Message Boards

Topic : 02/02 A Difficult Reunion – Part 2

Number of Replies: 337
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 26, 2007, 02:00:37 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
After 20 years, Erica finally gets the chance to ask her father, Mark, all of the questions that have tormented her for years. Then Dr. Phil comes at the recovering drug-addict with some tough questions of his own. Refusing to let Mark walk away from his daughter after all she's been through, Dr. Phil goes backstage to confront him and convince this belligerent ex-convict to quell his anger and continue the conversation with his adult daughter. Sparks fly among Dr. Phil, Mark, and Erica, but when Erica's older sister, Rachel, and Aunt Denise decide they are also ready to confront Mark, this explosive emotional reunion is something you have to see to believe. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More February 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 20, 2007, 7:52 pm CST

02/02 A Difficult Reunion – Part 2

To mark, Erica, and Dr phil

Erica-  You were very brave to confront your father about the death of your mother.  I would have done the same thing.  You asked the right questions and you hopefully got some good answers.  You know that your dad is truly sorry for what he has done to you and what that has taken away from your childhood.  Dr Phil can help you with this difficutl situation, God Bless you.

Mark-  You did a brave thing, telling your daughter that you were sorry for kiling her mother.  It is not an easy thing to do because of the regret that you have of doing it.  It isnt easy to tell her I killed your mother I am sorry that you didnt have a mother growing up as a child.  You made a sincere apology and Erica has acccepted you apology.

Dr phil-  This particular episode moved me to tears.  A girl confronting her father who killed her mother when she was only 2 years old.  I would  be devestated if i never had a mother in my childhood.  I think that you did a good job with this story, and you also gave mark and Erica some good advice.  I am hoping that mark will complete rehab.  Hopefully when that day comes you will be able to film an update show and bring mark and erica back again

May 24, 2007, 11:42 am CDT

Touched

Having watched this show, I am totally torn. I really can not think of anything else that this girl contacting her father and that I was priviliged to watch that and share their emotions in a milder form.( The show was on TV today, because I live in Sweden and we get everything much later, which may be understandable.)

I admire them all, I really do, I admire you. I feel with you, and it is unbelievably hard to even understand what you have been through. I don't think any of you will understand either, because it just is too hard to swallow. Hopefully, you can see past that and accept the fact that what happened is unexplainable, and start to love each other again. But, of course, who am I to give you advises.. Thank you for giving me courage was what I actually wanted to write. Thank you! /Katja

May 25, 2007, 11:14 am CDT

Braveheart.

I think Erica shows a heart that is brave and full of love. If more people would be like her, the world would be a greater place. I really feel for her!!

Sorry the bad english!

Lars, Sweden

May 26, 2007, 4:28 pm CDT

he was good

Mark was good at expressing himself at stage and also behind it.

he spoked very well and he didn´t apologize to his daughter just because that was "what he should do". He said to her what he wanted to say, what was on his mind.

No one should ever apologize to anyone unless they mean it and it comes from their heart. that´s just wrong, even in this case.

and of course it was hard on her,  i can see that and that seh forgave him, that was really strong. And i was also really impressed by her aunt, that she was so forgiving, and that she told him that she knew that he loved his wife, fantastic job.

and that mark called you a pompous ass, maybe it was a little rough, and you didn´t seem to care about it, and that is good. but he was right, actually. Sometimes you can rally be a pompous ass.

thanks for this opponion / "im from  sweden"

June 11, 2007, 9:44 pm CDT

Erica is so brave

You are so brave Erica, it is an extremely difficult thing you have done but you will be stronger and more at ease now that you have gone through it.  At least your Dad is making efforts to talk and reconcile with you, and seems to be, genuinely seeking your forgiveness and acceptance.  Take your time and like Dr Phil says, take baby steps and don't have big expectations about having that lovey dovey daddy relationship.  If you have high expectations then you may be disappointed, if you expect little and you get more than that then you will be pleased!  God bless you both and I hope and pray that your dad takes this opportunity to change the rest of his life.  Lots of prayer needed for you all!

August 10, 2007, 2:04 am CDT

inspired

I know the show aired in February 2007, but I just saw it last night, I’m talking about Erica who has confronted her father who murdered her mother, I really admire her and I’m so inspired by her gut to go trough all this, I feel that she is a strong woman and so brave to do this heart breaking show and I hope that she would have a good relationship with her father in the future and I don’t know why but I have this feeling that her dad would step up and be a father to his children both Erica and Rachael, of course that is if Rachael gives him a chance which I don’t think she would. I’m stunned by the work that dr.phil has done and his patience towards mark’s attitude.

September 4, 2007, 9:35 am CDT

god bless them 4 moving on

i was very very touched by this dr phil show i would say  by far this show was the BEST ONE YET  !!!oh my god i loved it and admire ericas guts to confront her father. It was disgusting what he did that many years ago and her fathers actions were incredibly disturbing but something about it all made me happy that erica was forgivving him but never forgetting!

for some strange reason i got a quite warming feeling towards him even though he did a terrible thing!!!!!!! but let bye gones be bye gones he must never mess up ever ageain because he aint ever guna get another chance!!

First | Prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | Next Page | Last Page