Message Boards

Topic : Maximizing Weight Loss Through the Tough Times

Number of Replies: 10347
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:22:34 pm
Author : dataimport
This message board was started in hopes that it would be a "soft place to land" in times when an ear and a compassionate heart is needed, or in times when you just need to vent your frustrations, loneliness, insecurities, sadness, discouragement and any other emotion that hinders your WLC journey. Here you will find NO judging, unconditional love and acceptance, a support in times when you feel you can't share with others. Join us and let's make this a "Safe place for all".

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 21, 2008, 1:49 pm CDT

/Teresa/

Quote From: toofattool

well i am not sure if i like the new board format at all.  i surely dont know why they have to keep changing things around and when they do they lose more posters.  i am signing off for now.  the new desk is about to be built so the computer needs to be shut down.

hopefully be back online tonight.................at my NEW DESK

YAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOO

hugs

teresa

I'm sure glad you posted because I didn't know if you knew they were changing the boards again.  You have my email address, and I'd sure like to have yours, too, just in case we have trouble posting on the new board.

:) Andiepie17

October 22, 2008, 5:57 pm CDT

/Happy Healthy Birthday--third year/

Happy Healthy Birthday!

This is the happy healthy birthday card I wrote to myself to celebrate reaching my goal weight on October 22, 2005. I’m taking Dr. Phil’s on becoming your own best friend seriously.

For October 22, 2005–Hi, Andrea! (Andiepie’s real name) Happy 2nd birthday (meaning a second birthday date)! Happy healthy birthday! This card celebrates your birth as a healthy person! Your blood pressure is down! Your Cholesterol is down! Your blood sugar is down! You feel better all over!

It hasn’t been easy for you, I know. It’s taken much longer than you thought it would. Slow is not a BAD thing because taking it off slowly means you’re much more likely to KEEP it off. You’ve tried the fast ways. DIDN’T work, did it!

There were times when you came home SO TIRED from work that you didn’t think you had any energy left for exercise. You did your One Minute Challenge minutes anyway! You found that when you started an aerobics video for just ten minutes, you usually finished it.

You know you eat much healthier than you did. You read labels now. If you shouldn’t eat it, you pretty much don’t take it home.

You’ve reached your goal now. How are you going to keep it off? You’ll keep doing the things that helped you lose the weight: daily exercise and eating healthy. This has become a life style for you now.

There’s NO REASON to let yourself get heavy again. Keep weighing once a week. Use the souped -up routines that helped you get to your goal if your weight should start to creep up. (Richard Simmons and Dr. Phil both recommend a five pound leeway.) Keep moving!

I’m proud of you! Love from Andrea (Your new best friend)

October 22, 2008, 8:44 pm CDT

Happy 3rd Birthday Healthy Andrea....

Quote From: andiepie15

Happy Healthy Birthday!

This is the happy healthy birthday card I wrote to myself to celebrate reaching my goal weight on October 22, 2005. Im taking Dr. Phils on becoming your own best friend seriously.

For October 22, 2005Hi, Andrea! (Andiepies real name) Happy 2nd birthday (meaning a second birthday date)! Happy healthy birthday! This card celebrates your birth as a healthy person! Your blood pressure is down! Your Cholesterol is down! Your blood sugar is down! You feel better all over!

It hasnt been easy for you, I know. Its taken much longer than you thought it would. Slow is not a BAD thing because taking it off slowly means youre much more likely to KEEP it off. Youve tried the fast ways. DIDNT work, did it!

There were times when you came home SO TIRED from work that you didnt think you had any energy left for exercise. You did your One Minute Challenge minutes anyway! You found that when you started an aerobics video for just ten minutes, you usually finished it.

You know you eat much healthier than you did. You read labels now. If you shouldnt eat it, you pretty much dont take it home.

Youve reached your goal now. How are you going to keep it off? Youll keep doing the things that helped you lose the weight: daily exercise and eating healthy. This has become a life style for you now.

Theres NO REASON to let yourself get heavy again. Keep weighing once a week. Use the souped -up routines that helped you get to your goal if your weight should start to creep up. (Richard Simmons and Dr. Phil both recommend a five pound leeway.) Keep moving!

Im proud of you! Love from Andrea (Your new best friend)

Your letter to yourself was so inspiring and moving it brought tears of Joy to my eyes for you and hope for me. I too am very proud of you gf, You did it and are a great example for us all , Happy Celebration.....Hugs Karen

October 25, 2008, 10:09 am CDT

GREAT BIG LOVING HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSIE

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF MY FAVOURITE LADIES. .

MAY ALL GOOD THINGS HAPPEN FOR YOU NOW AND FOREVER. .

Thinking of you awishing you all the best. . hugs Don and Reen

October 25, 2008, 11:31 am CDT

Birthday wishes to our gal Susie.....

Sweet friend , I know today is a day that is bittersweet to you, you welcome the new year with your birthday and say your farewell to your dear mom today as well......You are in my heart and thoughts cutie....Love to you and the family and do celebrate your birthday and your mom's life today too...hugs Karen

October 25, 2008, 1:32 pm CDT

Happy Birthday Susie

All us gals may be across the pond, but you are in our hearts today as we wish you a Happy Birthday.  I am hoping that today does not turn out to be too stressful for you and that you will have many happy memories with your family today too. Hugs and best wishes.....Love Marion and JIm.

October 27, 2008, 8:01 am CDT

SHARON in AUSTRALIA

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SHARON

HAPPY BIRTHDY TO YOU

HAVE A GREAT DAY AND YEAR.

Hugs,

Shirley

October 27, 2008, 8:35 am CDT

Hi Ladies,

First of all ,I hope you are all fit & well ,& Many many thanks for all of the Birthday ecards ,emails & everything ,Lovely to know you all remembered ,It meant a lot ,Well the weekend did not go quite as planned ,but I think it was all the better for it ,My Uncle fell & broke his ankle ,so was not able to get to the scattering of the ashes ,My cousin has Lupus & with all of the stress was really not well ,with all good intentions our small family get together seemed to get out of control & upward of 40 people + had decided that they too wanted to say goodbye to Mum ,& Auntie Rosemary ,it all got too much for both Ros (my cousin) & myself ,so we decided to arrange another day in the spring maybe ,maybe before Christmas ,we don't know ,she is finding letting her Mum go far harder than she thought possible ,anyway ,we both felt a sense of relief that we do not have to rush things & will decide together what we want to do & when ,my sister does not mind as she feels that Mum is no longer here & the ashes are just a token ,well we all see & feel things differently ,so for now my Mum sits on the sideboard ,looking resplendent in her pink & silver finery ,guess it will be different wrapping paper & Christmas twinkly lights for Christmas for her ,as my friend Lesli said ,She always loved Christmas ,& thinks she wanted to stay around this year ,we shall be pleased to have her ( with a discreet label on the sparkly package that is my Mum saying "Please do NOT open "  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(lol)..well you have to smile or it could break your heart ,! Anyway John & the girls gave me a weekend to remember ,far from feeling sad at not having my Mum ,here with me for the first time in my life ,John arranged for a very special friend to come down from the north ,,they took me to a restaurant bought me a bottle of Champagne,& Amy popped out saying that she had to collect a present !!!!!!!!!!!!,& after collecting Chrissy (my friend) from Reading station ,bought her back to me ,I had absolutely no idea & we both  cried like babies when  we saw  each  other   , we just hugged kissed  & held  one another  all weekend  we both needed to see one another , she has had a pretty hard couple of years too & it has been almost two years since we had seen one another ,So it was an amazing time ,we all went out for dinner in the evening ,John ,myself ,Chrissy ,Luisa & Gary ,Amy & Adam ,& my sister & niece ,& for lunch yesterday before Chrissy had to return home the girls cooked Paella ,,& tonight the girls friends are all coming with food & Wine etc ,& it's round two ,(lol) & I even fitted the hygienist in this morning & another appointment in the morning tomorrow ,! Quite A manic few day's days huh ! well have to get a wriggle on & go & get ready  for party part due !, Love to you all ,Chat again soon Susie xxxxxxxx

October 27, 2008, 1:21 pm CDT

Happy Birthday to our Aussie Sharon....

Not sure if you check the boards anymore or not but wishing you a wonderful and joyous Birthday gf.....miss you and think of you often....Hugs Karen

October 27, 2008, 1:24 pm CDT

Susie

So glad you are having a wonderful Birthday....how special to share it with Chrissy too...your family are so thoughtful....Have fun at round 2 !!! lol....

All in the right timing your mom and aunt's ashes will be spread....for now it is your time to celebrate....

Hugs and love, Karen xxxxx

First | Prev | 1028 | 1029 | 1030 | 1031 | 1032 | 1033 | 1034 | Next | Last