Message Boards

Topic : 02/08 Flasher Exposed

Number of Replies: 1328
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 02, 2007, 03:13:52 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Thomas has kept a dark and disturbing secret for 25 years. An overpowering obsession has nearly destroyed his life. His compulsion led to him being convicted of felonies and serving a total of 15 years behind bars. Thomas is an exhibitionist who says he has exposed himself to over 50,000 women. His guilt and shame caused him to sever ties with his friends and family, and he is finally ready to reveal his truth. Something agitates Thomas as he shares his story. Find out what. Then, join Dr. Phil and Thomas in the green room as Thomas reveals his past to the woman he says he wants to marry. How does she react to hearing the news? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

More February 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 8, 2007, 5:57 am CST

You are lucky

Quote From: patstclair

I was flashed when I was walking home from school in the tenth grade. I just did a double take, and then forgot about it.

This guy on Dr. Phil needs something severed and it's not just ties with his family.

The man who flashed my friend and me in the 5th grade (I am now 44) commited suicide the next year. That just shows how disturbed he was. People like that CAN be dangerous. They often escalate their behavior. Consider yourself lucky. I do.

February 8, 2007, 6:09 am CST

I really really don't like this guy

This knucklehead has absolutely no remorse for what he has done.  He seems angry because Dr. P doesn't share in his "crap happens" attitude.

February 8, 2007, 6:35 am CST

flasher

i was flashed in high school.

i was comming home on the subway one day in my grade nine year and this chap who was sitting across from me  started to flash a couple of stops before i had to get off. i looked away as he was doing it and called the cops as soon as i could.

never herd back as to what happened to him but it DID creep me out totally.

i think ppl like that are sick

February 8, 2007, 6:40 am CST

Smug, Arrogant, Attention-Seeking B********

Thomas is nothing more than a smug, arrogant, attention-seeking b*******.  His entire attitude is out of line. Does he expect us to believe that he received oral sex from 10,000 women who enjoyed being violated (when he exposed himself)?  YEAH RIGHT! Get a grip on reality!

He came on the show to get attention, to try to do a power move on Dr Phil. It was clearly obvious that this guy has control issues and likes to be in the one in charge. What did he think coming on here? Dr. Phil's size alone is imposing. He opened a can and then didnt like what came out and it's laughable. He got made a fool of! He likes little kids, this 18yo, because he likes control. What a waste-of-space for a human being!

February 8, 2007, 6:42 am CST

Arrogance abounds

Thomas is arrogant and controlling.  I am concerned for this young women he is seeing along with any women in his presence.  Thomas maybe able to now control his obession, but will the

control he displays swing into the anger and rage. 

Ironically I was flashed one time in 1979 in my own yard with my 2 year old son standing next

to me, by a man who stop in the middle of the road got out of his truck and preceeded toward us.

I was angry and disgusted.  Thomas does not seem to be focused on the victims feelings at all.

February 8, 2007, 7:00 am CST

Big Problems!

This character obviously has more problems than "just" exposing himself to women.  Hopefully this precious young girl will run fast and far from him.

February 8, 2007, 7:06 am CST

Just a new way to flash

This guy has not overcome the need to expose himself.  He has just found a new way to do it.

He wants to "Get the word out"  he wants to expose himself on national television.  He said that he talks to anyone that he can think of about what he used to do.  In talking to everyone and now a national audience, he is exposing himself in the most personal way a person can.

The girl should dump him.  When anyone gets that angry about having something shameful in their past it isn't good.  To me he seems too volatile.

Dr Phil had to have realized this.  I have to believe that he didn't confront this man because he didn't want the show to disintegrate into a Jerry Springer type event.

February 8, 2007, 7:10 am CST

02/08 Flasher Exposed

Poor Doctor Phil This guy is a total Jerk! He keeps saying it was a disease and hes over it. Its just like drug abuse or alcoholism. There is always the urge to do it again No matter how much rehabilitation one has had. His girlfriend would not even look at him when he told her. Its as though he has some kind of hold over  her, and she didn't act surprised at all,  And what are her parents thinking letting her date a man this age! She is a kid and has not yet learned the ways of the world. She is a baby and if her parents cared about her they would no allow this man anywhere near here. This man is so full of himself he was even trying to Tell Dr Phil that he doesn't know because he hasn't been there Come on!! He kept saying he was on the show to help other people? This man has a serious problem flashing over 50,000 women, and having sex with over 7000 of them Why in the world would this young girl want to put herself through this! She has her whole life ahead of her!! Whats wrong couldn't he find someone his own age or has he already flashed and screwed them All!!!  If he really cared about this kid He would not put her through this. I guarantee You He will do it AGAIN!!!

February 8, 2007, 7:12 am CST

02/08 Flasher Exposed

Quote From: ohdang13

Is it made of gold do you think? Maybe that's why he feels the need to "amaze" everyone with his member. LMAO!  I'm sorry, but this guy cracks me up. I just want to know what he tells himself everytime he does it? 

I have no doubt this is some kind of disorder but when I think of how hard he tried to convince everyone he's under control I couldn't help yelling at the t.v.   DENIAL YOU LOSER!..then I just started laughing again.

AMEN!!!!!!!

February 8, 2007, 7:26 am CST

Ridiculous

This is my first time posting here but I had to after viewing this morning's show.  I love Dr. Phil but I think he was way tooooooo SOFT on that guy.  The guy was arrogant, cocky and was trying to be totally manipulative.  He didn't go on the show to "help" anyone but himself.  I kept waiting for Dr. Phil to THROW the book at him, heck I wanted to throw it at him myself!!!  He acted like he was doing Dr. Phil a favor by being on his show!!  There is no "cure" for his behavior.  He will have to continuous go through therapy to keep it under control.  He kept double talking and contradicting himself.  It was just crazy!! 

Dr. Phil gave that young lady some very good information and advice.  Such a young girl dealing with a man like that.  The good thing is that she and her family will see the show and hopefully she will leave him alone afterwards.

My request to Dr. Phil is to see a followup to this show.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last