Message Boards

Topic : 07/17 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 2

Number of Replies: 289
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 02, 2007, 03:00:27 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/06/07) An intensive workshop continues in The Dr. Phil House as three wives turn their husbands in to Man Camp in a last-ditch effort to save their marriages. After Scott refuses to clean up a mess in the house, he has an angry discussion with Dr. Phil and storms out. Can his wife, Tara, convince him to give the experience another shot for the sake of his marriage and his family? Then, John and Nic roll up their sleeves and begin to clean the house, while their wives secretly watch in amazement. Will they have a new appreciation for what their better halves do on a daily basis? Plus, Dr. Phil sits down with Nic and Amanda. What did they do to nearly get kicked out of The Dr. Phil House? And will Amanda agree to bring in the man she’s been having an affair with, so she can tell him in front of Dr. Phil that it’s over, once and for all? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 6, 2007, 9:53 am CST

02/06 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 2

Quote From: ryuzoku

Anyone else wish that the dr.phil house episodes were available in text base format like all the other episodes. I am NEVER able to watch dr.phil on TV, therefor the only method i have to see whats going on in the dr.phil show is to read it online.

I realize that the episodes have small sections on the website but the videos never work for me and the few times I've been able to see them they never added to what what said in the text, still too much missing.

I'm certain there are others like me where watching the episodes on tv or the short video clips on the website just isn't possible or practical.

Please let this be heard, I hate missing out on Mondays and sometimes Tuesdays because the dr.phil house is being put on the web in a different format.

Please note: I tried looking for a place I could throw in a suggestion like this one but found none.

I agree! It's really frustrating trying to find out what's going on in "the house" when you can't read it! Drives me nuts! I'm at work when Dr.Phil comes on, so obviously the only way I can catch what's going on is through online. I really wish they would use the same format for the Dr.Phil House as they do for the other episodes!

February 6, 2007, 10:00 am CST

Scott

Hey, Scott:

I bet you made your parents really proud of you! You are a typical spoiled brat. Grow up, already!

February 6, 2007, 10:13 am CST

stop believing in fairy tales

I believe too many women believe in "happily ever after" and throw themselves in relationships that deplete them of power and dignity.  Here is a wonderful poem of Maya Angelou that women should use as a primer to life. I hope the wives on the show read this gem.

MAYA ANGELOU
A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...
enough money within her control to move out and rent a place of her own even if she never wants to or needs to...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...
something perfect to wear if the employer or date of her dreams
wants to see her in an hour...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...
a youth she's content to leave behind....

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...
a past juicy enough that she's looking forward to retelling it in
her old age....

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE....
a set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...
one friend who always makes her laugh.... and one who lets her cry...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...
a good piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in
her family...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...
eight matching plates, wine glasses with stems, and a recipe for a
meal that will make her guests feel honored...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...
a feeling of control over her destiny...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
how to fall in love without losing herself..

HOW TO QUIT A JOB,
BREAK UP WITH A LOVER,
AND CONFRONT A FRIEND WITHOUT RUINING THE FRIENDSHIP...

when to try harder... and WHEN TO WALK AWAY...

that she can't change the length of her calves, the width of her
hips, or the nature of her parents..

that her childhood may not have been perfect...
but its over...

what she would and wouldn't do for love or more...

how to live alone... even if she doesn't like it....

whom she can trust,
whom she can't,
and why she shouldn't
take it personally...

where to go...
be it to her best friend's kitchen table...
or a charming inn in the woods...
when her soul needs soothing...

what she can and can't accomplish in a day...a month...and a year....

February 6, 2007, 10:15 am CST

These guys all have issues

I have an issue with any man that refuses to treat his wife with respect and like a lady. To hit a woman is absolutely not acceptable in any way unless it's a strike in self defense. Fighting in front of your children is the worst thing a set of "so called" parents can do because all that does is destroy the children while the parents destroy themselves.   These 3 couples need serious help and judging from past performances, if Dr. Phil can't help them there is no hope. I wish I'd have had his help with my marriage before my wife passed on, it probably would have made for better lives for the both of us. These guys need to trust him and shut up and listen and their women need to do the same. Bring Robin into the picture and let the women really hear it the way it is, or at least should be.

February 6, 2007, 10:24 am CST

The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp Part 2

Quote From: penny_lady

Not all men are like that. Not by a long shot. Don't judge and entire gender based on a few jerky guys. These guys are cavemen compared to my husband. Some men are evolved beyond THIS.
 I don't think these guys need Dr.Phil.........I think they need NANNY 911........When I watched this I was shocked. My wife and I both work......I don't mind helping out around the house.......I am on temporary layoff right now........I do the laundry, vacumn the house, do the the dishes, and anything else I she asks me to do.....I would never act like one of these idiots on this show....They act like little kids......I feel so sorry for these wives to have to put up with this.......They make me so angry I just want reach through the television and open a can of whoop ass on them..lol. Well that is all I have to say.......I wish Dr. Phil alot of luck with this bunch.........

February 6, 2007, 10:34 am CST

Quote From: marsplasti

Do not have to live like this. There are tons of support groups out there for you in your area. Reach out and you will find them. Domesic Violence Agencies, social services, shelters for abused woman. Honey, You are a battered woman and a victim of domestic Violence. Take it for what it is. I was a victim but now a survivor. Your husband has a good job seems like to me.

Well if you file for divorce you get half of the assets and half of the liabilities. Most States is 5/50 so you will get alimony, child support, half of the house, half of his assets. You will do better financially without him; trust me. Go to an attorney for the first consult is free. Heck, go to several and see what they say. you are entitled to alot and not entitled to be getting abused and controlled by your so called husband. You do have options. Your husband has brainwashed you into thinking you have none. There is alot of help out there. All you have to do is ask and reach out and pray. You can do this one step at a time. Later on down the road maybe you can look into going back to school and then work.

Let me clarify some things.   My daughter is not  OUR daughter.  She is my youngest from my previous marriage, so I would not qualify for child support.  Her bio-father has not been able to be found by so-called "child support enforcement) since she was born.  Her bio-father owes over 81,000 in back support.  Will she ever see it?  Not in this country or lifetime, I doubt.  Child support enforcement is the biggest joke of an agency on this planet.

As far as our marital assets are concerned, it's complicated, but suffice to say, although my husband has a well-paying job, he is not good with finances or business, so there aren't many assets accumulated to take "half" of.  The bank owns everything, to be precise. He's only been in this country for nearly six years, so we've had no time to build up much. 

My husband told my daughter awhile back, that he only married me to immigrate to the USA.  He plays her emotionally like a fiddle, one day sarcastic and insulting, the next day "the loving Daddy".  She has already been abandoned by her bio-father before she was born, so you can only imagine the fear of being abandoned by this one, along with her pain of being also his emotional abuse victim.  It's a recipe for disaster, but I see no way out.  We have NO financial resources, or emotional support.  I will get us out, but it will take time and planning. And I will not leave my daughter alone with this man. Not for a second.  That is why I have a harder time working my way out.  I live in a State which has very little support for women in my position. 

Before I married this man, I was a single Mom for 10 years, had worked my way up to a decent position in a good company.  I wasn't financially well off (I live in a part of the country with very low wages and little opportunities for women), but I had a roof over our heads, and food on the table at all times.  Life was hard, but I was able to manage.  I've not had family support to speak of since my mother died of cancer in the early nineties. I grew up in a very dysfunctional family, with little love and affection, and I realize that my own choices in life have had a high degree of dysfunction, also.  However, I am not unintelligent, just emotionally needy, I suspect.   I call myself a "psycho magnet" for drunks. I've been married to three alcoholics in my lifetime.  I just didn't get it, I guess. I couldn't seem to break the cycle.  This one appeared to be working out until we came back to the USA.  That's when the real trouble started, after he got what he wanted: a green card.  

My reason for posting is not to find help for myself. I will do that myself, believe me, with time and my own efforts.  My intent in posting is to help others to see that it's a complicated issue, not an easy one, and women such as I do not deserve to be judged harshly as if we are perpetrators of our own victimization.  I am NOT a professional victim. I well know my own bad decisions which caused myself and my daughter to be in this position, but that does not excuse my husband's abuse.  I'm well aware that my husband is not always a jerk, (at times he is generous and almost loving) but the times which he IS abusive are  bad enough to warrant getting away from him.  And I will.. when I can do so safely, without involving the US government in any way, shape, or form.  I have no intention of ever being married again.  I have no intention of having any man in my life, ever again.  I realize, at my age, the rest of my life's road will be rough in the extreme, due to the way the USA worships youth, and disposes of it's elderly, believe me.  But I will eventually end this relationship.

At the moment, I don't even have proper clothes to go on a job interview, even if I could leave my daughter to go to work.  My husband makes sure of that.  My daughter has been homeschooled all her life, and would not function well in an institutionalized setting. She has not been conditioned to be a person in lockstep with everyone else, as today's public-schooled children are.  We have so much "bully mentality" in our school systems today, (along with the infamous "all children left behind" act) I know she would find herself even further victimized if I were to send her to public school in order to go to work, not to mention bored out of her skull. So, I will find another way, somehow.  Thanks for listening. Guess I was bottling quite a bit of these issues, and this topic brought it out.

February 6, 2007, 10:47 am CST

Thank you for posting this.

Quote From: luknee

I believe too many women believe in "happily ever after" and throw themselves in relationships that deplete them of power and dignity.  Here is a wonderful poem of Maya Angelou that women should use as a primer to life. I hope the wives on the show read this gem.

MAYA ANGELOU
A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...
enough money within her control to move out and rent a place of her own even if she never wants to or needs to...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...
something perfect to wear if the employer or date of her dreams
wants to see her in an hour...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...
a youth she's content to leave behind....

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...
a past juicy enough that she's looking forward to retelling it in
her old age....

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE....
a set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...
one friend who always makes her laugh.... and one who lets her cry...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...
a good piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in
her family...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...
eight matching plates, wine glasses with stems, and a recipe for a
meal that will make her guests feel honored...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE...
a feeling of control over her destiny...

how to fall in love without losing herself..

HOW TO QUIT A JOB,
BREAK UP WITH A LOVER,
AND CONFRONT A FRIEND WITHOUT RUINING THE FRIENDSHIP...

when to try harder... and WHEN TO WALK AWAY...

that she can't change the length of her calves, the width of her
hips, or the nature of her parents..

that her childhood may not have been perfect...
but its over...

what she would and wouldn't do for love or more...

how to live alone... even if she doesn't like it....

whom she can trust,
whom she can't,
and why she shouldn't
take it personally...

where to go...
be it to her best friend's kitchen table...
or a charming inn in the woods...
when her soul needs soothing...

what she can and can't accomplish in a day...a month...and a year....

Someone I admire recently referred to Dr. Angelou as "living art".  I agree.

February 6, 2007, 10:53 am CST

Quote From: drwifeandmom

He also would ask her a question and then not let her answer.  He then turned around and told her that he let her talk so now let him.  BIG JOKE.  I wonder how he felt to watch himself on TV.  Just like she said when she saw herself out of the picture how bad it was, she is not even his problem.  He is his problem.  I was with my ex for 9 years and that was his problem, everything was everybody else's fault. 
wow it is like you know scott. you know what he said when he saw himself???? He thought it was totally justified!! yeah he did!!

February 6, 2007, 11:21 am CST

Quote From: taramichelle

wow it is like you know scott. you know what he said when he saw himself???? He thought it was totally justified!! yeah he did!!
What exactly are your goals with these posts if you don't mind me asking?

February 6, 2007, 11:42 am CST

Quote From: penny_lady

What exactly are your goals with these posts if you don't mind me asking?
what are you talking about? Why would you ask me that as a reply to something i said to someone else. because i was being serious when i said that to the other person.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last