Message Boards

Topic : Maximizing Weight Loss Through the Tough Times

Number of Replies: 10347
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:22:34 pm
Author : dataimport
This message board was started in hopes that it would be a "soft place to land" in times when an ear and a compassionate heart is needed, or in times when you just need to vent your frustrations, loneliness, insecurities, sadness, discouragement and any other emotion that hinders your WLC journey. Here you will find NO judging, unconditional love and acceptance, a support in times when you feel you can't share with others. Join us and let's make this a "Safe place for all".

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 14, 2008, 7:30 pm CDT

/Bauble makes it to California/

Thank you, Beverley!  I got the bauble today with all kinds of souveniers from Australia!  Beverley has set a high standard for me with all the postcards, stickers, key chain, and most of all the colorful 2009 diary with many gorgeous pictures of things Australian!  Beverley wrote she thought Suzie would be the next it should be sent to..  So, Suzie, I'll need your snail mail address.  Please email me at:  andiepie17@aol.com 

Suzie, I'm enjoying seeing the bauble right on my nightstand next to my nightlight.  I tried to hang it in my window, but I couldn't see it's beauty as well from there.  It was a real pleasure to read the messages that accompany the bauble, and I think those messages are even more precious because I know each one comes from true friends I've met right here!

:) Andiepie17

October 15, 2008, 6:51 am CDT

Now the Bauble returns HOME.....lol

Quote From: andiepie15

Thank you, Beverley!  I got the bauble today with all kinds of souveniers from Australia!  Beverley has set a high standard for me with all the postcards, stickers, key chain, and most of all the colorful 2009 diary with many gorgeous pictures of things Australian!  Beverley wrote she thought Suzie would be the next it should be sent to..  So, Suzie, I'll need your snail mail address.  Please email me at:  andiepie17@aol.com 

Suzie, I'm enjoying seeing the bauble right on my nightstand next to my nightlight.  I tried to hang it in my window, but I couldn't see it's beauty as well from there.  It was a real pleasure to read the messages that accompany the bauble, and I think those messages are even more precious because I know each one comes from true friends I've met right here!

I think we all felt the love and friendship as this Bauble travelled from one to another....and now it goes back to it's beginning and Susie as you hold it in your hands you will know we have all held it too....I too enjoyed reading it's travels and thoughts each person wrote....

Thanks again Susie for this wonderful idea...

Andiepie, Susie's intention is that the Bauble hold something inexpensive , something that you may have already or picked up at a garage sale or some small thing ...the whole idea is simply that we are united by this gesture...Hugs Karen

October 15, 2008, 9:49 am CDT

Hello Every buddy

have just popped in to say "HI" had no idea that all this was going on....will try to access the new boards, but no promises as this one has been very difficult to get to .... will ready more later - pressed for time (at the office) just wanted to say..............miss y'all - love ya, lottsa prayers, Donna

October 15, 2008, 9:57 am CDT

Hi Ladies ,

Saying Hi from a wet & autumnal day here in good old Blighty ! I am feeling really sad today ,as my beautiful Pussy Cat ,Charlie was hit by a car or whatever & died  early this morning ,  My neighbour found him ,& poor John had to tell me ,I still have his brother Enzo & he was six years old ,It has broken my heart as he was not just a beautiful cat ,but a wonderful character,I am so pleased though that the Bauble has reached California  & as much as everyone has been so generous with the mementos that have been sent around the world to & from each other in this circle of friends ,Karen is absolutely right ,I found the Little bauble (new & still in it's original little box ) at a car boot sale  & payed 50p for it !(I think that is probably less than $1 American dollar ,) I decided what I would do with it ,as I had been trying to think of something to link us all  together  ,we four original Musketeers had our brooches that Marion had given to   us  & I just wanted to do my bit from this side of the pond ,& the idea was to find something inexpensive to fit inside the bauble to send from one friend to another ,so wonderful as it is to receive such lovely bits & bobs from all the different places in this Wonderful World   we live in ,it is just a gesture of Love & friendship & the bigger  the bargain ,( & not neccesarily size) the better ,Has everyone received it ,? before it wings it way back to me ,just checking , & then as the Italians say "Encore " it will be onto round two ,Well I hope you are all fit & well ,Love as always Susie xxxxxx 

October 15, 2008, 4:23 pm CDT

eeyorecarol is back

I have just come from the new board, and want to let you all know that eeyore carol is back and has posted a message on the board.  So far, we only have 15 messages over there, but it really is quite easy to get to that board, so you all should give it a try. The messages are also posting right away as soon as you submit them now too.....so it is getting better.

Susie......CAN YOU SEE ME WAVING......I love this group.

Good to see that the bauble has made it's way home again too.....it is more travelled than most of us, excluding Reen who we know has travelled a lot.

Hugs, to all.....Marion

October 16, 2008, 10:02 am CDT

Need your input gals

At some point soon this board will be gone, many are already posting on the new Beta one. So we need to decide soon when we will stop posting on this board and only the new one. Do we wait till this one is archived? Or start say Nov 1st? I know some  have expressed they don't want to post to both.

What are your thoughts gf's.  Hugs Karen

October 16, 2008, 10:06 am CDT

((((((((((Susie)))))))))

So sorry to hear you lost Charlie . Our pets are part of the family, sorry for your loss .

It is a dreary wet chilly day here too gf, Autumn is here.... thinking of you and sending my love as always, Hugs too, Karen xxx

October 16, 2008, 3:58 pm CDT

karen

Quote From: pg__smiley

At some point soon this board will be gone, many are already posting on the new Beta one. So we need to decide soon when we will stop posting on this board and only the new one. Do we wait till this one is archived? Or start say Nov 1st? I know some  have expressed they don't want to post to both.

What are your thoughts gf's.  Hugs Karen

Nov. 1st is fine with me. I would rather post only on one board too, but some have not signed in on the new board yet. So, until they do I guess we should keep posting here and try and contact them maybe and get them up and running on the new board too. Once everyone is over there, we might as well just post there. Right now I am posting on both as Carol has returned and is on the new board and I want to keep her there and I am afraid she may give up and leave us again if no one is there to post to her.

So, come on everybody and start encouraging the rest of the group to move over to the new board. Not sure who all hasn't moved yet......Esmay, Andiepie, Raven for sure. Can you think of any others....my old thinker doesn't always work to well.

Hugs, Marion

October 16, 2008, 9:45 pm CDT

/New board/

Friends--I wish I had my son near by to help me with these changes.  Until I can get some help with making the switch, I'm thinking I'll just have to stick with what I know how to do--which is to post to this board.  Hope they'll let us keep this board going a little while longer.

October 16, 2008, 9:51 pm CDT

/Susie/

Quote From: stardelli

Saying Hi from a wet & autumnal day here in good old Blighty ! I am feeling really sad today ,as my beautiful Pussy Cat ,Charlie was hit by a car or whatever & died  early this morning ,  My neighbour found him ,& poor John had to tell me ,I still have his brother Enzo & he was six years old ,It has broken my heart as he was not just a beautiful cat ,but a wonderful character,I am so pleased though that the Bauble has reached California  & as much as everyone has been so generous with the mementos that have been sent around the world to & from each other in this circle of friends ,Karen is absolutely right ,I found the Little bauble (new & still in it's original little box ) at a car boot sale  & payed 50p for it !(I think that is probably less than $1 American dollar ,) I decided what I would do with it ,as I had been trying to think of something to link us all  together  ,we four original Musketeers had our brooches that Marion had given to   us  & I just wanted to do my bit from this side of the pond ,& the idea was to find something inexpensive to fit inside the bauble to send from one friend to another ,so wonderful as it is to receive such lovely bits & bobs from all the different places in this Wonderful World   we live in ,it is just a gesture of Love & friendship & the bigger  the bargain ,( & not neccesarily size) the better ,Has everyone received it ,? before it wings it way back to me ,just checking , & then as the Italians say "Encore " it will be onto round two ,Well I hope you are all fit & well ,Love as always Susie xxxxxx 

So sorry to hear about your "Charlie".

I love the bauble!

First | Prev | 1026 | 1027 | 1028 | 1029 | 1030 | 1031 | 1032 | 1033 | 1034 | Next | Last