Message Boards

Topic : 02/08 Flasher Exposed

Number of Replies: 1328
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 02, 2007, 03:13:52 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Thomas has kept a dark and disturbing secret for 25 years. An overpowering obsession has nearly destroyed his life. His compulsion led to him being convicted of felonies and serving a total of 15 years behind bars. Thomas is an exhibitionist who says he has exposed himself to over 50,000 women. His guilt and shame caused him to sever ties with his friends and family, and he is finally ready to reveal his truth. Something agitates Thomas as he shares his story. Find out what. Then, join Dr. Phil and Thomas in the green room as Thomas reveals his past to the woman he says he wants to marry. How does she react to hearing the news? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

More February 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 8, 2007, 8:00 am CST

This dude's slick

No,that's not a typo in the title line,I think he's slick.Dr Phil hit the nail on the head,he was using a lot of therapy speak to probably convince people he's over his problem,but I'm not convinced.I think,if anything,he probably learned the therapy speak from other offenders in jail rather than any actual therapy.Further,he probably refined his technique too,to target those who would be less likely to report him,like an 18 year old girl.Another poster used the term sociopath to define this guy,good call.

February 8, 2007, 8:02 am CST

BE VERY CONCERNED!!

I ONCE WORKED WITH A MAN WHO HAD A VERY SIMILAR DISPOSITION.  WELL DRESSED, ARTICULATE, POLITE, HELPFUL.  HE WORKED AS A TRANSPORT AIDE AT THE SAME HOSPITAL WHERE I WORK AS A SURGICAL NURSE.  APPROXIMATELY  SEVEN YEARS AGO THERE WAS A SERIAL FLASHER TORMENTING OUR COMMUNITY.  THE FLASHER THEN MOVED BEYOND THAT COMPULSION AND BEGAN ENTERING HOMES AND GUESS WHO IS NOW SITTING IN STATE PRISON FOR 30+ YEARS FOR SERIAL RAPE.  I DO NOT FEEL THAT "THOMAS" ON TODAY'S SHOW IS ANY DIFFERENT FROM THE MAN THAT ATE LUNCH WITH MYSELF AND MY CO-WORKERS FOR YEARS.  TASHA, PLEASE HEED THE WARNING SIGNS AND PROTECT YOURSELF NOW BEFORE YOU ENGAGE IN A MUCH DEEPER COMMITTMENT WITH SOMEONE SO VERY DISTURBED.  LOOKS CAN BE DECEIVING.  IT SEEMS THAT THOMAS IS TRYING TOO HARD TO CONVINCE EVERYONE THAT HE HAS CHANGED.  I FEEL THAT HE IS SECRETLY TRYING TO CONVINCE HIMSELF OF THAT TOO.  TASHA, DO NOT PUT YOURSELF IN DANGER OR ANY FUTURE CHILDREN THAT YOU MAY HAVE IN DANGER.  READ BETWEEN THE LINES AND GET RID OF THAT SICKO. GOD BLESS.  

February 8, 2007, 8:03 am CST

plain to see

Pretty obvious this freak of nature is coming on the show to feed his exhibitionist ways.

Of course I havent seen the whole show yet, but he shows no remorse in what I have seen.

Has he had treatment at all? Its evident coming on the show just feeds his sick need for inappropriate attention.

His girlfriend needs to run like hell the other way, this guy has serious problems. Flashing is probably just the tip of the iceberg of what lies underneath that darkened soul.

February 8, 2007, 8:03 am CST

Ignorant and Arrogant

Dr. Phil, I am really pleased that you see through the ignorance and arrogance of this individual. He is not done showing himself to women. I am even worried about the children that are around him. He has convinced himself that he is completely recovered. He is looking to put blame on some past event(s).  I do not believe that for a minute, not with all of the arrogance and ignorance that he is displaying. He may want to help someone (I will give him that), but he cannot help anyone by saying the he is cured completely recovered. He will NEVER be completely recovered – a child molester, a drug, food, and alcohol addict has to fight with their urges on a daily basis. However, this individual is a few steps shy of rape and molestation. I my opinion, he is on your show looking for attention, not for help. If he was looking for help, he would have been more receptive to you. However, he portrayed himself as ignorant and arrogant. He made more excuses for his behavior and with no remorse. He is not done exposing himself. He also used the title of Exhibitionist as though her were a CEO of a major corporation, what the hell is up with THAT!

Again, he is NOT finished with his very disturbed and disgusting behavior. I women actually like what he did (so HE says), it is because the caliber of women that he was flashing. There are a lot of women that do not think they can do any better and with a low self-esteem the way it is. It is definitely NOT because they found it attractive or sexy, that is complete and obvious crap.

Well I am closing this out. Not because I do not have more to say, it is because I disturbs me greatly that he is blind behavior and that his girlfriend is going to stay with him. I hope she leaves, because this is going to bring her nothing but pain. I was married to a man with this type of arrogance and ignorance; I divorced him because he was extremely abusive (physically, mentally and emotionally). I was going to either die staying with him or die trying to get away from him. I would rather die getting away from him, with some small glimmer of hope at a real life. I now have that.

To his girlfriend:

RUN! Please do not walk or look back. Get out of this relationship while you still can. Especially if you have a child(ren). This not healthy and you really do owe it to yourself and to your family to get him out of your life for good. You are young and very beautiful. Please leave him. I have been in a really unhealthy relationship and it beats you down and ages you in a short time. Please leave him.

February 8, 2007, 8:04 am CST

02/08 Flasher Exposed

What an arrogant ***  He seemed almost proud of allthe statistics he gave. Isn't the girlfriend afraid of the transmitteddiseases he may have gotten and is he even concerned of the traumainflicted on any of his victims. I can't believe that many women merelysaid thank you and went about their day. I can see why he picked ayoung and vulnerable 18 year old. He seemed to believe every word outof his mouth no matter how demented his beliefs are . The girlfriendshould run in the opposite direction as fast as she can. You shouldhave a follow up after this information is told to the parents of thegirlfriend.

February 8, 2007, 8:05 am CST

Interesting

Due to the fact that I do much of my work from home, I watch little daytime television, but today I ran the channels and happened upon the exhibitionist on the Dr. Phil show.  As an educated survivor of incest and torture, I listened to the gentleman as he talked and found that the one thing that struck me most was his arrogance.

There is no doubt that "something" triggers that type of behavior, but speaking from the long-left depths of victimization, victim behavior and then wellness, this gentleman has all the earmarks of someone who is far from understanding and control.

February 8, 2007, 8:05 am CST

02/08 Flasher Exposed

Quote From: oneofmany

This dude is psycho!  Girlfriend you better run and not look back! Men do not change that's a fact!
hell yeah run hard and fast and dont stop till you have left him far behind you, if you dont you will come home one day to find him on the curb with his trenchcoat open telling every one [ look see my pee-pee]  hahahahhaha .

February 8, 2007, 8:06 am CST

Run Tasha Run

Thomas appears to be excessively controlling, argumentative and in denial, doesn't he?  Are Narcissim, pedophilia (Tasha's only 18, he's 46)  a couple more issues for Thomas?  Will he act out again?  I believe he will as he apparently  feels no remorse for his bad behaviors.  Dr. Phil recommended professional help for both Thomas and Tasha for their "high risk relationship".  Hope they will take his advice and hope Tasha's parents will participate in the therapy and help Tasha kick him to the curb. Is there a cure or effective treatment for sexual predators?

This guy reminds me of something my grandmomma used to say, "Honey, all crazy people ain't locked up in a hospital, be careful." 

February 8, 2007, 8:08 am CST

02/08 Flasher Exposed

Quote From: navlady

What in the world is wrong with this guy???? So, he has a bigger diagnosis going on here. He has to be the cockiest jackbutt I have heard speak in a long time. Dr. Phil is definitely a bigger man than I would be. I would have lit him up. He desevers someone to slap him upside his head and then make him stand in the corner. This jerk will not change. I hope she leaves his butt at the alter.

I totally agree with you. Him coming on the show seemed to be more of his problem, he just wanted to expose himself in a bigger way. I didn't see that he was some one that had a true attitude of recovery but arrogant. Trying to one up Dr. Phil the way he did made him very transparent I thought. Dr. Phil is definitely a class act. We'll probably see this guy on the news soon.

February 8, 2007, 8:09 am CST

concerned

this guy is a total basketcase and that girl definitely needs to run the other way. He sounds like he'd rather stare at his own reflection all day than really be concerned about an 18 year-old. Any mature person knows that with his addiction he's not a good candidate for a woman nevermind an 18 year old! But he can't think about that b/c he's too busy hearing himself talk. Props to Dr. Phil though for not strangling this guy.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last