Message Boards

Topic : 07/16 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp

Number of Replies: 421
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 02, 2007, 02:58:57 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/05/07) Meet three women ready to divorce their controlling and chauvinistic husbands. In a last-ditch effort to save their marriages – and their sanity – Tara, Amanda and Cherie turn their husbands in to Dr. Phil’s Man Camp, an intensive week-long stay in The Dr. Phil House designed to give them an attitude adjustment and a new appreciation for their wives. Scott has anger issues, Nic had an emotional affair and John thinks he’s superior to all women. Because the wives are also guilty of everything from name-calling to cheating, Dr. Phil brings them in too, unbeknownst to their husbands. All the women say they are tired of being treated like maids, so while the husbands are away, the wives mess up The Dr. Phil House -- in spectacular fashion! Years of pent-up frustration leave the house in a colossal disarray. When the men see the destruction and learn it is their time to clean, tempers flare. One husband refuses to participate and demands an explanation. After a heated discussion, he hangs up on Dr. Phil and storms out, leaving his heart-broken wife behind. Can she convince her husband to return with a participative spirit, or is this the end of their stay … and their relationship? Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 2, 2007, 6:28 pm CST

Men Camp

I think a Men Camp is a good idea. Dr Phil, please don't take this the wrong because I know you don't do this to your Wife Robin but what is wrong with men that don't want to do anything to help their wives in any of the house hold chores. I live with a man that if he drops something on the floor he calls me in to pick it up. Then when he gets mad he starts to cuss me out like I am suppose to obey him like a child. I am sorry but my father is no longer alive. May he rest in peace. I am glad that you are having this show on controlling husband starting Monday I hope I can get my husband to watch it. But I won't bet on it.

February 3, 2007, 12:53 am CST

Hmmm

I'm really looking forward to this show! I have a feeling we are going to see some real "WINNERS" on this show..lol.  I hope Dr. Phil gives these guys a wake up call in his own "special" way.. HEHEHE. This will be a episode not to miss!

February 3, 2007, 3:36 am CST

02/05 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp

I don't understand why women have to constantly prove to men that their job as a stay at home mom is a hundred times tougher than any job that a man could have.  Women have absolutely no appreciation for anything that a man has to do.  Little things like put a roof over your head.  Put food on the table.  Electricity, water.  Y'know.  Little stuff.  I'd love to see a woman camp where women go to a construction site for 8 hours a day in the 100 degree heat and hammer nails and tar roofs 5 days a week.  Or better yet.  Skip the woman camp and when a husband comes home at the end of the day, say thanks for working hard for the family.  Women need compliments for doing even the smallest thing.  Men get no gratitude for doing anything.

February 3, 2007, 6:47 am CST

The Dr.Phil house: Man Camp

Quote From: kaden10001

I think a Men Camp is a good idea. Dr Phil, please don't take this the wrong because I know you don't do this to your Wife Robin but what is wrong with men that don't want to do anything to help their wives in any of the house hold chores. I live with a man that if he drops something on the floor he calls me in to pick it up. Then when he gets mad he starts to cuss me out like I am suppose to obey him like a child. I am sorry but my father is no longer alive. May he rest in peace. I am glad that you are having this show on controlling husband starting Monday I hope I can get my husband to watch it. But I won't bet on it.

I think the Man Camp idea is great. For some reason, some men direct  all their anger  towards their wives or girlfriends, whether its the issue of control or other things i am not too sure.  It has shocking effects to their families, and if they have kids, it traumatises them greatly as well.  So i am hopeful that with Dr.Phil's excellent help some positive results will come out of it for the sake of all concerned.  Dr.Phil and Robyn and their family, Jay and Jordan, are a wonderful example to us all as a perfect family, even though i know there is no such thing, but they are near to perfect in my eyes.  God bless them as a family and may God allow them to help and inspire us as we walk the path of life.  Maria3255  

February 3, 2007, 8:21 am CST

gratitude

Quote From: davejfk

I don't understand why women have to constantly prove to men that their job as a stay at home mom is a hundred times tougher than any job that a man could have.  Women have absolutely no appreciation for anything that a man has to do.  Little things like put a roof over your head.  Put food on the table.  Electricity, water.  Y'know.  Little stuff.  I'd love to see a woman camp where women go to a construction site for 8 hours a day in the 100 degree heat and hammer nails and tar roofs 5 days a week.  Or better yet.  Skip the woman camp and when a husband comes home at the end of the day, say thanks for working hard for the family.  Women need compliments for doing even the smallest thing.  Men get no gratitude for doing anything.
 I've never been a housewife, but i do work part-time so i can be room-mom, and taxi driver to baseball practices.  I think if there is an equal appretiation for each other's jobs then your home life would be ok.  It's not worth fighting over if my husband didn't load the dishwasher.  My husband is a truck driver/ dock worker.  He's in the heat and the cold!!!  The last thing he wants to hear is me bitching when he comes home from work!!!!  I respect that.  He also doesn't complain about his socks not being washed if I had a bad shift at work, he just washes them himself.  Why waste all that time fighting over "who has the harder job" when you could shift that  energy to the bedroom!!!!!!  It's about respect don't you think???  I show him respect and he shows me respect.  When there's belittling and abuse then that's a deal breaker.  When we show each other respect it teaches the kids as well.  I certainly thank my husband for all his hard work.  We purchased his dream Harley this X-mas!!!!!!!  Now  that's gratitude!!!!!  I know this....I wouldn't want my husband's job and he doesn't want mine!!!!

February 3, 2007, 11:12 am CST

Your household problem is ABUSE; chore handling is a symptom

Quote From: kaden10001

My boyfriend (a macho martial arts instructor) washes dishes, sinks, and clothes;  vacuums; and scrubs toilets; as did my previous male roommate.  I know lots of husbands who do housework.  Rather than generalize about all men, please realize you're in an abusive relationship.  Your abuser cusses you out and expects you to obey, while he doesn't life a finger around the house.  Getting your husband to watch the show will probably piss him off. Rather than that, assuming you're not in any immediate physical danger, I suggest you read up on controlling and verbally abusive men.  You DON'T have to put up with this lousy treatment.

Suggested reading:  "The Verbally Abusive Relationship"  by Patricia Evans and "Why Does He Do That" by Lundy Bancroft 

February 3, 2007, 12:49 pm CST

02/05 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp

Quote From: davejfk

Hello,! I worked 60 hrs. a week  @ factory job while heavily pregnant (morning sickness and all) I'd like to see a man do that and give birth.. then we'll talk K?

By the way, I appreciate what my husband does (works full time) and he appreciates what I do work part-time and take care of three kids most of the household chores, all of the many and varied appts. and all the grocery shopping. I think what it boils down to is respect.

February 3, 2007, 12:51 pm CST

Woman camp

I think the woman camp is a great idea.  Women are always trying to "fix" their men, but you never see a guy go into counseling trying to fix his SO.  These women sound like they need a camp too, to work on how to react constructively to their husband's tirades, instead of throwing in the towel or finding a way out because they're unhappy.  The men have their own problems, but the women don't have to be powerless to change the relationship.

February 4, 2007, 8:43 am CST

Get a grip man

Quote From: faeryedark

Hello,! I worked 60 hrs. a week  @ factory job while heavily pregnant (morning sickness and all) I'd like to see a man do that and give birth.. then we'll talk K?

By the way, I appreciate what my husband does (works full time) and he appreciates what I do work part-time and take care of three kids most of the household chores, all of the many and varied appts. and all the grocery shopping. I think what it boils down to is respect.

Guess you have tunnel vision man. There are a lot of women doing that very thing. I don't think they go as far as carrying bundles of shingles, but they do work real hard at carpentry, plumbing, installing cabinetry. Don't underestimate the might of a woman if she likes the work she'll do it. Just because a woman has female parts, it does limit her absolutely to household chores and grocery shopping

February 4, 2007, 11:12 am CST

it's all about self-esteem

Quote From: faeryedark

I agree, self-respect and self-esteem.  If any man treated me poorly, to include my entire lifetime:  father, brother, boyfriends and then finally husband, I would leave in a minute.  It's about being happy in the long run.  Happiness is surrounding yourself with those that appreciate and validate your life.  Anything less than this is a waste of time.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last