Message Boards

Topic : Maximizing Weight Loss Through the Tough Times

Number of Replies: 10347
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:22:34 pm
Author : dataimport
This message board was started in hopes that it would be a "soft place to land" in times when an ear and a compassionate heart is needed, or in times when you just need to vent your frustrations, loneliness, insecurities, sadness, discouragement and any other emotion that hinders your WLC journey. Here you will find NO judging, unconditional love and acceptance, a support in times when you feel you can't share with others. Join us and let's make this a "Safe place for all".

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 12, 2008, 8:54 pm CST

/Janice/

This was posted by the Dr. Phil board moderator.  Maybe this will help.

The new community area is: www.community.drphil.com

Once you get there, you'll see the Category list of message boards, click on WEIGHT

A side box will open, click on WEIGHT LOSS MEMBER SUPPORT

The Over 50 board can be found on page 2.

You can also sort by popularity from the main WEIGHT LOSS MEMBER SUPPORT section and this will bring the board up to page 1 since it's currently the 5th most popular board.

The techs are still working on a subscribe feature so hopefully that will be implemented soon.

November 13, 2008, 7:30 am CST

Janice

Quote From: janice255

I keep forgetting the names of the different boards. I'm having a hard times Karen Ever since I got sick again and couldn't exercise I've been gaining weight - 11 LBS. Now I keep craving food! It's not funny and I feel so big in the middle. It's like everything gets stuck in the middle.  Have a great Day!  Janice

Another way to save the board when you find it is to ADD to your FAVOURITES....

Sorry you are having a hard time and have been sick again, hang in there gf and do what you can, perhaps re-read UWLS book while recuperating and to help you feel more motivated as well....even sitting in a chair doing leg raises will help some for IE too. I know you know what to do and you will again get back to healthy choices and portions and start to feel so much better as well...Good luck sweetie...Hugs Karen

November 14, 2008, 4:09 am CST

Hi everyone.

Quote From: pg__smiley

Another way to save the board when you find it is to ADD to your FAVOURITES....

Sorry you are having a hard time and have been sick again, hang in there gf and do what you can, perhaps re-read UWLS book while recuperating and to help you feel more motivated as well....even sitting in a chair doing leg raises will help some for IE too. I know you know what to do and you will again get back to healthy choices and portions and start to feel so much better as well...Good luck sweetie...Hugs Karen

Hi yes I will have to go back to the library and  check it out again. I don't own the book. I only have $4.00 until the 26 of the month so I can't even afford to buy it.

Well I can't eat or drink anything until after my Dr. appointment at 10 A.M. this morning. I didn't eat very much for Dinner last night so I'm very hungry. One way to keep me from eating too much. It is my 6 month check up for suar, colestorol, a few other things, but nothing to with my lungs, RA, or nerves. No money so I'll come home to eat some of my  homemade chicken noodle soup and the last biscut. I shouldn't eat the biscut, but I feel it's okay this time. I don't eat them all the time. They are  more fattening than whole wheat bread. Like Dr. Phil says you  have a peice fo B'Day cake, but not all the cake!  LOL   Have to fast for 6 hours but at 10 A.M. IT WILL BE 18 HOURS  I can have water so I've beeen drinking lots of water since 5:30 A.M.   Hope you all hae a great weekend. Janice

November 15, 2008, 7:11 am CST

Janice

Quote From: janice255

Hi yes I will have to go back to the library and  check it out again. I don't own the book. I only have $4.00 until the 26 of the month so I can't even afford to buy it.

Well I can't eat or drink anything until after my Dr. appointment at 10 A.M. this morning. I didn't eat very much for Dinner last night so I'm very hungry. One way to keep me from eating too much. It is my 6 month check up for suar, colestorol, a few other things, but nothing to with my lungs, RA, or nerves. No money so I'll come home to eat some of my  homemade chicken noodle soup and the last biscut. I shouldn't eat the biscut, but I feel it's okay this time. I don't eat them all the time. They are  more fattening than whole wheat bread. Like Dr. Phil says you  have a peice fo B'Day cake, but not all the cake!  LOL   Have to fast for 6 hours but at 10 A.M. IT WILL BE 18 HOURS  I can have water so I've beeen drinking lots of water since 5:30 A.M.   Hope you all hae a great weekend. Janice

Hope your tests come back well and that you are able to relax some. You , like many others , myself included can benefit and will as we lose these extra pounds that affect our health so much. One step and meal at a time.  Sometimes we just have to eat what we have and even in that we can still watch our portions...so let's do it gf....and it would be great if you went to the library and got the book....might also give you some motivation and inspiration as well....You take care and have a great weekend....Hugs Karen

November 15, 2008, 8:56 pm CST

its meeeeeeeeeeeeee

and no i am not lost..........well i dont think i am anyway......................lol.  what a life i have been leading, work, sleep, vegetate, work, work, work.  i had yesterday and today off but yesterday was a lost cause as usual.  today i managed to finally get a haircut...................and i will tell you its about time.

i am still working a lot.  work tomorrow, off Monday and Tuesday then work the next 4.  i will probably keep working the overtime till the first of the year.  need to have the money.

other than that all is well here.  i have lost 12 pounds..............YAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOO.    now i just need to keep it going this time.

its for sure i wont be reading back posts so i will just cut in right here and start anew

hugs to all

teresa

November 17, 2008, 5:06 am CST

congratulations

Quote From: toofattool

and no i am not lost..........well i dont think i am anyway......................lol.  what a life i have been leading, work, sleep, vegetate, work, work, work.  i had yesterday and today off but yesterday was a lost cause as usual.  today i managed to finally get a haircut...................and i will tell you its about time.

i am still working a lot.  work tomorrow, off Monday and Tuesday then work the next 4.  i will probably keep working the overtime till the first of the year.  need to have the money.

other than that all is well here.  i have lost 12 pounds..............YAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOO.    now i just need to keep it going this time.

its for sure i wont be reading back posts so i will just cut in right here and start anew

hugs to all

teresa
  Congratulations on losing 12 lbs Teresa! That is super. You are an insipration  to us all. And working all the time. It must be stressful. I'm doing fine and hope to do better this week. I have a Pure flavored water filter on my wish list to two people. If I don't get it I will buy one next year. Need to get ready for the day since the man who checks my oxygen consintrator is going to be here about 8:30 and I'm still in my night clothes.  LOL. Have a great day Janice

November 23, 2008, 7:12 pm CST

I see most are now using the Beta board...

Soon this board will die out...but you can find us all on the Beta one...Hugs Karen

First | Prev | 1030 | 1031 | 1032 | 1033 | 1034 | 1035 | Next Page | Last Page