Message Boards

Topic : Maximizing Weight Loss Through the Tough Times

Number of Replies: 10347
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:22:34 pm
Author : dataimport
This message board was started in hopes that it would be a "soft place to land" in times when an ear and a compassionate heart is needed, or in times when you just need to vent your frustrations, loneliness, insecurities, sadness, discouragement and any other emotion that hinders your WLC journey. Here you will find NO judging, unconditional love and acceptance, a support in times when you feel you can't share with others. Join us and let's make this a "Safe place for all".

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 23, 2005, 10:01 am CDT

Great to see you all finding your way back...smiling

It is so wonderful to see we at least still have our MODERATOR...makes me feel more hopeful too...smiling..

Marion, it took me some doing to get here, but hey I managed too...winking...it'll take us all a while to get accustomed to this new way of things, thank goodness my hormones aren't out of whack today...lol...

I haven't figured out yet how to put my pic up so will have to browse around later and see if I can get one...The two color choices really makes one think like black or angry...tee hee...maybe brighter ones would have been a little nicer...I don't like black but oh well..C'est la vie...lol..

Vickie, you hang in there girl...you are right night time eating isn't the greatest but you ate healthy foods which is a good choice...I always have a piece of fruit in the evening, as it keeps my blood sugars in control for the night...seems to work good for me...glad you are back..just trying to figure out how to get your email addy...lol...

To everyone, have a super day, don't you dare eat over this new change..we will eventually get used to it...lol..hey if this menopausal, blonde senior can, anyone can...winking....

Hugs and love,

Karen

July 23, 2005, 2:49 pm CDT

sharon

I am sorry to hear about bills sisters death,and your dads illness.My thoughts and prayer are with you.we are all here for you!

vickie

July 23, 2005, 2:56 pm CDT

Karen

thanks hun! I am trying.Im glad you were able to find a positive way to keep your blood sugars in control threw the night.These Board changes don't make me want to eat,But I have drank more water since the boards came back on.So thats a plus.See I just needed to be with my friends and support group again.I am looking forward to us all moving forward with our journey's together once again.And hopefully we'll never be parted again.

vickie

July 23, 2005, 3:16 pm CDT

karen

you have mail.lol

vickie

July 23, 2005, 6:07 pm CDT

Marion, now I have it too...lol

Well, I did have a pic but now just have the dotted lines just like you buddy....smiling...I suspect it has something to do with our pics not working...I'm still trying to figure out how to make the printing larger when I type the message..it's so small I have to wear my reading glasses..lol...yet it posts larger as I have it set to larger...

I'm so glad your mom is doing much better...smiling....

Send some of your sunshine my way, gosh darn anyways, July is almost done for, and we've had one , yes ONE, full day of sun...rained every other day...where is my summer...lol...mind you , I am glad it's not super hot either....lol...see just can't please this hormonal, blonde..winking...

Hugs and love,

Karen

July 23, 2005, 6:11 pm CDT

(((((Sharon, Queenb))))))))

My prayers and love I send to you sweet g/f...the road you have been traveling on lately has been filled with so much heartache and pain...may you find comfort in your time of sorrow and strength to continue on as the wonderful, beautiful, loving and compassionate daughter you are....Holding you close hon...Hugs and love, Karen

July 23, 2005, 6:20 pm CDT

Okay, I caved in!!!

Things were going just too well, I am afraid to say, I let my emotions, of which included, frustration, anger, and disappointment to get the better of me....sigh...I have picked my sorry self up and am back on track...I am my own worst enemy....but enough of that!!! Back on the track of freedom....let's do our Freedom ride together.....YES>> I am excited that we didn't lose our contact point (being the boards) beit difficult to figure out somewhat...but the main thing is that we still have it....I feel blessed...Yes, I admit many negative thoughts entered my mind too, and you know what? I asked myself "How's that working for me"?  Well it didn't...I binged..so I have a lot of work still to do....and I hope you all are dealing much better with your emotions than I....Hugs and love,
Karen...(at least the depression is gone..still...smiling..) Just old habits die hard....Die sucker...///

July 23, 2005, 8:06 pm CDT

Thank you all for the prayers

I just want to take a moment and thank you all for the prayers and to tell you that I am leaving in the moring to go spend time with mom and dad and help mom. I thank you all for the prayers and my son in law called to apologize for being selfish and ask me to please come down. So my bags are packed I don't know how long I will be there but I will be there and as soon as I get home again I will post to you all I have missed my friends here on the board. Keep my family in your prayers and know I will be thinking of all of you without your support and prayers I would be so lost hugs  sharon/queenb2009

July 23, 2005, 8:29 pm CDT

karen

I think we all are our own worst enemies at times.Sorry you had a rough moment.I do understand about those stupid old habits popping back into our life's.I've been fighting them as well.I have been sitting here having many thoughts of food myself.None of which are healthy choices.I won't list them! Yes -we all still have alot of work to do.But at least now we are to do our freedom ride together,as we face what is needed to be done for each of us to reach our goals.

Vickie

July 23, 2005, 8:40 pm CDT

sharon/queenb2009

I just want to take a moment and thank you all for the prayers and to tell you that I am leaving in the moring to go spend time with mom and dad and help mom. I thank you all for the prayers and my son in law called to apologize for being selfish and ask me to please come down. So my bags are packed I don't know how long I will be there but I will be there and as soon asI get home again I will post to you all I have missed my friends here on the board. Keep my family in your prayers and know I will be thinking of all of you without your support and prayers I would be so lost hugs sharon/queenb2009

I am so glad your son in law called you!I know you will feel better being there with your mom and dad.I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers and thoughts.you will be missed,but your being there is most important right now.take care of yourself Hun. we will be here for you when you return.

your friend

vickie

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last