Message Boards

Topic : Maximizing Weight Loss Through the Tough Times

Number of Replies: 10347
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:22:34 pm
Author : dataimport
This message board was started in hopes that it would be a "soft place to land" in times when an ear and a compassionate heart is needed, or in times when you just need to vent your frustrations, loneliness, insecurities, sadness, discouragement and any other emotion that hinders your WLC journey. Here you will find NO judging, unconditional love and acceptance, a support in times when you feel you can't share with others. Join us and let's make this a "Safe place for all".

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 13, 2008, 7:59 am CDT

Andiepie

Quote From: andiepie15

There's a rumor going around that there's going to be some changes made on this Dr. Phil web site.  I don't know why they'd change things again after there was so much trouble the last time.  So I want on my "tough times"  friends to have my real email address.  Please make a note of it in your email address book.

andiepie17's real name is Andrea.

email address is:

andiepie17@aol.com

Please mention Dr. Phil or Tough Times in the title of your email message to me.

:) Andiepie17

Yes, there are new changes coming again and I know it makes it so hard for a lot of us, but we will manage once again...lol... That's a great idea to have your addy out and get others so we don't lose anyone in the transition like last time.

Hope you are doing well....Hugs Karen

October 13, 2008, 8:03 am CDT

Andiepie

Quote From: andiepie15

There's a rumor going around that there's going to be some changes made on this Dr. Phil web site.  I don't know why they'd change things again after there was so much trouble the last time.  So I want on my "tough times"  friends to have my real email address.  Please make a note of it in your email address book.

andiepie17's real name is Andrea.

email address is:

andiepie17@aol.com

Please mention Dr. Phil or Tough Times in the title of your email message to me.

:) Andiepie17

There are changes happening already.....this board is being replaced by the NEW BETA board. Read the mesage in RED at the top of this screen and it will tell you where to go and what to do. A few of us, after much stumbling around have already found our way in. This board will still be here for a while but will eventually be archived. I think once we get in and figure the new Beta board out that we will probably like it, but will probably be frustrated by it for a while. At present our posts are not posted right away as they are all read and approved by the Dr. Phil staff first. Hopefully this will change in the future. Please make an attempt at getting in there. I beleive I saw your Phil to the 7th already set up there and just waiting for you gals to go in.

Hugs, Mairon

October 13, 2008, 8:07 am CDT

Queen B

Quote From: pg__smiley

Great I have it now...thanks,Hugs Karen

Hi Sharon,

I noticed on the other board that you have tried to appprove me as your friend and it asked for my approval too....which I think I gave. But you still are not showing in My Friends. Not sure if between the two of us we managed to mess it up or not. Will keep a eye on it and see if they still connect us or not. If not I will go to their Q & A site.

Thinking of you and hoping you are having a good day.

hugs, marion

October 13, 2008, 8:09 am CDT

Hi my dear friends...

Hope you all are doing well and enjoying the long weekend....well here in Canada it is Thanksgiving today and in the States I believe it is Columbus day....so have a Happy one ....to our gal over the pond and our Aussie friends have a great day too...

I want to share my morning weigh in with you all...as I gained some real insight as I stepped on that scale.  This past week I have been sick with a cold /allergies and seeking some comfort in soups etc. A couple of neighbours brought over some meals for me too and so on.  As I was about to step on the scale I was quick to recall all the things I ate that would surely show up on the scale as a gain .  I had a couple of days where I ate more than a portion of things lol...Well I stepped on the scale and looked down prepared for a gain and I was shocked to see I was down 1 pound. Now to you all one pound isn't a big loss , but you see, two days ago I was UP FIVE pounds so I lost that plus one pound more....lol

What I realized is how easy it is to think of all the ways I failed in my eating plan, not looking at the fact that only 2 days last week I never followed the portions etc. Also, that I never binged at all last week...and this in turn showed this morning on the scale. I can be very quick to judge myself as I think many of us can do, so my insight is to look at the Positive steps and changes I AM DOING and work on adding more....not focusing on the negative...

Thanks for letting me share and be real for a change....Hugs and love , Karen

October 14, 2008, 8:50 am CDT

Hi Ladies ,

Karen especially , as you always seem to be able to work out these new glitches etc (lol) I have sort of navigated my way around the new Beta board ! just finding it hard to invite friends etc ,I don't seem  able to  find how to post anything ,any ideas ,? Lot's of Love to all ,off to start dinner so will hopefully get to chat later Love Susie xxxxxx

October 14, 2008, 8:54 am CDT

Oh & I forgot !

" HAPPY BELATED CANADA DAY FOR MY GORGEOUS CANADIAN WICKED WOMEN ," I hope you all had a great day xxxxxx

October 14, 2008, 8:58 am CDT

oops again (sorry )

Just rechecked Karen's post & guess it should have been "Happy Thanksgiving " ANOTHER blonde moment I am afraid ,Love Susie xxxxxx

October 14, 2008, 4:30 pm CDT

HELP!!!

October 14, 2008, 4:33 pm CDT

Can someone help me

How do I sign in to the new board.  I can not seem to find any of the beta boards.  What am I doing wrong.  I know that these will be going away but where are the beta boards and how do we find the boards we had before or is there just one help board  and no boards like we had before???     I am very confused

October 14, 2008, 6:44 pm CDT

Susie and Alice

Quote From: stardelli

Karen especially , as you always seem to be able to work out these new glitches etc (lol) I have sort of navigated my way around the new Beta board ! just finding it hard to invite friends etc ,I don't seem  able to  find how to post anything ,any ideas ,? Lot's of Love to all ,off to start dinner so will hopefully get to chat later Love Susie xxxxxx

I ask lots of questions and luckily have sweet Marion and Shirley to help me figure it out too...lol

Go to your Beta profile, over on the left is a little white house thing , click on it and add the username of who you want to Invite as a friend in the search area and continue doing this until you add them all . Then I think once you INVITE , they will either Accept or Deny and that is when they are added to your friend list....Hope this helps... love to you and family gf...xxx

Alice the Beta boards are completely different from this board and others....At the top of this page wayyyy up top you will see in RED about the BETA board...click on it and it takes you to do your Profile etc....

Hope this helps some...we are all trying to figure this out too...Hope you had a great weekend with your gd's and family....Hugs and love, Karen

First | Prev | 1025 | 1026 | 1027 | 1028 | 1029 | 1030 | 1031 | 1032 | 1033 | 1034 | Next | Last