Message Boards

Topic : Maximizing Weight Loss Through the Tough Times

Number of Replies: 10347
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:22:34 pm
Author : dataimport
This message board was started in hopes that it would be a "soft place to land" in times when an ear and a compassionate heart is needed, or in times when you just need to vent your frustrations, loneliness, insecurities, sadness, discouragement and any other emotion that hinders your WLC journey. Here you will find NO judging, unconditional love and acceptance, a support in times when you feel you can't share with others. Join us and let's make this a "Safe place for all".

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 26, 2005, 3:02 pm CDT

Shirley

Quote From: iamme4me

I AM SURE YOU BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY WAS WONDERFUL. AM STILL MAKING A LOT OF MISTAKES GETTING AROUND THE TWO BOARDS - OVER 50 WLC and KAREN'S MAXIMIZING THE WEIGHT LOSS THROUGH DIFFICULT TIMES. SOMETIMES WHEN I TRY TO POST - I PUT IN MY PASSWORD AND THEY SAY 'INCORRECT PASSWORD' BUT IT IS THE RIGHT ONE. THEN I CLICK IN AND OUT AND COME BACK AND IT WORKS. MY POOR COMPUTER IS REALLY GETTING A WORK OUT. WHEN I STARTED IT UP THIS MORNING IT SAID THAT THERE WAS SOME TYPE OF DIFFICULTY AND TO REPORT IT TO THE SERVER. I THINK I HAVE BEEN CLICKING IN AND OUT TOO MUCH. (LOL)

SURE HOPE EVERYONE COMES BACK AND GIVES THEM A CHANCE TO GET ALL THE GLITCHES OUT.

HAVEN'T BEEN WORKING ON MY WATER TODAY AS I AM HAVING A DINNER PARTY TONIGHT AND AM FAIRLY ORGANIZED SO THOUGHT I WOULD COME ON BOARD INSTEAD OF SITTING AROUND UNTIL EVERYONE ARRIVES. MY BOSS AND HIS WIFE (I retired early because of my disability) ARE HAVING THEIR 30TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY AND MY NEIGHBOUR ACROSS THE STREET NOW WORKS FOR HIM, SO THEY ARE ALL COMING TO CELEBRATE TONIGHT. HAVE PLANNED A VERY HEALTHY MEAL AND A FEW THINGS NOT SO HEALTHY THAT I PLAN TO STAY AWAY FROM.

HAPPY YOU ARE HAVING A GOOD DAY. TAKE CARE. HUGS, SHIRLEY

thank you,

My birthday was a wonderful time for me.We had family bonding time.DH's plans were just to here with me and share my company.And We had nice meals to celebrate.All healthy choices.I did get the 2 books I wanted so unless our dear Dr Phil writes another 1, I have them all right now.I also received a new microphone for the computer--to bad we can't use them here.lol and a relaxation CD. Its really great too.and a beautiful teddy bear ceramic I have it on my computer to look at.also new journal and pen.But my day wasn't really about the gifts--I had no real great wants this year.But was excited about the books for sure.I appreciate and like the gifts,but I was really more into just enjoying being here with the family and coming here to be with friends here on the boards,when I could.

We watched a few movies towards the end of the day--some of my favorites.We had good bonding time and we laughed and joked off and on threw the day.If I had been able to get out for awhile--I think I would have chosen pool time at the y with the family as an activity.The family was more upset about our not being able to get out an do something to celebrate then I was.I had what I wanted--the people who love and care for me around me.

I think we all have put our computers in shock the last few days.as long as they don't go down on us down we have it made lol.

wow a dinner party--sounds exciting!Hope you will tell me about how it went tomorrow!Good for you planning ahead and being able to include some other food choices for your guest and have the strength to stay away for those foods.So Proud of you--thats a big major step my friend.

have agreat time at your party

Vickie

July 26, 2005, 3:04 pm CDT

I will be back later

need to take a short break.and rest the hands

will return later

hugs

Vickie

July 26, 2005, 4:07 pm CDT

Pooz

Well girl, you finally made it here. If you click on my "message emote" to the right of this message, you will see that I am surprised to see you. I was very confused with the boards the first day, but they are gradually getting the bugs worked out and now I don't really mind them.  If you go to your profile and scroll to the bottom, you will see a section where you have a choice of newest or oldest. I put oldest.  When I am finished for the day or whatever, I save the screen to my favorites at the very top of the screen. Then when I come back I go to my favorites, click on it and I am right back where I left off, and all the postings are in the right order the same as they were on the other board. I refer to read forwards rather than backwards.  The date and time of each post are displayed on the top right of the message.....****take note, it is in our time zone....PST****.  At any rate, you will get used to it. As I said in one of my previous messages, "Losing weight isn't easy either, but have we given up on it?"  "NO" so let's not give up on the new boards either.

Love ya.  Marion/BC

July 26, 2005, 5:46 pm CDT

Hound Dog Howdie

And you girlies thought I was a goner.....:-)  didn't ya.....thanks to a little elf who jumped into my hotmail email box and told me where ya all were.

Yeap, eventually this will be so easy to do we'll laugh at ourselves for putting up such a fuss. Tee Hee.  Rained like the dickens late this afternoon....that sure cut the temps down. Can't believe we'll be in the 70's tomorrow.....moon doggie that will be great.

You all have a good evening and I'll meet ya back at the pass tomorrow.

chilly

July 26, 2005, 6:19 pm CDT

Thanks everyone you have really blessed me...

I feel the love, thanks so much...some days this board is very difficult to deal with...today is one of those times...smiling...kinda reminds me of a menopausal woman...never the same from moment to moment...hard time getting my password accepted, and logging in...walked away , came back from lunch, still no go...now home for dinner and Voila things are okay again...sheeeeeeez you think maybe the board is a blonde like me..ha ha

Will post later if I can get back on...my friend just arrived...

Hugs to all,

Karen

July 26, 2005, 6:53 pm CDT

Karen

Quote From: pg__smiley

I feel the love, thanks so much...some days this board is very difficult to deal with...today is one of those times...smiling...kinda reminds me of a menopausal woman...never the same from moment to moment...hard time getting my password accepted, and logging in...walked away , came back from lunch, still no go...now home for dinner and Voila things are okay again...sheeeeeeez you think maybe the board is a blonde like me..ha ha

Will post later if I can get back on...my friend just arrived...

Hugs to all,

Karen

I just wanted to pop in and wish you a Happy Birthday or at least what is left of it.

I think I am going to touch wood before I make this next comment....in a whisper "I am not having any problem logging on to the board" I like how you compare it to a menopausal woman. The only problem I am having is with my icon as you can see. One of these days I will try again with it.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Love ya.

Marion/BC

July 26, 2005, 8:18 pm CDT

everyone

just got threw storming again here,thought I'd pop in and say hi to everyone.I am glad to see more of our friends making their way here.still having trouble with hands so won't stay right now.Know you are all in my thoughts,even when I'm not here.

Love you all

Vickie

July 26, 2005, 10:42 pm CDT

Marion

hello

I agree about not giving up on the new boards.I missed everyone to much to let a few problems keep me away.

I haven't had problems signing in(knock on wood) but have experienced afew other problems.Like everything new we will adjust to all this in time.

Vickie

July 26, 2005, 10:44 pm CDT

my picture

is back for now.I wonder if it will be here later? lol

July 26, 2005, 10:51 pm CDT

I am not complaining,but was wondering if there was away the staff could allow us more time to Tye our messages--so we won't keep getting kicked off without knowing it til we hit the post key.and get sent back to sign in page It is alittle frustrating to have to sign back in to find the message you just typed not posted.I wasn't going to ask--just figured it was happening to me due to fact I have trouble sometimes working my fingers to type and I can be slow.But I have read where others are experiencing the same problem.So it's not just my fingers.

If the staff can't do anything about this issue to help,I understand,and will continue finding ways to work around the problem.

Figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Vickie

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last