they want. Then, Phillip says he prefers to date women who are at least 250 pounds. His twin brother, Paul, says he's disgusted by the plus-size women, and his brother is embarrassing the family. He even makes fun of Phillip's dates when he brings one home, calling her fat and stinky. Will these brothers ever be able to find a middle ground? And, go inside a nightclub that caters to big women and men who can't get enough of them! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 27, 2007, 9:00 pm CST

01/31 Big Love

Wow, such hateful things.  I had the chance to be on this show and it's because of people like most of you that I was afraid to accept.  I am married to a man that has loved big women his entire life.  So I knew that when we met and when we married.  It's no  different from the men and women who like slender mates and then their spouses gain 100lbs.  They have the right to feel less attracted.  My husband has a hard time with me losing weight.  It's why I wrote to Dr. Phil.  It doesn't mean he loves me less.  He just has a hard time being attracted to smaller women.  It affects our sex life and not something he can control...it's who he is. It's not an EXCUSE for me to stay fat.  I do still work on my weight but it's an issue.  He has no "issues" with weight.  That's just silly to say.  He likes big women like some men like blond women.  You can't help who you are attracted to.  I wish there were more like him.  He admires Dr. Phil greatly and wanted me to see what Dr. Phil would say.  I just knew there would be all this anger and BS from audience and board members.  We'll be watching the show. 

January 27, 2007, 9:02 pm CST

I HATE THIS

This seems odd to me. If he loves her the way she is then more power to them, but it needs to be the same when she loses weight as well. Acceptance is something we all want and when you don't get it from the people you love the wounds never heal! My parents continually tell me I am unattractive, and fat. Because of that our relationship is horrible, but if this guy is as shallow as he sounds like he might be, then maybe she should leave him anyway. I don't know..... I HATE that this world cares SO much about weight. I HATE IT, I HATE IT, I HATE IT!! Why can't people just....I don't know. It is so messed up! I wish people could just accept and love and look beyond the outward apperence. I get so fed up with the world, and their cruel words. especally from the ones who are supposed to love you the most and accept you unconditionally.

January 28, 2007, 2:27 am CST

watch this

If anyone is interested in this topic they should get a film out called "feed". I must warn that it is truely disturbing. Basically there are people out there who are known as "feeders" who feed their partners to the point that they can not do anything for themselves. I guess its a safe guard that they will not leave because they can barely walk around the house. I think any partner should be encouraging their spouse to lose weight otherwise they are just wishing them a very shortened life.

January 28, 2007, 6:36 am CST

outer wrapper

I have been single since 2001. I am no longer the 110 pound chickie I was before my son was born almost 13 years ago but I am the same person INSIDE. However it is IMPOSSIBLE to find anyone who will even consider going out with a plus sized woman. I have subscribed to EVERY dating website and all I got was BROKE. Every white American male wants "slim", "average", "toned", "athletic".  NONE SAY "I want a plus sized woman". NONE!!!!!!  And when I wink or send an icebreaker to a guy, the response is either NO RESPONSE, or a resounding "NO THANK YOU". Lord knows these guys are not all toned, buff, weightlifters with perfect bodies. Being 48, I am looking at guys roughly my own age and let me tell you, there are few "prizes" out there yet THEY want "arm candy" and fat women don't fit that bill. Even Dr. Phil's beloved match.com couldn't help me. It's not so much our weight as it's about teaching men that it's not always all about how a person looks. Why do men feel they deserve only beautiful, thin women? I have seen the same faces on these website for years!!! Don't they know if they just look at the person as a whole, they might actually find a loyal, loving, and beautiful woman?

I will be having gastric bypass (lapband) in the next couple of months because as 223 pounds with hypertension, I feel it is in my best interest health-wise, but let me tell you, it anyone who "dismissed" me before the weightloss tries to write to me after I lose the weight, they are going to get an earfull from me. "I wasn't good enough for you when I was fat? but now I am that I'm thin?. NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  there are plus sized guys outh there who want teeny tiny women. Who do they think they are? Maybe Dr. Phil needs to work on the men and their way of thinking and judging a person instead of making the women feel that they are the problem.

January 28, 2007, 8:10 am CST

People are jerks

Why is it discusting when an average size man loves a large woman, but no one says a word when an average size woman loves a big man? I see lots of thin pretty women with really overweight guys and no one minds at all. AND those guys don't get labeled as "dumb" just because of their size either (even when they are rather dumb). Another thing, no one ever says, "Your embarrassing the family because you're dating a dyed blond, or a paraplegic, or a barmaid etc.)  Why is size always the only thng that matters???? I am a plus size woman married to a normal size man. No, he doesn't like plus size women, he just happened to fall in love with me, not for my size but for who I am. He would be ecstatic if I lost weight and has backed me up 110% in all my weight loss efforts over our 27 years together. But with every failure he continued to love ME. That, my friends, is how it's supposed to be. I'd also like to say that the happiest time of my life was when I finally gave up dieting and decided to love me for who I was. I stopped worrying about food and what & how much I ate. Not only was it a tremendous weight of my shoulders but I also actually lost weight by not focusing on food. I was a much happier person. That's also when I met my sweetheart and I truley believe it was because I was more pleasant and fun to be around. Having been overweight since I was 6 months old,  I have tons more to say on this subject, but I'll shut up for now.

January 28, 2007, 10:40 am CST

Big Love.

I look forward to seeing this show. I am 5'3 and over weight and despite that my husband loves ME! The brother on the show should be utterly ashamed of himself for saying such mean and hateful things to his brother's girlfriend.

Judge not lest ye be judged!

January 28, 2007, 10:53 am CST

Big Lover

My wife Cheryl & I are grateful for the response already generated by this topic. We, through the help of Dr. Phil & others have began our way to a happier way of life. Believe I love my wife, & plan to get the most years out of my marriage as possible. Thanks for the support & encouragement it's appreciated.  Clayton & Cheryl Conatzer.

January 28, 2007, 1:55 pm CST

01/31 Big Love

Quote From: wheeee

You won't be sorry you lost weight, ever. 

That's a load of bs if I ever heard it.  What about the men and women who suffer from anorexia? I'm sure we all saw those episodes of Dr. Phil.

I'm so tired of hearing those "I lost 15 lbs and I look great!". It's nice those people now look worse than they did before. Society lives with cruel ideals. You're just another robot.

WOW you seem to have a attitude problem!   We are all different sizes!   Being fat is bad for your health and being to skinny  can be bad for your health.  People have to take care of them selfs so they can  be in good health.  Regardless of looks.  Health comes first!!  

January 28, 2007, 2:12 pm CST

01/31 Big Love

I think this is going to be a very interesting topic. I look forward to seeing this show.

January 28, 2007, 4:07 pm CST

Big Lover

This whole thing about me ( Clayton ) not Loving my wife ( Cheryl ) if she loses the weight is no issue. I will Love her forever regardless of size. There is so much more to her than just her shape & figure. Two or Three segments of the show can't contain the whole sense of our relationship. It was hard for me to go on this show with my wife, because of all the perception people have about this subject. Believe me Cheryl & I will be together for the rest of our lives & now that we have each other motaviated we'll go all the way. This 30 second clip can't convey the true telling of our relationship. Just watch wed. for some revelation. Thanks to those who are participating in the message boards already, but please watch the show to get a better picture. Sincerly, Clayton & Cheryl  aka. Big Lover

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last