Message Boards

Topic : 07/03 Big Love

Number of Replies: 605
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 26, 2007, 01:55:18 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 1/31/07) The media bombards the public with images of stick-thin bodies, but not all men prefer these types of women. Self-proclaimed "Chubby Chasers" love their women curvy, round and voluptuous. Clayton says he likes the rolls on his wife, Cheryl's, 300-pound body, and he loves to watch her butt jiggle. Cheryl says that she wants to lose weight but fears that if she does, she might also lose her marriage. Does Clayton sabotage Cheryl to keep her overweight? Dr. Phil has a plan to get them both what they want. Then, Phillip says he prefers to date women who are at least 250 pounds. His twin brother, Paul, says he's disgusted by the plus-size women, and his brother is embarrassing the family. He even makes fun of Phillip's dates when he brings one home, calling her fat and stinky. Will these brothers ever be able to find a middle ground? And, go inside a nightclub that caters to big women and men who can't get enough of them! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 28, 2007, 4:16 pm CST

01/31 Big Love

I am looking forward to this show. I think it will be an interesting show.

January 28, 2007, 4:29 pm CST

Dr phil filmed footage from my plus size club!

Hello everyone!

My name is Lisa Marie, The night club footage you will see on this show is from my club " CLUB BOUNCE " in long beach, ca! I am so happy Dr. Phil did this show, he touched on many issues! I won't go into all the details, you will just have to watch the show! But I must say that it is very important for America to stop treating plus size people as if we are in a lower class then skinny people. I live my life in a plus size community and I love it! Everyone is so accepting and happy! Yes we all try to lose weight here and there for one reason or another, but should we just sit home and not live our life because we are fat! Heck no! My club gets 500 people there every weekend, that says something about some people who do prefer larger women or men over skinny people, and THATS OK!!

Thank you for reading my message, if you want to check out pics and videos or get more info regarding club bounce, the website is http://www.clubbounce.net

Thank you Dr. Phil and your wonderful staff for treating us so well and talking about this issue!

Love

Lisa Marie

January 28, 2007, 9:08 pm CST

Love is a good thing no matter what size.

I think the term "Chubby Chasers" sounds demeaning. What about "Finding Fuller Figures"? I wonder if the show is really about men who just simply want the world to know they love their women even though they are larger ladies. Maybe they want to say that skinny people haven't cornered the market on love, romance, marriage etc. I have to believe that if the men really love their mates, they would be more concerned about their health than worrying about them losing weight.

January 28, 2007, 9:39 pm CST

You've Got To Be kidding

Quote From: learningbreeze

Short and simple.  What we have here is screwed up and very selfish thinking.  Heres why:  If you like the rolls on your wife Clayton, envision what she will look like after a triple heart bi-pass, after one of her limbs is amputated due to diabetes, or better yet, how her beauty and lust for life is stripped from her face as she lay in a coffin.  Your wife fears losing weight because she might lose her marriage?  Sounds like you two have built the perfect codependent relationship that enables Cheryl to stay fat.  That said, I am happy that you are turned on by your wife.  She deserves to be loved unconditionally.  But do not love her to DEATH!  Help her extend her life and avoid a myriad of health complications by loving her unselfishly.  And a note to you Paul. . hope you grow up someday and become a human being.  Making fun of people, especially those less fortunate and who need help, makes you less of a man.  Personally, I chose to run from my problems and hide from life and in turn allowed an eating disorder to steal precious time. I am turning my life around by applying a 180 degree mindset change ... and NO EXCUSES.  By disabling weakness and not enabling it, anyone can turn their life around. 

I resent your feelings about me ( Clayton ) without knowing everything. First I encourage my wife in all she does, so that's set straight. Second my wife ( Cheryl ) & I are working a wonderful weight lose plan together.  Cheryl & I have a wonderful relationship & altrough I disagree with your opinion, you are entitled to one anyway.  Just watch the show on Wed. to see the whole story.  Sincerly, Clayton aka. Big Lover

January 29, 2007, 6:42 am CST

On a similar note,

Quote From: pichick712

I have been single since 2001. I am no longer the 110 pound chickie I was before my son was born almost 13 years ago but I am the same person INSIDE. However it is IMPOSSIBLE to find anyone who will even consider going out with a plus sized woman. I have subscribed to EVERY dating website and all I got was BROKE. Every white American male wants "slim", "average", "toned", "athletic".  NONE SAY "I want a plus sized woman". NONE!!!!!!  And when I wink or send an icebreaker to a guy, the response is either NO RESPONSE, or a resounding "NO THANK YOU". Lord knows these guys are not all toned, buff, weightlifters with perfect bodies. Being 48, I am looking at guys roughly my own age and let me tell you, there are few "prizes" out there yet THEY want "arm candy" and fat women don't fit that bill. Even Dr. Phil's beloved match.com couldn't help me. It's not so much our weight as it's about teaching men that it's not always all about how a person looks. Why do men feel they deserve only beautiful, thin women? I have seen the same faces on these website for years!!! Don't they know if they just look at the person as a whole, they might actually find a loyal, loving, and beautiful woman?

I will be having gastric bypass (lapband) in the next couple of months because as 223 pounds with hypertension, I feel it is in my best interest health-wise, but let me tell you, it anyone who "dismissed" me before the weightloss tries to write to me after I lose the weight, they are going to get an earfull from me. "I wasn't good enough for you when I was fat? but now I am that I'm thin?. NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  there are plus sized guys outh there who want teeny tiny women. Who do they think they are? Maybe Dr. Phil needs to work on the men and their way of thinking and judging a person instead of making the women feel that they are the problem.

If you think it is "challenging" trying to find someone through dating websites that wants to go out with a fat woman (as a fat guy I can use that word!), try being a short (five two) guy! Even in the allegedly "size-acceptance" communities, women are programmed to want the American ideal of a taller guy. Or a guy that doesn't make them look larger than they already are! Luckily though, there are enough enlightened women out there (I was married to one!) that look beyond the physical, just like the women here are asking the men to do.

As for losing weight and having people suddenly "notice" you, I agree with you. I have lost a net amount of about forty pounds since last April, and it is amazing how differently people at both of my jobs treat me now, even after only forty-two pounds! People's attitudes do need to change.

Regardless though. people have to do what is right for them, not to please anyone else. A lot of these posts have brought up valid health issues too.

January 29, 2007, 8:04 am CST

01/31 Big Love

wow, this is such a nice change, finally someone willing to accept their spouse as they are, rolls and all, how many of these shows have been about some guy NEEDING his wife to lose weight for him to be attracted to her again ?  To the single ladies, see, there is hope.

I read Clayton's post, and Kudos to him for wanting to work together at a weight loss plan, but I do say Kudos to him for not activly trying to change his wife, or make her feel bad about the weight as I imagine many have and still do.

My best friend is overweight, and she's rarely lonely on a Saturday night, why because she holds her head high, and is proud of herself, a successful single Mom, good at her job and able to survive without a man there to help, the weight, she's been working at it, but if she slips, she dosen't beat herself up over it, and she never asks a guy " Do I look fat in this ?"

My Mother, and her sister, yeah REALLY overweight, but my parents have ben married almost 38 years, my aunt for 25, to the same men who love and accept them for WHO they are, not what they weigh, and these women were NEVER tiny.

Myself, I'm at the other end, underweight, not bragging or complaining, just the way it is, and you know there are many men who think I'll break, my husband proved that wrong, or who have said I'm way too bony for them, and there have been other women who get mad because I won't tell my "Secret", no secret, I've just always been this way.

So to the husbands of the overweight, underweight and the in betweens who accept your wives/girlfriends for who they are not just the physical, Kudos, and maybe get on here and support Clayton.

January 29, 2007, 8:56 am CST

Good luck on your weight loss

Quote From: claym8r

I resent your feelings about me ( Clayton ) without knowing everything. First I encourage my wife in all she does, so that's set straight. Second my wife ( Cheryl ) & I are working a wonderful weight lose plan together.  Cheryl & I have a wonderful relationship & altrough I disagree with your opinion, you are entitled to one anyway.  Just watch the show on Wed. to see the whole story.  Sincerly, Clayton aka. Big Lover
But Clayton you need to develop a thicker skin. You and your wife opened your lives up on the Dr.Phil show and on these boards people offer their opinions. If you don't like what is posted in one message move on to one more supportive. Trying to answer all the ones that offend you will get very tiring.

January 29, 2007, 10:20 am CST

Big Love

Its been a while since I posted but when I saw the preview for this upcoming show I had to come read about it & see what was being said. I think its awesome that Clayton loves his wife the way she is, rolls & all! I think this world needs more men like him & just more people like him in general.... meaning that more men & people need to respect & appreciate us bigger women. But I do think that if Cheryl wants to lose weight for health reasons and/or just to feel better about herself, then she should & Clayton should support her & love her no matter what she decides or how much weight she loses. I hope they come to an understanding because something like this shouldn't be the 'thing' that comes between a couple.

Now for the issue with Phillip & his brother Paul, I give Phillip major kudos his love & admiration of bigger women. As a big woman myself, I know what it's like to be teased, made fun of & to just feel lower than dirt... So to know that there ARE men out there who admire plus sized women & who also just believe that appearance isn't everything, is great & very good to know. And to Paul (and people like him), plus sized women are NOT disgusting! What IS disgusting is the kind of attitude you have towards them & towards anyone you feel isn't attractive. Plus sized women (and men) are people too, people with lives & feelings & people who should be treated with RESPECT!  Being attracted to, admiring & loving big women (and big men) isn't something that people should be embarrassed and/or ashamed about! So your brother (Phillip) loves plus sized women, SO WHAT! THAT'S WHAT HE LIKES! Everyone has their preferences about what they like & dislike! You don't have to like what someone else's preferences are, but you should very well RESPECT them! YOU (Paul & people like you) are the ones that should be embarrassed & ashamed of yourselves!

~LD, a plus sized woman who is SICK of other's degrading the plus sized population!~

January 29, 2007, 12:55 pm CST

01/31 Big Love

Quote From: jemadys

Wow, such hateful things.  I had the chance to be on this show and it's because of people like most of you that I was afraid to accept.  I am married to a man that has loved big women his entire life.  So I knew that when we met and when we married.  It's no  different from the men and women who like slender mates and then their spouses gain 100lbs.  They have the right to feel less attracted.  My husband has a hard time with me losing weight.  It's why I wrote to Dr. Phil.  It doesn't mean he loves me less.  He just has a hard time being attracted to smaller women.  It affects our sex life and not something he can control...it's who he is. It's not an EXCUSE for me to stay fat.  I do still work on my weight but it's an issue.  He has no "issues" with weight.  That's just silly to say.  He likes big women like some men like blond women.  You can't help who you are attracted to.  I wish there were more like him.  He admires Dr. Phil greatly and wanted me to see what Dr. Phil would say.  I just knew there would be all this anger and BS from audience and board members.  We'll be watching the show. 
The issue isn't your husband liking bigger women. The issue is that being overweight to obese greatly increases your chances of getting diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, etc. There's nothing wrong with liking bigger women. Like you said, everyone has their preference. However, that being said, I sincerely hope Dr.Phil can at least give your husband insight to all the benefits of you losing weight. After all, I'm sure your husband would much rather have you lying in bed beside him rather than lying in a hospital bed or (Heaven forbid) a coffin.

January 29, 2007, 4:15 pm CST

Plus Size Acceptance

I am not your “average” upcoming model.  I am an upcoming model but skinny I’m not, I am 5'10", single, 36 years old, and I am what’s called a SSBBW (Super Sized Big Beautiful Woman over 300 pounds).  I don’t seek nor need acceptance from others and I do feel everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I was married to an average sized man that spit in my face because after having my second child I gained more weight than he thought I should.  That was no way to live.  I got out of that marriage 10 years ago and I am proud of the SSBBW I have become.  I am also an intelligent, well educated, and classy woman.  All my family supports me as a SSBBW and if I ever wanted to lose weight, they would support me.  People need to remember, it’s not about others accepting you, it’s about you accepting yourself and being happy with yourself.  I wish the best to everyone.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last