Message Boards

Topic : 07/17 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 2

Number of Replies: 289
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 02, 2007, 03:00:27 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/06/07) An intensive workshop continues in The Dr. Phil House as three wives turn their husbands in to Man Camp in a last-ditch effort to save their marriages. After Scott refuses to clean up a mess in the house, he has an angry discussion with Dr. Phil and storms out. Can his wife, Tara, convince him to give the experience another shot for the sake of his marriage and his family? Then, John and Nic roll up their sleeves and begin to clean the house, while their wives secretly watch in amazement. Will they have a new appreciation for what their better halves do on a daily basis? Plus, Dr. Phil sits down with Nic and Amanda. What did they do to nearly get kicked out of The Dr. Phil House? And will Amanda agree to bring in the man she’s been having an affair with, so she can tell him in front of Dr. Phil that it’s over, once and for all? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 6, 2007, 6:38 am CST

Emotionally & Financially Screwed

My screen name lost_at_44 is a little outdated.  I will now be 48 in June and still stuck.  My husband is/was an alcoholic and stuck on prescription drugs.  I dreamed of the day he would get clean and we could live happily ever after. . . Well, he went to rehab for a few months and has now been clean for a little over a year.  I thought it would all be better.  However, he still has the same personality as when he was using.  He lost his job over the years, insurance and so on and has been very sneaky and deceitfull, full of secrets and put downs.  We've been married for 14.5 years now and have 2 boys 9 & 12.  He needs a few lessons from Dr. Phil.  I continually get put down and called several names with many f-bombs.  I was shocked Dr. Phil never called his wife a B-.  If I try to talk to him he calls it excuses, or says oh yea, you're the victim.  I do go to Al-anon and has become my strength along with my family.  The harder I try to stick up for my self, the more I'm put down.  We have not had sex for a year now, 4 times while he was in rehab, but before that it was 22 months.  I have learned to live without affection - I take that back, he will cuddle or hug if HE wants to but it's on his terms.  He continually tells me to watch the money even though I am not an extravagent person.  I have always been a stay at home mom since the boys as that has been the career I planned on.  He gives me cash, small amounts at a time, has me use my own credit cards and he pays for it - but after I get scolded.  He has taken away the credit cards we have jointly.  I recently got my credit report to find we are $21,000 in debt on these joint credit cards that I did not even know I had.  All the money there is - several thousand is ALL in his name alone.  He hides his pay stubs and fought with me last week when I asked him how much he makes - he said what does it matter - your well cared for.  We are the average middle class family but with a husband who knows how to hurt.  He will look right at me when he is yelling at me but as soon as he is done talking he turns his head and will not look at me when I talk but as soon as he is ready to talk he turns back.  I continue to gain strength and support but my heart hurts.  I am smart, loving, pretty, creative, helpful, friendly and everybody loves me . . . and supposedly he does too????  Dr. Phil you and Robin are amazing - I wish you had clones to go around and make the world better at a faster rate than you do - but just seeing your show makes me realize the mess my life has become.  I can't wait for todays episode - keep giving us the strength we're looking for.  Bless you.

February 6, 2007, 6:51 am CST

02/06 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 2

Anyone else wish that the dr.phil house episodes were available in text base format like all the other episodes. I am NEVER able to watch dr.phil on TV, therefor the only method i have to see whats going on in the dr.phil show is to read it online.

I realize that the episodes have small sections on the website but the videos never work for me and the few times I've been able to see them they never added to what what said in the text, still too much missing.

I'm certain there are others like me where watching the episodes on tv or the short video clips on the website just isn't possible or practical.

Please let this be heard, I hate missing out on Mondays and sometimes Tuesdays because the dr.phil house is being put on the web in a different format.

Please note: I tried looking for a place I could throw in a suggestion like this one but found none.

February 6, 2007, 7:10 am CST

My two-year-old behaves better

Scott is nothing more than a whiny-arse baby.  He makes my toddler look like an adult.  What a child!!!  I remember him saying something to the effect of, "You're just trying to make me look like a *$#%&"  Oh no Scott, you're doing a good enough job of making yourself look like a "*$#%&".  You're a sad, pathetic excuse for a man, and my husband and I were laughing our behinds off watching you put yourself to shame.  You are NO man; you are a child.  GROW UP YOU SICK LOSER AND TREAT THAT WIFE OF YOURS WITH RESPECT!  She's lost all the respect she could possibly have for herself by staying with your sorry arse!  And I hope you're reading; I welcome your comments!

February 6, 2007, 7:15 am CST

GET OUT

In regards to the couple who's husband refused to clean the house.....

Why would you even want to be with him?  Get out and get on with your life!  My first marriage was a disaster, and the fear of going ("facing the unknown") and the fear of failing ("divorce is a bad word") kept me chained WAY TOO LONG.  I finally broke free and started a new life for me and my 2 kids.  I knew if I ever remarried what to look for in a man.....well, I was blessed with a terrific new husband who would never treat me that way again!!

Change is scary, but from the looks of things it's a lot better than where you're at now.  Your husband is a jerk with an "I'M IT!" attitude and a filthy mouth.  LOSE HIM---QUICKLY!!!!

DM

February 6, 2007, 8:23 am CST

chosen misery

Men like this make me so glad that I am single.  Been there, done that, not going back.  Ever!

February 6, 2007, 8:52 am CST

What is Scotts JOB?

I missed what this so called grown up dose for a living, but with that mouth who would hire him for very long. I heard him tell Dr Phil that this is how he talks so get over it. This is not a man to ever be around a child .He  has no self control of any kind.

February 6, 2007, 8:55 am CST

02/06 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 2

Quote From: ryuzoku

Anyone else wish that the dr.phil house episodes were available in text base format like all the other episodes. I am NEVER able to watch dr.phil on TV, therefor the only method i have to see whats going on in the dr.phil show is to read it online.

I realize that the episodes have small sections on the website but the videos never work for me and the few times I've been able to see them they never added to what what said in the text, still too much missing.

I'm certain there are others like me where watching the episodes on tv or the short video clips on the website just isn't possible or practical.

Please let this be heard, I hate missing out on Mondays and sometimes Tuesdays because the dr.phil house is being put on the web in a different format.

Please note: I tried looking for a place I could throw in a suggestion like this one but found none.

I second your suggestion.  I, too, have a very controlling husband, with no foreseeable way out. Six months ago, he cut off our access to TV, so I can't watch the show, but I do keep up with it online.  I find it frustrating that the Dr Phil House episodes have no written synopsis as the other episodes do.  It makes it harder to get the entire gist of what's happening, if you don't have access to a TV.

February 6, 2007, 9:07 am CST

Scott the ???????

Wow, was I ever shocked at Scotts behavior.  He is an egomaniac and looks to be potentially dangerous.  I fear for his wife and children.  It seems that it is his way or the highway.  A+ to Dr. Phil for not bending to his rants. 

February 6, 2007, 9:11 am CST

Bravo Dr. Phil !!!!!!!

I just wanted to tell Dr. Phil that this is what we needed to see a man to tell the ladies that they don't deserve this kind of treatment. I will honestly say I have been there where you don't know what to do. I hope these women understand that there is always help and that they do deserve to be happy and if they choose to get out of the marriage and start looking for another man remember the lesson and then choose wisely. good luck to all the women I hope you find what you are looking for in their life!!!!!!!

February 6, 2007, 9:13 am CST

Confused

I am really confused as to why any of these women would want their marriage to work.  It surely can't be for the kids they don't want and the ones that get abused by their actions.  Watching that show yesterday made me look at my husband in a new light.  He has his moments but he also knows what can get by me.  Let me spell it out for them D-I-V-O-R-C-E = A Life for you and your kids

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last