Message Boards

Topic : 07/03 Big Love

Number of Replies: 605
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 26, 2007, 01:55:18 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 1/31/07) The media bombards the public with images of stick-thin bodies, but not all men prefer these types of women. Self-proclaimed "Chubby Chasers" love their women curvy, round and voluptuous. Clayton says he likes the rolls on his wife, Cheryl's, 300-pound body, and he loves to watch her butt jiggle. Cheryl says that she wants to lose weight but fears that if she does, she might also lose her marriage. Does Clayton sabotage Cheryl to keep her overweight? Dr. Phil has a plan to get them both what they want. Then, Phillip says he prefers to date women who are at least 250 pounds. His twin brother, Paul, says he's disgusted by the plus-size women, and his brother is embarrassing the family. He even makes fun of Phillip's dates when he brings one home, calling her fat and stinky. Will these brothers ever be able to find a middle ground? And, go inside a nightclub that caters to big women and men who can't get enough of them! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 27, 2007, 8:10 am CST

You've Got to be Kidding!

Short and simple.  What we have here is screwed up and very selfish thinking.  Here’s why:  If you like the rolls on your wife Clayton, envision what she will look like after a triple heart bi-pass, after one of her limbs is amputated due to diabetes, or better yet, how her beauty and lust for life is stripped from her face as she lay in a coffin.  Your wife fears losing weight because she might lose her marriage?  Sounds like you two have built the perfect codependent relationship that enables Cheryl to stay fat.  That said, I am happy that you are turned on by your wife.  She deserves to be loved unconditionally.  But do not love her to DEATH!  Help her extend her life and avoid a myriad of health complications by loving her unselfishly.  And a note to you Paul. …. hope you grow up someday and become a human being.  Making fun of people, especially those less fortunate and who need help, makes you less of a man.  Personally, I chose to run from my problems and hide from life and in turn allowed an eating disorder to steal precious time. I am turning my life around by applying a 180 degree mindset change ... and NO EXCUSES.  By disabling weakness and not enabling it, anyone can turn their life around. 

January 27, 2007, 9:13 am CST

still shallow

It sounds to me like chubby chasers are just a different type of player. They are objectifying fat women and being attracted to them for purely physical reasons. Personality, character, brains, etc. are left out of the equation. Instead of the more common type of "arm candy" they've chosen something more voluptuous. It's still icky. Don't women want to be truly loved for who they are?

January 27, 2007, 9:36 am CST

apples and oranges

Being tired of the media's bombardment of "stick-thin" glamour ideals and being obsessive about only wanting to date morbidly obese women are two different issues. This man has obviously been influenced by the media and is using his own weight issues to "fight back" by claiming to only want morbidly obese women.  I wonder if he were 6'3" and 220 lbs. if he would maintain the same ideals for himself. The 2 issues are totally unrelated, it's just an excuse for his "choice".

January 27, 2007, 9:38 am CST

Hi everyone...

My name is Jenn and I will be on this show. You will see me dancing and being interviewed in the black and pink dress from hourglassfashions.com and I was partying at Club Bounce in Long Beach.  I just found out the show was going to air on Wednesday and I'm so nervous about being on tv. I can't believe I announced my weight on national television :) At least it was after losing 70 pounds LOL I have to say that the Dr. Phil crew is so nice and so easy to talk to.  If you have any questions for me, my email address is in my profile. 

Have a great week everyone!

XOXO

Jenn

January 27, 2007, 10:31 am CST

Big Love

Oh yeah, there's nothing more "sensual" than a full figured young lady. Experience here. My late wife of thirteen yrs. was 295lbs. when we met/married. To me...she was, and still is my"goddess".

Even now, I am having to start over and want a "big love" in my life again.

January 27, 2007, 11:16 am CST

Excuse me but...

We all have different ideas about what we want.  Men who like robust over rubberband, well that is their choice.  But no one should feel obligated to stay a certain size in order to keep their mate.  If a person truly loves you they will be with you no matter what size you are.  I hope Cheryl can seize the opportunity to lose weight and keep her marriage together.  If not, lose weight and live your life.  I have lost over 200 lbs and I am living a different life now.  You won't be sorry you lost weight, ever. 

Good luck.

January 27, 2007, 12:25 pm CST

01/31 Big Love

Wow!!  I just don't know what men really do like!  Anyway being  fat is a health risk!  But its whats on the inside of a person not the out side.   The only thing I see bad about  being fat is the health risk. Not the looks!  If a person thats fat wants to loose it. Then I say go for it! Don't worry what Hes thinks. If he truly loves you. he will support you.   Be happy with who you are. Want to change things about yourself then go for it. Make your own self happy first!

January 27, 2007, 1:12 pm CST

shallow people

i am a big woman,weighing over 350 lbs., and for a long time i thought i couldn't find anyone that wanted someone my size. But i found out there are men out there who like women my size. My boyfriend likes me the way i am and doesn't want me to lose weight but he knows i have to lose weight for health reasons . i have arthritis in all my joints and am losing weight so i won't end up in a  wheelchair. i worry everyday that if i lose too much weight that i might lose him but this is something i have to do for me. if someone cares or loves you it shouldn't matter whether you are big or small. to me it's what's inside that should count and not your body size. women should do what is best for them and if their husbands or boyfriends can't except that then , in my opinion, that makes them very selfish and shallow.

January 27, 2007, 2:17 pm CST

Not another liar!

Quote From: lostabunch

We all have different ideas about what we want.  Men who like robust over rubberband, well that is their choice.  But no one should feel obligated to stay a certain size in order to keep their mate.  If a person truly loves you they will be with you no matter what size you are.  I hope Cheryl can seize the opportunity to lose weight and keep her marriage together.  If not, lose weight and live your life.  I have lost over 200 lbs and I am living a different life now.  You won't be sorry you lost weight, ever. 

Good luck.

You won't be sorry you lost weight, ever. 

That's a load of bs if I ever heard it.  What about the men and women who suffer from anorexia? I'm sure we all saw those episodes of Dr. Phil.

I'm so tired of hearing those "I lost 15 lbs and I look great!". It's nice those people now look worse than they did before. Society lives with cruel ideals. You're just another robot.

January 27, 2007, 4:06 pm CST

Full Figured and Fabulous

Being a full figured woman I know how hard it is to deal with the prejudices of others.   Don't think anyone should be held back from losing weight if that is their incentive.  It is selfish to sabotage your spouse if in their heart they want to be healthier.  Being healthy however, does not mean you have to be stick thin.  I am a size 18 and I work out 3 to 4 days a week and do alot of walking.  I try to make conscious choices when eating, not always perfect but I am in good health and feel good about myself.   Fact is people come in many shapes and sizes and just because you are not a size 4 does not mean your not active or lead a healthy life.   Also, their are body types that will always have a bit of curve to them.  To all the ladies with curves I say enjoy them, love yourself and if you want to lose weight go for it.  But do it for yourself not because society dictates it......

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last