Message Boards

Topic : 02/08 Flasher Exposed

Number of Replies: 1328
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 02, 2007, 03:13:52 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Thomas has kept a dark and disturbing secret for 25 years. An overpowering obsession has nearly destroyed his life. His compulsion led to him being convicted of felonies and serving a total of 15 years behind bars. Thomas is an exhibitionist who says he has exposed himself to over 50,000 women. His guilt and shame caused him to sever ties with his friends and family, and he is finally ready to reveal his truth. Something agitates Thomas as he shares his story. Find out what. Then, join Dr. Phil and Thomas in the green room as Thomas reveals his past to the woman he says he wants to marry. How does she react to hearing the news? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

More February 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 8, 2007, 7:28 am CST

You are amazing Dr. Phil

I have thought of many things I'd say to and about "Thomas", but I have decided I would just rather say, THANK YOU Dr. Phil.   You amaze me how intelligent you are, let alone how well you stay composed under pressure and with a "guest" on the show with an attitude larger than the stage.  I hope the 18-year old girlfriend's parents were watching........and I hope they have some influence over her.  Thomas's behaviors today, anger, defensive, rude, etc. towards Dr. Phil indicate trouble to me.  Whether he's ever going to flash again or not, before he continues worrying about helping others, he needs more therapy to learn to help himself. 

Dr. Phil - thank you for having such diverse issues and guests on your show. 

February 8, 2007, 7:30 am CST

Self-Absorbed Man

Enough of these arrogant men who are looking for 15 minutes of fame.  This is the third or fourth man focused so much on themselves that the show becomes boring.  Please Dr. Phil, don't loose your insight into what is important. Don't give these personalities a soapbox to stand on.  You surely have other potential show participants that would be much more profound to listen to and perhaps a tad bit grateful for any assistance they might be offered.

February 8, 2007, 7:39 am CST

Exhibitionism among the famous

Ordinary people who flash are incarcerated for indescent exposure.  You don't see celebs going to jail for this...and some use it as a hobby.  I guess people who do it don't have a lot of respect for themselves.   They must get some sort of validation from sexual attention.  It's very sad indeed.   This guy obviously needs to be in a mental hospital, or behavioral treatment facility to change his pathogenic thinking process.  Just my $.02.

February 8, 2007, 7:40 am CST

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

What in the world is wrong with this guy???? So, he has a bigger diagnosis going on here. He has to be the cockiest jackbutt I have heard speak in a long time. Dr. Phil is definitely a bigger man than I would be. I would have lit him up. He desevers someone to slap him upside his head and then make him stand in the corner. This jerk will not change. I hope she leaves his butt at the alter.

February 8, 2007, 7:43 am CST

Flasher

This guy is just exposing himself on TV now.  Once, years ago, my mom and I ran into a flasher on the street, and my mom really got him.  When he opened his trenchcoat, I was shocked, but Mom just  looked down at his parts,squinted her eyes, and said "Oh, you poor man!  Couldn't the doctor do anything to fix that little thing?"  He slammed the coat shut and ran off.  I laughed all the way home!

February 8, 2007, 7:46 am CST

Give me a break

This guy said," I have not done/or had urge to flash in over 2 yrs. " Yet he has done this for 30+, Come back in 30  idiot you may have a leg to stand on then. 2 years! How insulting to our intelligence.

February 8, 2007, 7:49 am CST

02/08 Flasher Exposed

Honestly, I think Thomas is just glorifying himself.  He seems to be so proud of what he's done, yet tries to cover it up with "I regret this".  That poor girl Tasha should get as far away as she can.  Thomas's attitude and behavior kind of underscores that he could be dangerous and will probably do this again.  This kind of behavior IS NOT OKAY.  I think he came on the show to get attention to flatter his already huge ego.  What if the next step is attacking a woman or molesting a child?  Guys like this are not safe to be around

February 8, 2007, 7:52 am CST

control

It seems to me that this guy is all about control...flashing is a form of control and he is trying to control the flow of the show AND this poor 18 year old girl.  He is not better....

February 8, 2007, 7:56 am CST

Girlfriend...RUN!!!

This dude is psycho!  Girlfriend you better run and not look back! Men do not change that's a fact!

February 8, 2007, 8:00 am CST

The Math Doesn't Add Up!

This character is for starters a chronic liar who is undoubtedly horrible at math!  By his own account he’s been exposing himself for “30 years.”  Well if he started at 19 and he’s 46 years old now, then that comes out to 27.  His 50,000 acts I assume were all towards women, so eliminate the approximate 15 years he’s spent in prison and that’s 12 years of activity, which breaks down to a daily average of 11.4 acts.   And according to him, he has sexual contact almost half the time, like get real…you’d sure run out of new strangers depending upon the size of the city you live in time, unless he had a lot of repeat business.  Plus the idea that half the women are all single without a boyfriend or spouse or they are all that promiscuous is completely absurd.  Does he ride the bus all day?  Only going to jail ten times gives him the unrealistic odds of 1 in 5,000 that he will go to jail.  None of this makes sense, so it’s obvious he has a strong need to call attention to himself, which is why he distorted the numbers so he could make an appearance on the show. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last