Message Boards

Topic : Maximizing Weight Loss Through the Tough Times

Number of Replies: 10347
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:22:34 pm
Author : dataimport
This message board was started in hopes that it would be a "soft place to land" in times when an ear and a compassionate heart is needed, or in times when you just need to vent your frustrations, loneliness, insecurities, sadness, discouragement and any other emotion that hinders your WLC journey. Here you will find NO judging, unconditional love and acceptance, a support in times when you feel you can't share with others. Join us and let's make this a "Safe place for all".

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 25, 2005, 1:29 pm CDT

Welcome Becky

Quote From: nannybeck4

THIS IS NANNYBECK! I AM REALLY SORRY TO READ ABOUT YOUR DAD! I LOST MINE TO CANCER 8 YEARS AGO AND IT BROKE MY HEART TOO! HOSPICE IS A GREAT ORGANIZATION. THE PEOPLE WITH THEM ARE SO WONDERFUL. I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS! TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.

(((HUGS))))

BECKY

FROGHOP

FULLY RELY ON GOD HE'S OUR POWER

It is always wonderful seeing new people come to our board...smiling...Welcome...You are so right that Hospice is so awesome, and makes the transition from life to the otherside so peaceful and comforting, rather than fearful and anxious....Angels in disguise for sure....I lost my dad last Sept to Alzheimers and so no hospice was involved.. and we never cease our missing our loved ones do we? We heal as we know they are no longer suffering and are in such a beautiful and sweet place...how could we deny that for them....Oh what a glorious day when we all are re-united...!!!

Hope you come visit lots girlfriend...Hugs and love, Karen

July 25, 2005, 2:31 pm CDT

Hello Everyone

I AM SO GLAD TO SEE THAT THE BOARDS ARE BACK UP.   HAVE MISSED ALL OF YOU.  WELCOME TO ALL THE NEWBIES AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL THAT ARE HAVING BIRTHDAYS.

I'M FINALLY BEGINNING TO LOSE AGAIN.  DOWN 1 1/2LBS THIS MORNING.  HOPE NOW EVERYONE WILL BE ABLE TO GET BACK ON TRACK.

KAREN, GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU WILL BE STARTING A NEW FULL TIME JOB.  HOW IS YOUR DAUGHTER AND HER TEACHING JOB GOING?  HOW ARE THE GRANDDAUGHTERS?

SHIRLEY, MARION, ESMAY, DIANE, SHARON, SHARON, AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT I HAVE NOT MENTIONED HAVE A GREAT DAY AND KEEP DRINKING LOTS OF WATER AND EATING THE RIGHT CHOICES.  TALK TO YOU ALL SOON.

HUGS, MIDGE

July 25, 2005, 2:32 pm CDT

Happy Monday

Happy Monday to everybuddy.  Just popping on for a few minutes before my company arrives.

SHARON: Thank you for the brief bio on you.  How could I forget the lady who runs over kangaroos...tee hee.

KAREN: About the log in.....if you are the only one using your computer, maybe try not signing off the internet.....just minimize the Dr. Phil screen.  I used to do this all the time on the old board when I first started because I had such a hard time finding my way back in again. Worked for me and it was always right where I left off at too. Of course if your internet ties up your phone line, then that would not be a good suggestion. I happen to be on ADSL so it does not affect my phone line.

Gotta run now.  May be able to check back tonight.

Marion/BC

PS: Where has Pooz gotten too?

July 25, 2005, 3:14 pm CDT

Marion/Midge

MARION, I DON'T SIGN OUT (LOG OUT) I DO JUST AS YOU DO, BUT FOR SOME REASON AFTER A FEW MINUTES, BACK TO LOGGING IN AGAIN AND AGAIN...ALSO EVERYTIME I GO TO POST, LOG IN AGAIN...JUST A GLITCH I'M SURE...IT'LL WORK ITSELF OUT EVENTUALLY I'M THINKING...HA HA... GLAD YOU ARE DOING WELL AND ON BOARD TOO...DEAR ROSE CAN'T POST AT ALL...SHE CAN READ JUST NOT POST, I SUGGESTED MAKING SURE SHE IS ALWAYS LOGGED ON TOO...SMILING...HAVE A SUPER EVENING KIDDO...((((MARION))))

MIDGE, HI GREAT TO SEE YOU HEAR  AGAIN TOO...HOW'S IT GOING G/F? THANKS FOR THE B-D WISHES...YEP ANOTHER YEAR DONE...HA HA ...(((((MIDGE)))))

HUGS AND LOVE TO ALL,

KAREN

July 25, 2005, 3:19 pm CDT

ANOTHER SENIOR MOMENT...LOL

MIDGE , I START MY NEW JOB ON AUG 1ST AND AM GETTING A LITTLE ANSY, BUT WILL DO MY BEST AT IT..SMILING..A LITTLE OUT OF MY NORM OTHER THAN THE COOKING PART, JUST COOKING 3 MEALS A DAY FOR 30-60 PEOPLE...LOL...PLUS A WHOLE ARRAY OF OTHER LOVELY THINGS..BAKING  , WHICH I LOVE, TILL, ETC..A GAL'S GOTTA DO WHAT A GAL CAN DO...AND THAT IS TRY...WINKING... BETTI IS DOING WELL TEACHING IN KOREA, IT'S GOING INTO THEIR HOT SEASON NOW AND IT IS VERY HOT AND HUMID WHICH SHE IS HAVING SOME TROUBLE WITH..OTHER THAN THAT IT'S GOING WELL...JUST GETTING TOGETHER A CARE PACKAGE TO SEND OFF TO HER...THANKS FOR ASKING.. MY GD'S ARE GROWING JUST TOO FAST...SMILING...BUT DOING WELL....

HUGS AND LOVE,

KAREN

July 25, 2005, 6:38 pm CDT

Karen

Well 2 1/2 lbs isn't that bad of a gain.You will get that back off in no time.Thank you again for the kind birthday wishes.

Vickie

July 25, 2005, 6:40 pm CDT

Marion

Quote From: sneeeezer

Happy Monday to everybuddy. Just popping on for a few minutes before my company arrives.

SHARON: Thank you for the brief bio on you. How could I forget the lady who runs over kangaroos...tee hee.

KAREN: About the log in.....if you are the only one using your computer, maybe try not signing off the internet.....just minimize the Dr. Phil screen. I used to do this all the time on the old board when I first started because I had such a hard time finding my way back in again. Worked for me and it was always right where I left off at too. Of course if your internet ties up your phone line, then that would not be a good suggestion. I happen to be on ADSL so it does not affect my phone line.

Gotta run now. May be able to check back tonight.

Marion/BC

PS: Where has Pooz gotten too?

Happy Monday to you as well my friend.

Have agreat evening.

Vickie

July 25, 2005, 6:43 pm CDT

Hello Becky and midge

How wonderful to see you both here.

Midge--Congrats on the 2 1/2 lbs loss.Great job!

Welcome!

Vickie 

July 25, 2005, 6:45 pm CDT

THANK YOU KAREN

Quote From: pg__smiley

It is always wonderful seeing new people come to our board...smiling...Welcome...You are so right that Hospice is so awesome, and makes the transition from life to the otherside so peaceful and comforting, rather than fearful and anxious....Angels in disguise for sure....I lost my dad last Sept to Alzheimers and so no hospice was involved.. and we never cease our missing our loved ones do we? We heal as we know they are no longer suffering and are in such a beautiful and sweet place...how could we deny that for them....Oh what a glorious day when we all are re-united...!!!

Hope you come visit lots girlfriend...Hugs and love, Karen

I WAS JUST NOSEYING AROUND THE BOARDS AND NOTICED QUEENB WHOM I USED TO CHAT WITH A LOT! HOPE I GET A REPLY FROM HER.

THANK YOU FOR THE NICE WELCOME. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE BEEN AROUND THIS BOARD!

AS FOR A SUGGESTION FOR MAXIMIZING WEIGHT LOSS THROUGH THE TOUGH TIMES; THE ONLY THING THAT COMES TO MIND IS TO NOT USE FOOD FOR COMFORT BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT IS REALLY HARD. I HAVE HAD GOOD RESULTS WITH THE 3 BITE RULE! IF THERE IS SOMETHING I JUST CANNOT RESIST, EVEN AFTER THROUGH THOUGHT, I TAKE 3 SMALL BITES AND ENJOY EACH ONE TO THE MAX. IT WORKS FOR ME AND I ALMOST NEVER EAT MORE OF THE FORMALLY FORBIDDEN FOOD. I THINK THAT KNOWING ITS NOT COMPLETELY FORBIDDEN REALLY HAS MADE A DIFFERENCE IN PORTION CONTROL TOO!

WELL HOPE THAT HELPS A LITTLE!!!

THANKS AGAIN

BECKY

FROGHOP

July 25, 2005, 6:47 pm CDT

I was so happy to see

I loss 1 more lb.I weighed myself late in the day,after I had already eaten etc.As I told you all before my weight had stayed the same for acouple of weeks,so I am very pleased with this new drop in weight.

bye for now

Vickie

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last