Message Boards

Topic : Maximizing Weight Loss Through the Tough Times

Number of Replies: 10347
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:22:34 pm
Author : dataimport
This message board was started in hopes that it would be a "soft place to land" in times when an ear and a compassionate heart is needed, or in times when you just need to vent your frustrations, loneliness, insecurities, sadness, discouragement and any other emotion that hinders your WLC journey. Here you will find NO judging, unconditional love and acceptance, a support in times when you feel you can't share with others. Join us and let's make this a "Safe place for all".

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 25, 2005, 1:23 am CDT

MARION

Here it is, after midnight and I am just now getting on to read all the postings from today. Had a busy day. Slept in until 10am, then did a bit of housework and went to see my mother for a bit. Did a bit of shopping at Costco and then went out to a bar-b-que at friends place. Just now got home. Tomorrow, I am taking a day of my holidays and we are having a family bar-b-que as we have a cousin from Winnipeg visiting.

DIANA: Happy Birthday to you yesterday. Hope you had a good day.

VICKIE: Happy Birthday to you today. Have a good day with that hubby of yours.

KAREN: Happy Birthday to you tomorrow - in case I forget by tomorrow-tee hee. My memory fails me quite often now adays. I loved your posting about all the things that you can now do that you could not do before, and all the changes to your body.

MALEESE: Is that how you spell it....can't get back to the message board to check without losing this posting. I am impressed with how much you have lost in less than a month. How did you do it? You must have been able to just stand on the scales and watch the needle go down.....LOL. I started out at 310 and got down to 254 and then I started climbing again when I started working evening shift and went back up to 270. I think I have lost about 4 lbs of that (maybe not after tonight's bar-b- que). I think I am ready to give this the good old college try again. I would appreciate any tips you can give me on how you lost yours. I would be quite happy even to lose 15 lbs in a month. One thing I do know is that I have to get out and do some walking again. I have been idle tooooooo long.

SHARON: Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. I am so glad that you were able to go back to be with your mom and dad at this time. Hang in there sweetie.

OTHER SHARON: As I mentioned above, my memory fails me at times. I feel like I should know who you are, but I cannot recall. Possibly you joined us while I was working that evening shift. I know a few did, but I just did not have the time to keep up with it all, so there could be a few others here that I do not remember too. Please tell me a bit about yourself so that I will be able to get to know you. All the best in your WLC journey.

Love yaall.

(((((((HUGS)))))))

Marion/BC

HELLO MARION YES YOU KNOW ME I LIVE IN TASMANIA,AUSTRALIA I'VE BEEN ON THE BOARD FOR A WHILE NOW,I'M THE ONE WHO KEEPS HITTING KANGAROOS WITH MY CAR,I LIVE IN A LITTLE TOWN CALLED ELLENDALE,I'M 42 I WEIGH 139.7LBS I HAVE TWO CHILDREN A SON CHRISTHOPER AND A DAUGHTER MELISSA(SHE WAS KILLED IN A CAR ACCIDENT 3 YEARS AGO) I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL GRANDSON (KYEDEN)HE'S 2 YEARS OLD THE LIGHT OF MY LIFE,I'M SURE YOU REMEMBER ME NOW--LOL,ANYWAY  I NEED TO DO LOTS OF WALKING AS WELL SO YOUR NOT ON YOUR OWN THERE ,HOPE YOU HAVE A LOVELY DAY TOMORROW AT YOUR FAMILY B-B-Q YOU BETTER GET SOME SHUT EYE YOU'VE HAD A BUSY DAY CATCH YOU LATER LUV AND HUGS SHARON 

July 25, 2005, 1:28 am CDT

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR KAREN

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,HIP HIP HOORAY****HOPE YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY TODAY AND YOU MAKE SURE YOU DO SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL BIG HUGS FROM ME TO YOU LUV SHARON

July 25, 2005, 4:40 am CDT

KAREN, YOU MAKE THE WORLD A BRIGHTER PLACE.

I'M STARTING TO CELEBRATE YOUR TUESDAY, JULY 26TH BIRTHDAY TODAY.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET KAREN, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.

MAY YOU HAVE SUNSHINE AND A LOVELY SUMMER DAY TOMORROW. / LOVE AND HUGS, SHIRLEY

July 25, 2005, 5:06 am CDT

dr.phil mediator

can anybody tell me why our logos keep appearing then disappearing it's very frustrating because i don't know whether i have to do it again or not*****help please lol sharon

July 25, 2005, 6:20 am CDT

sharon

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VICKI FOR TOMORROW WHAT A LOVELY THING FOR YOUR HUSBAND TO DO I HOPE YOU BOTH DO SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL,I'M BEING A GOOD GIRL I'M TRYING TO TYPE WHILE EATING AN APPLE CATCH YOU LATER BIG HUG SHARON

Thank you Hun! typing and eating an apple at the same time--thats tricky

hugs

Vickie

July 25, 2005, 6:24 am CDT

Marion/BC

Here it is, after midnight and I am just now getting on to read all the postings from today. Had a busy day. Slept in until 10am, then did a bit of housework and went to see my mother for a bit. Did a bit of shopping at Costco and then went out to a bar-b-que at friends place. Just now got home. Tomorrow, I am taking a day of my holidays and we are having a family bar-b-que as we have a cousin from Winnipeg visiting.

DIANA: Happy Birthday to you yesterday. Hope you had a good day.

VICKIE: Happy Birthday to you today. Have a good day with that hubby of yours.

KAREN: Happy Birthday to you tomorrow - in case I forget by tomorrow-tee hee. My memory fails me quite often now adays. I loved your posting about all the things that you can now do that you could not do before, and all the changes to your body.

MALEESE: Is that how you spell it....can't get back to the message board to check without losing this posting. I am impressed with how much you have lost in less than a month. How did you do it? You must have been able to just stand on the scales and watch the needle go down.....LOL. I started out at 310 and got down to 254 and then I started climbing again when I started working evening shift and went back up to 270. I think I have lost about 4 lbs of that (maybe not after tonight's bar-b- que). I think I am ready to give this the good old college try again. I would appreciate any tips you can give me on how you lost yours. I would be quite happy even to lose 15 lbs in a month. One thing I do know is that I have to get out and do some walking again. I have been idle tooooooo long.

SHARON: Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. I am so glad that you were able to go back to be with your mom and dad at this time. Hang in there sweetie.

OTHER SHARON: As I mentioned above, my memory fails me at times. I feel like I should know who you are, but I cannot recall. Possibly you joined us while I was working that evening shift. I know a few did, but I just did not have the time to keep up with it all, so there could be a few others here that I do not remember too. Please tell me a bit about yourself so that I will be able to get to know you. All the best in your WLC journey.

Love yaall.

(((((((HUGS)))))))

Marion/BC

Thank you,So nice to see you here again.

catch you later

vickie

July 25, 2005, 6:51 am CDT

everyone

Hello,hope your all having a great day!

DH told me this morning--he didn't expect me to stay away from my friends today,just because he's home with me.He said he knows how important everyone of you are to me and would never ask me to stay away from you.No how sweet is that!

I will have a small piece of cake today--they made a carrot cake from scratch for my birthday with no frosting,and asked me since I am choosing not to eat ice cream now,what would I like instead of that would be healthy,yet enjoyable for me.I just love it! I am a very lucky lady.

I did receive the Dr Phil books I wanted.I am so excited!

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes and thoughts, that's very sweet of you.

I will go for now.

Vickie

July 25, 2005, 8:59 am CDT

Sharon

can anybody tell me why our logos keep appearing then disappearing it's very frustrating because i don't know whether i have to do it again or not*****help please lol sharon
We are still working on the profile image issues, we hope to have this resolved soon and appreciate everyone's patience.

July 25, 2005, 9:38 am CDT

Monday , Monday....

Well another new week....yeap, to make great healthy choices...to do that Intentional Exercise (be it walking, swimming, weights, gym) for me it's walking....Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes...oh to turn 55 gotta love it...smiling...age is never a barrier...not for me..I even get a Seniors discount some places...tee hee..

I don't know if you all are having to keep logging in every time you post or not, but it sure is frustrating me...can't leave for a minute...ha ha ...maybe the website has it's senior moments too...tee hee..can't remember me for more than a few minutes...lol...

Okay Weigh in for me this morning I was up 2 1/2 pounds...that's what you get for eating out of plan, and no IE...I weighed in at 220 1/2  ...Now that that is said and done, I will add that in no time this too will stop...bingeing is not the answer...be gone with it...lol... Funny how when one does so poorly on the food part, how it all goes to h**l in a handbasket...seriously am going to JUST DO IT..Exactly 5 months till Christmas and this body wants a nice new outfit that I look great in...ha ha ... and in a couple of sizes smaller for sure....working towards it now...

Vickie, have a special and wonderful b-day today....smiling..

Sharon, yep when I couldn't get on with my pg smiley, I used choose2win...which is me..but won't be using it anymore...sounds like you live in a beautiful God-smiled on , place...and you fit the same as you are such a beauty too, love your photo...smiling..

Hope everyone has a wonderful day,

Hugs and love,

Karen    320/220.5/150

July 25, 2005, 12:40 pm CDT

HELLO QUEENB

Quote From: queenb2009

well hello to all it has been a tough summer and I so missed the boards they were where I went for help and support. As some of you know my dad has been diagnosed with cancer and now it is just a matter of time.My heart is breaking and though we didn't see eye to eye while I was growing up I love him and it is killing me. He has been my dad for 49 years and it is so hard to see him waste away.Thank you Rose and karen and all who have emailed me,My heart is breaking and I don't know what to do.We just got back from Geogia where bills sister who was 46 died of cancer and I thought that was hard but this is hard also.I just want to go to bed and never wake up. But I won't I have to buck up and be strong for my mom,She finally got him to go to the doctor but then it was to late I drove them to the hospital and stayed with them the next morning the doctor delivered his bad news and sent us home the hospice people are so caring and are trying to get us through this but it is so hard and heart breaking thank you all for caring. I have missed each and every one of you hugs sharon/queenb

THIS IS NANNYBECK! I AM REALLY SORRY TO READ ABOUT YOUR DAD! I LOST MINE TO CANCER 8 YEARS AGO AND IT BROKE MY HEART TOO! HOSPICE IS A GREAT ORGANIZATION. THE PEOPLE WITH THEM ARE SO WONDERFUL. I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS! TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.

(((HUGS))))

BECKY

FROGHOP

FULLY RELY ON GOD HE'S OUR POWER

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last