Message Boards

Topic : Maximizing Weight Loss Through the Tough Times

Number of Replies: 10347
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:22:34 pm
Author : dataimport
This message board was started in hopes that it would be a "soft place to land" in times when an ear and a compassionate heart is needed, or in times when you just need to vent your frustrations, loneliness, insecurities, sadness, discouragement and any other emotion that hinders your WLC journey. Here you will find NO judging, unconditional love and acceptance, a support in times when you feel you can't share with others. Join us and let's make this a "Safe place for all".

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 26, 2005, 1:44 am CDT

HI LADIES

Well had a good day today it' tuesady in ellendale i weighed in yesterday i'm 139.7lbs put on 2.2lbs since they took the dr.phil site off which is my excuse####and sticking to it####I know we're not allowed to blame anybody but ourselves****i'm getting use to the rules***anyway back on track.QUESTION:Have any of you ladies tried pilates a friend that I work with gave me a couple of videos to try she said because I have a crook back they should be good for me,I'm wondering exercise is there any value in them ( exercise wise).Hubby and I made a big decision today we are getting rid of the wood heater and going central heating,I'm sick of the mess and dust and coming home to a cold house,don't know how I'll go you know(BACKING BUTT UP THE THE FLAME FOR A WARM).anyway you ladies have been going very well I've just read all your posts and it's nice to see nearly everybody is back and some new people(WELCOME)hope everybody that had birthday's enjoyed their day,better go and wash up since hubby cooked catch you later lol and hugs sharon.

p.s sorry about the ulgy mug mucking around with computer yesterday and worked out how to download photo to my profile did'nt realize everytime I post it comes up.lol big hugs 

July 26, 2005, 3:52 am CDT

BACK AGAIN

Back again I just done the pilates tape that I ask about it felt good took twenty minutes but I just had a look on the internet on there site and there is a basic workout which I think I might send away for,I was a good girl I done the washing up but thats all I've done tonight doing the IE is more important than housework(HA-HA),I'd rather do anything than housework the trouble is it's always there tomorrow we need fairies to come in over night while we sleep(DREAMING)WELL GOODNIGHT LADIES CATCH UP TOMORROW LOL AND HUGS SHARON

ps.Have a look www.winsorpilates.com.au  drop the au and see if it works for you out of australia

July 26, 2005, 8:26 am CDT

HI SHARON 1627

Quote From: sharon1627

Well had a good day today it' tuesady in ellendale i weighed in yesterday i'm 139.7lbs put on 2.2lbs since they took the dr.phil site off which is my excuse####and sticking to it####I know we're not allowed to blame anybody but ourselves****i'm getting use to the rules***anyway back on track.QUESTION:Have any of you ladies tried pilates a friend that I work with gave me a couple of videos to try she said because I have a crook back they should be good for me,I'm wondering exercise is there any value in them (exercise wise).Hubby and I made a big decision today we are getting rid of the wood heater and going central heating,I'm sick of the mess and dust and coming home to a cold house,don't know how I'll go you know(BACKING BUTT UP THE THE FLAME FOR A WARM).anyway you ladies have been going very well I've just read all your posts and it's nice to see nearly everybody is back and some new people(WELCOME)hope everybody thathad birthday's enjoyed their day,better go and wash up since hubby cooked catch youlater lol and hugs sharon.

p.s sorry about the ulgy mug mucking around with computer yesterday and worked out how to download photo to my profile did'nt realize everytime I post it comes up.lol big hugs

YOU ARE DOING SO WELL BEING DOWN TO 139.7 LBS.  YOU SAID, "SORRY ABOUT THE UGLY MUG' IN YOUR P.S. - I THINK IT IS A VERY SWEET FACE AND IT IS NICE TO SEE YOU EVERY TIME YOU POST.  I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SHOW PICTURES - MY COMPUTER SKILLS ARE LIMITED.

YOU WILL REALLY ENJOY CENTRAL HEATING - MY NEIGHBOURS HAVE BOTH AND BASICALLY USE THE WOOD HEATER AS IT IS LESS COSTLY - NOT REALLY LESS COSTLY BECAUSE OF THE PRICE OF WOOD BUT HE WORKS AT A PLACE WHERE HE CAN GET ALL THE WOOD SCRAPS HE WANTS.  I WONDERED WHY YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT HEATING AND BEING COLD AND THEN SUDDENLY REALIZED THAT YOU ARE HAVING YOUR WINTER.  WE ARE HAVING VERY HOT AND HUMID WEATHER - I'M SENDING YOU SOME, LET ME KNOW IF YOU GET IT (lol). 

HUGS, Shirley

July 26, 2005, 8:33 am CDT

KAREN

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET KAREN

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

ARE WE HAVING A PARTY?  LOVE AND HUGS, SHIRLEY

July 26, 2005, 1:06 pm CDT

by gosh the old girl found this board as well

WELL GALS THEY CAN RUN BUT THEY CAN'T HIDE. .  . .I AM TRYING WITH MUCH DIFFICULTY TO BE PATIENT WITH THE BOARDS. . BUT BY DARN IT IS NOT EASY. . .KAREN YOU HAVE SUCHA NICER WAY OF PUTTING THINGS THAN I DO. . . BUT MY QUESTION TO THEM IS. . INSTEAD OF SENDING ME 3 EMAILS ABOUT LINKS ETC. . . 2 OF WHICH WERE BOGUS. . . WHY NOT SEND US ALL AN E MAIL ASKING WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE FORMATED ON THE BOARDS. . . .I THINK NUMBERING IS A NECCESITY. . . I AM CONFUSED GOING BACK AND FORTH. . FIRST MEANS LAST AND LAST MEANS FIRST AND THEN. . .IF YOU GO TO FIRST . . YOU GET THE LAST ONE AND THEN THEY GO BACK IN TIME. . . I GET READING THEN FEEL AS IF I AM IN A TIME WARP. . . I HONESTLY HATE TO ADMIT THAT THIS IS JUST ME. . SO INSTEAD OF US ASKING ALL THE QUESTIONS. . .WHY DON'T THEY ASK US A THING OR TWO. . . .THERE I SAID IT AND I'M GLAD. .

IT IS ANOTHER LOVELY DAY HERE ON THE ISLAND AND I AM TRYING TO CATCH UP. . .ONE THING I DID DISCOVER IS THAT SINCE THERE IS NO PLACE TO MARK FAVOURITES ON THE BOARD IF WE IN CANADA MARK ALL THE BOARDS SEPARATELY AS A FAVOURITE. . (YOU IN THE US USE YOUR FAVORITE)LOL. .  .THEN AT LEAST WE CAN GET BACK TO THE BOARDS WE WANT. . . NOW CAN SOME-ONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO START AGAIN WHERE I LEFT OFF. . . MY COMPUTER GURU ADVISES ME TO SHUT MY COMPUTER DOWN AT NIGHT AS THIS IS WHEN THE MOST VIRUSES AND SPAMMING GOES ON. . . .

NOT QUITE BACK TO THE WLC PART OF THESE BOARDS AS I AM STILL FUMBELING MY WAY AROUND THEM.

HUGS TO ALL. . . CATCH YOU LATER. . REEN

July 26, 2005, 1:46 pm CDT

sharon1267

I was happy to be able to see your picture,thanks for sharing it with us.Nice to be able to put a face with the name.I think you are doing a wonderful job with your weight.You have alot to be proud of yourself for.It was getting harder on me as well the longer the boards were down.

We want to get central air 1 day.Hope you have a good evening,and are staying warm.

Vickie

July 26, 2005, 1:49 pm CDT

oops last post to sharon was mis typed on name sorry

I applogise for writing your name wrong Sharon.memory isn't the greatest.I will do better,just re getting use to names etc.

Vickie

July 26, 2005, 1:49 pm CDT

Reen

Your on a roll now girl.glad you found your way here as well.

Vickie

July 26, 2005, 1:54 pm CDT

shirley

hello again. nice to see you posting today.you are such a great help to others.We appreciate you taking the time to help others figure all this out.

I am enjoying the day.Have been working on the water.

Vickie 

July 26, 2005, 2:17 pm CDT

hi vickie

Quote From: mfoxy1

hello again. nice to see you posting today.you are such a great help to others.We appreciate you taking the time to help others figure all this out.

I am enjoying the day.Have been working on the water.

Vickie

I AM SURE YOU BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY WAS WONDERFUL.   AM STILL MAKING A LOT OF MISTAKES GETTING AROUND THE TWO BOARDS - OVER 50 WLC and KAREN'S MAXIMIZING THE WEIGHT LOSS THROUGH DIFFICULT TIMES.  SOMETIMES WHEN I TRY TO POST - I PUT IN MY PASSWORD AND THEY SAY 'INCORRECT PASSWORD' BUT IT IS THE RIGHT ONE.  THEN I CLICK IN AND OUT AND COME BACK AND IT WORKS.  MY POOR COMPUTER IS REALLY GETTING A WORK OUT.  WHEN I STARTED IT UP THIS MORNING IT SAID THAT THERE WAS SOME TYPE OF DIFFICULTY AND TO REPORT IT TO THE SERVER.  I THINK I HAVE BEEN CLICKING IN AND OUT TOO MUCH. (LOL)

SURE HOPE EVERYONE COMES BACK AND GIVES THEM A CHANCE TO GET ALL THE GLITCHES OUT. 

HAVEN'T BEEN WORKING ON MY WATER TODAY AS I AM HAVING A DINNER PARTY TONIGHT AND AM FAIRLY ORGANIZED SO THOUGHT I WOULD COME ON BOARD INSTEAD OF SITTING AROUND UNTIL EVERYONE ARRIVES.  MY BOSS AND HIS WIFE (I retired early because of my disability) ARE HAVING THEIR 30TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY AND MY NEIGHBOUR ACROSS THE STREET NOW WORKS FOR HIM, SO THEY ARE ALL COMING TO CELEBRATE TONIGHT.  HAVE PLANNED A VERY HEALTHY MEAL AND A FEW THINGS NOT SO HEALTHY THAT I PLAN TO STAY AWAY FROM. 

HAPPY YOU ARE HAVING A GOOD DAY.  TAKE CARE. HUGS, SHIRLEY

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last