Message Boards

Topic : 07/03 Big Love

Number of Replies: 605
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 26, 2007, 01:55:18 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 1/31/07) The media bombards the public with images of stick-thin bodies, but not all men prefer these types of women. Self-proclaimed "Chubby Chasers" love their women curvy, round and voluptuous. Clayton says he likes the rolls on his wife, Cheryl's, 300-pound body, and he loves to watch her butt jiggle. Cheryl says that she wants to lose weight but fears that if she does, she might also lose her marriage. Does Clayton sabotage Cheryl to keep her overweight? Dr. Phil has a plan to get them both what they want. Then, Phillip says he prefers to date women who are at least 250 pounds. His twin brother, Paul, says he's disgusted by the plus-size women, and his brother is embarrassing the family. He even makes fun of Phillip's dates when he brings one home, calling her fat and stinky. Will these brothers ever be able to find a middle ground? And, go inside a nightclub that caters to big women and men who can't get enough of them! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 29, 2007, 6:29 pm CST

Big Lover's Wife

I wish every woman could have a man like mine! (I guess that's what makes it so special). Love notes in my lunch, cards/flowers/etc. just because, and get this--he sang to me on our first date -- I was sprung! Unconditional love and all this! I don't know that"Chubby Chaser" is the label I would put on him. I was 270lbs when we met and married. I have gained weight since and hate what has begun to happen to my health. I need to lose weight for my health, more than anything. But Clayton loves me just the way I am! What if we labeled him a loving husband with a lucky wife? He has his own weight demons to conquer too. No one labeled me a Chubby Chaser!

What about Insightful? He found attributes to love and explore that others ignored because of the "wrapper". I short changed him by thinking he wouldn't love/accept me if I were to look different. I contacted the Dr Phil show out of my own insecurities. What we are attempting to do is live longer and have more fun with each other through a healthier lifestyle. Stay tuned for our progress and God Bless Dr. Phil and his wonderful staff!!  Cheryl, aka Big Lover's Wife

January 29, 2007, 8:08 pm CST

IM ON DR.PHIL WED.

HI IM CHER RUE AND I AM THE CO PROMOTER OF CLUB BOUNCE IN LONG BEACH.
HTTP://WWW.CLUBBOUNCE.NET

I AM A PROMOTER OF SIZE ACCEPTANCE AND THAT MEANS ANY SIZE YOU ARE.
I FEEL BEAUTY COMES FROM WITHIN. PEOPLE HAVE PREFERENCES AND IM GLAD THERE ARE SO MANY MEN OUT THERE WHO LIKE BIG GIRLS.

I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE SHOW WEDNESDAY AND IF IN THE AREA COME SEE LISA MARIE AND MYSELF AT THE CLUB EVERY FRIDAY AND SATURDAY. WE ARE VERY FRIENDLY AND LIKE TO MEET NEW PEOPLE. SO GET DRESSED COME OUT AND SHAKE YOUR GROOVE THING. WE ARE HOPING THAT PEOPLE WILL WRITE IN SO THAT WE CAN GO AGAIN AND TALK MORE ABOUT WHAT WE DO FOR THE COMMUNITY. THE TIME WENT AND WE DIDNT GET TO SAY WHAT WE NEEDED TO SAY. SO IF YOU FEEL THE SAME LET DR. PHIL KNOW.
ALSO HE ROCKS!

I ALSO BELIVE IN BEING HEALTHY IT IS IMPORTANT.

HOPE U LIKE THE SHOW!
HUGS,
CHER

January 30, 2007, 5:01 am CST

Match.com

I think Dr. Phil should take a long hard look at match.com and see just how many MEN want plus sized women.  he will be amazed that virtually NO men want a plus sized woman. I had been a member off and on for years along with other dating sites and all the men on there want their women skinny, athletic, tones, or at most, just average. The only thing they want "plus sized" is our boobs. Everything else must be skinny. it's a waste of time and money to post anything on a dating website when you're a plus sized woman.

hey Dr. Phil, how about working on the MEN and changing their way of thinking???????????

January 30, 2007, 10:29 am CST

What's wrong with big girls

What is wrong with being a big woman or man if your happy that way. I am a very happy big girl. I don't see where it is anyone's business who's big and who's not. If his wife is happy the way she is then its all good but if she's not and wants to lose weight then he needs to put her first if he loves her like he says. Love isn't about how you look it's about who you are inside. I personally feel the only reason people have problems with fat people is because they are insecure with who they are and they are the ones who need to seek help. I really am sick and tired of hearing about how this person or that person needs to lose weight just to fit what society says they should be. It's stupid to think everyone has to look the same. Some of us weren't made to fit into a size 6. Were all made different and should be able to be the way they want. As for this guy's brother he needs to shut up because the only reason he says anything is because he can't get someone to love him like that. I personally believe fat girls love their men better because we have had to deal with crap our whole lives therefore we know first hand how much words and actions can hurt and therefore we don't do alot of the crap skinny girls do. There is ALOT of men who prefer fat girls. Just like theres alot of girls who prefer fat guys.

January 30, 2007, 11:35 am CST

The "whole" you includes your appearance

Quote From: pichick712

I have been single since 2001. I am no longer the 110 pound chickie I was before my son was born almost 13 years ago but I am the same person INSIDE. However it is IMPOSSIBLE to find anyone who will even consider going out with a plus sized woman. I have subscribed to EVERY dating website and all I got was BROKE. Every white American male wants "slim", "average", "toned", "athletic".  NONE SAY "I want a plus sized woman". NONE!!!!!!  And when I wink or send an icebreaker to a guy, the response is either NO RESPONSE, or a resounding "NO THANK YOU". Lord knows these guys are not all toned, buff, weightlifters with perfect bodies. Being 48, I am looking at guys roughly my own age and let me tell you, there are few "prizes" out there yet THEY want "arm candy" and fat women don't fit that bill. Even Dr. Phil's beloved match.com couldn't help me. It's not so much our weight as it's about teaching men that it's not always all about how a person looks. Why do men feel they deserve only beautiful, thin women? I have seen the same faces on these website for years!!! Don't they know if they just look at the person as a whole, they might actually find a loyal, loving, and beautiful woman?

I will be having gastric bypass (lapband) in the next couple of months because as 223 pounds with hypertension, I feel it is in my best interest health-wise, but let me tell you, it anyone who "dismissed" me before the weightloss tries to write to me after I lose the weight, they are going to get an earfull from me. "I wasn't good enough for you when I was fat? but now I am that I'm thin?. NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  there are plus sized guys outh there who want teeny tiny women. Who do they think they are? Maybe Dr. Phil needs to work on the men and their way of thinking and judging a person instead of making the women feel that they are the problem.

I see lots of posts by women and girls who feel anger at being treated differently by others following weight loss,  and here is another one (although herre its a sort of anticipatory anger).  Your weight doesn't change your wroth as a person, but it certainly does change your desireability as a mate.

Attractiveness is based on signs of health and youth and fertility.  Serious overweight is a sign of sloth, gluttony, poor health and possibly faulty genetics....a cocktail of character and genetic flaws .   The envelope counts....  The envelope can't be separated from the rest of you...it is, in fact, part of the whole you.  When you do the work to be more attractive, you will have earned the attention of potential mates.   If you have to be angy at anyone, be angry at yourself for failing to take care of yourself and making yourself as attractive as you can be.

January 30, 2007, 11:36 am CST

01/31 Big Love

Quote From: pichick712

I think Dr. Phil should take a long hard look at match.com and see just how many MEN want plus sized women.  he will be amazed that virtually NO men want a plus sized woman. I had been a member off and on for years along with other dating sites and all the men on there want their women skinny, athletic, tones, or at most, just average. The only thing they want "plus sized" is our boobs. Everything else must be skinny. it's a waste of time and money to post anything on a dating website when you're a plus sized woman.

hey Dr. Phil, how about working on the MEN and changing their way of thinking???????????

um maybe you should try sites like www.fullfiggas.com which is a nice community. and saying that men dont like big woman is not true. to tell you the truth the majority of men that dont like big women are WHITE. im not being racist but its true.

January 30, 2007, 12:04 pm CST

01/31 Big Love

Quote From: gangstadawg

um maybe you should try sites like www.fullfiggas.com which is a nice community. and saying that men dont like big woman is not true. to tell you the truth the majority of men that dont like big women are WHITE. im not being racist but its true.
about the majority of men that dont like BBWs is white males. thats actually very true.

January 30, 2007, 12:41 pm CST

01/31 Big Love

Quote From: swchick

I see lots of posts by women and girls who feel anger at being treated differently by others following weight loss,  and here is another one (although herre its a sort of anticipatory anger).  Your weight doesn't change your wroth as a person, but it certainly does change your desireability as a mate.

Attractiveness is based on signs of health and youth and fertility.  Serious overweight is a sign of sloth, gluttony, poor health and possibly faulty genetics....a cocktail of character and genetic flaws .   The envelope counts....  The envelope can't be separated from the rest of you...it is, in fact, part of the whole you.  When you do the work to be more attractive, you will have earned the attention of potential mates.   If you have to be angy at anyone, be angry at yourself for failing to take care of yourself and making yourself as attractive as you can be.
You know the funny thing about all this is about 100 years ago a woman of 200+ pounds was considered the ideal. Some may remember a model called the Gibson girl. She was defiantly not a small woman. Then approximately 50 years later you had the ideal being Jane Russell and Marilyn Monroe. Both full figured women. We change our ideals almost like we change the color of our hair. Every body type has its time it really depends on what Hollywood is pushing at any given moment. Like it or not and I for one don't like it Hollywood exerts a huge influence on what we find attractive in the opposite sex.

January 30, 2007, 1:48 pm CST

Gibson girl wasn't obese

Quote From: powers009

You know the funny thing about all this is about 100 years ago a woman of 200+ pounds was considered the ideal. Some may remember a model called the Gibson girl. She was defiantly not a small woman. Then approximately 50 years later you had the ideal being Jane Russell and Marilyn Monroe. Both full figured women. We change our ideals almost like we change the color of our hair. Every body type has its time it really depends on what Hollywood is pushing at any given moment. Like it or not and I for one don't like it Hollywood exerts a huge influence on what we find attractive in the opposite sex.
 The Gibson Girl was slim and athletic.  She had curves, and wasn't any skeleton.  She wasn't morbidly obese.

January 30, 2007, 3:57 pm CST

01/31 Big Love

Quote From: swchick

The Gibson Girl was slim and athletic.  She had curves, and wasn't any skeleton.  She wasn't morbidly obese.
Yes she had curves and some of the models they used were reported as being over 200 pounds. They used corsets to achieve the wasp waist. As far as morbidly obese goes maybe not but to look at those models compared with the models of today I find it strange how the times have changed. The models of the late 1890's were by no means skinny. Just the same as when we entered the 1950's actresses like Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russell were seen as ideal. These days in Hollywood that type of actress is seen as obese. Look at Halle Berry and Kate Winslett these two are seen as full figured. That makes me laugh.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last