Message Boards

Topic : Maximizing Weight Loss Through the Tough Times

Number of Replies: 10347
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:22:34 pm
Author : dataimport
This message board was started in hopes that it would be a "soft place to land" in times when an ear and a compassionate heart is needed, or in times when you just need to vent your frustrations, loneliness, insecurities, sadness, discouragement and any other emotion that hinders your WLC journey. Here you will find NO judging, unconditional love and acceptance, a support in times when you feel you can't share with others. Join us and let's make this a "Safe place for all".

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 24, 2005, 3:53 pm CDT

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANA

HOPE YOU HAVE A VERY SPECIAL DAY DIANA AND THAT ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE

LOL AND HUGS SHARON 

July 24, 2005, 3:55 pm CDT

HELLO SHIRLEY

HELLO SHIRLEY JUST A QUICK HELLO AND HOW ARE YOU?

HUGS SHARON

July 24, 2005, 4:57 pm CDT

Sharon

HI KAREN,

HOW GOOD IS THIS I WAS FEELING A BIT DOWN BECAUSE WE LOST OUR BOARD,BUT AFTER SPENDING A LOVELY WEEKEND AWAY WITH HUBBY(JUST WHAT A MARRIAGE NEEDS)I ARRIVE HOME TO FIND THE BOARD IS BACK UP AND RUNNING,HOW HAVE YOU BEEN?LOTS AND LOTS OF QUESTIONSHAS EVERYBODY BEEN FINE?HAVE TO GO FOR A MINUTE BE BACK

Hi girlfriend,

It made it really difficult not having everyones email addies...a lot of us hung in together that way...unfortunately for you and a few others , you got left High and dry so to speak...without this to fall back on....well, we are here now and that's what counts right..and you got away with dear hubby for the weekend../How cool is that...or maybe hot is that..winking...

I did well initially after the boards went down, but yesterday fell out of my plan...back on it again today though...I had gained 15 pounds a few weeks ago, and have re-lost 9 of them...so it will eventually all be off again...

How has your new lifestyle been? Are you managing your exercise, water and healthy choices? Right thinking...smiling..so many neat things to work on eh? lol..

Have a great day sweetie, and it's wonderful to see you back too..

Hugs and love, Karen     320/218/150

July 24, 2005, 5:48 pm CDT

Hi Karen

Hi girlfriend,

It made it really difficult not having everyones email addies...a lot of us hung in together that way...unfortunately for you and a few others , you got left High and dry so to speak...without this to fall back on....well, we are here now and that's what counts right..and you got away with dear hubby for the weekend../How cool is that...or maybe hot is that..winking...

I did well initially after the boards went down, but yesterday fell out of my plan...back on it again today though...I had gained 15 pounds a few weeks ago, and have re-lost 9 of them...so it will eventually all be off again...

How has your new lifestylebeen? Are you managing your exercise, water and healthy choices? Right thinking...smiling..so many neat things to work on eh? lol..

Have a great day sweetie, and it's wonderful to see you back too..

Hugs and love, Karen 320/218/150

Well Karen I have to be honest I've been pretty bad,but today is a new day and I'm starting again,i have to tell you I felt very lost without the postings I know thats a poor excuse but I'm not a very strong person a little upset in my life or change I go down hill very fast,that is one thing that I have been trying to over come it seems to be my makeup so I have to jump over it some how(that is one of my challeges this year to be stronger).Just jumped on the scales I weigh 139.7lbs I've put on 2.2lbs positive thinking I'm heading in the right direction now.I'm glad that you are back on the right path again and losing 9lbs is really great--very big pat on the back form me to you---My weekend away with hubby was just fantastic but we ate so much that I felt like I was going to burst,but now it's lots of water and IE for me,well I better go and do some housework thats the trouble with going away coming home to catch up but it was worth it,have a great day catch up after good to be back lol and hugs sharon 

July 24, 2005, 5:51 pm CDT

hi sharon 1627

SO NICE TO SEE YOU BACK ON BOARD - DIDN'T HAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS WHILE WE WERE OFF AND FELT BAD THAT I COULD NOT EMAIL YOU.  HERE WE ARE AGAIN AND AM SO HAPPY THAT WE CAN ONCE AGAIN SUPPORT EACH OTHER.  HOW ARE THINGS GOING WITH YOU?  SOMETIMES ON THIS NEW BOARD I WONDER IF I AM MISSING SOME POSTS AS BEFORE I KEPT TRACK BY THE NUMBER ON THE POSTS AND NOW WILL HAVE TO TRAIN MYSELF TO KEEP TRACK OF THE TIME POSTED. 

HAVE A LOVELY EVENING - I HAVE ALMOST 9:00 P.M. HERE AND THE BOARD TIME IS ALMOST 6:00 P.M. - BEFORE I WAS JUST 1 HOUR OUT.   hugs, Shirley

July 24, 2005, 7:42 pm CDT

HI SHIRLEY

SO NICE TO SEE YOU BACK ON BOARD - DIDN'T HAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS WHILE WE WERE OFF AND FELT BAD THAT I COULD NOT EMAIL YOU. HERE WE ARE AGAIN AND AM SO HAPPY THAT WE CAN ONCE AGAIN SUPPORT EACH OTHER. HOW ARE THINGS GOING WITH YOU? SOMETIMES ON THIS NEW BOARD I WONDER IF I AM MISSING SOME POSTS AS BEFORE I KEPT TRACK BY THE NUMBER ON THE POSTS AND NOW WILL HAVE TO TRAIN MYSELF TO KEEP TRACK OF THE TIME POSTED.

HAVE A LOVELY EVENING - I HAVE ALMOST 9:00 P.M. HERE AND THE BOARD TIME IS ALMOST 6:00 P.M. - BEFORE I WAS JUST 1 HOUR OUT. hugs, Shirley

HELLO SHIRLEY GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN,IT'S 12.20PM OVER HERE,I'VE MADE SURE THAT I WROTE DOWN EVERYBODIES E-MAILS THIS TIME SO IF HAPPENS AGAIN I'M READY FOR IT,I'M STRUGGLING BUT I'M POSITIVE THAT I CAN GET BACK ON TRACK,JUST CATCHING UP AFTER HAVING A FEW BAD DAYS,SITTING HERE WONDERING WHAT WOULD BE WORSE AFTER READING THE OTHER SHARON'S POSTS MY HEART GOES TRULY OUT TO HERE KNOWING WHAT SHE KNOW'S AND BEING POWERLESS TO CONTROL IT(WHEN I LOST MY DAUGHTER CONTROL PLAYED A BIG PART OF MY HEALING)THERE CAN NEVER BE( WHAT IF).LETS SEND SHARON LOTS OF LOVE AND PRAYERS TO LET HER KNOW WE ARE THINKING OF HER THROUGH HER HARD TIMES AHEAD,I'M NOT REAL SURE ABOUT THIS NEW BOARD SAME AS YOU NOT SURE WHETHER I'M MISSING POSTS AS WELL . SHIRLEY I BETTER GET SOME WORK DONE I CAN'T SEEM TO GET OFF THE COMPUTER TODAY CATCH UP LATER LOL AND HUGS SHARON

July 24, 2005, 9:06 pm CDT

It's so great

To see others have found their way here today. welcome back friends and hello to all new comers!

Sorry I hadn't posted all day.I spent time with family and got some rest off and on threw the day.

I don't know If I will be able to come on here tomorrow.DH has scheduled to take the day off from

work tomorrow,to be here all day with me for my birthday.I was surprised this is a 1st.He always

takes our anniversary off but never my birthday.I don't know what he has planned.

I have done ok today.I will be back later

Vickie

July 24, 2005, 10:48 pm CDT

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VICKI

To see others have found their way heretoday. welcome back friends and hello to all new comers!

Sorry I hadn't posted all day.I spent time with family and got some rest off and on threw the day.

I don't know If I will be able to come on here tomorrow.DH has scheduled to take the day off from

work tomorrow,to be here all day with me for my birthday.I was surprised this is a 1st.He always

takes our anniversary off but never my birthday.I don't know what he has planned.

I have done ok today.I will be back later

Vickie

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VICKI FOR TOMORROW WHAT A LOVELY THING FOR YOUR HUSBAND TO DO I HOPE YOU BOTH DO SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL,I'M BEING A GOOD GIRL I'M TRYING TO TYPE WHILE EATING AN APPLE CATCH YOU LATER BIG HUG SHARON

July 24, 2005, 11:10 pm CDT

KAREN

KAREN ARE YOU POSTING AS PG__SMILEY OR CHOOSE2WIN YOU ARE THE SAME PERSON I THINK????

July 25, 2005, 12:56 am CDT

Hello lovely ladies

Here it is, after midnight and I am just now getting on to read all the postings from today. Had a busy day. Slept in until 10am, then did a bit of housework and went to see my mother for a bit. Did a bit of shopping at Costco and then went out to a bar-b-que at friends place. Just now got home. Tomorrow, I am taking a day of my holidays and we are having a family bar-b-que as we have a cousin from Winnipeg visiting.

DIANA: Happy Birthday to you yesterday. Hope you had a good day.

VICKIE: Happy Birthday to you today. Have a good day with that hubby of yours.

KAREN: Happy Birthday to you tomorrow - in case I forget by tomorrow-tee hee. My memory fails me quite often now adays. I loved your posting about all the things that you can now do that you could not do before, and all the changes to your body.

MALEESE: Is that how you spell it....can't get back to the message board to check without losing this posting.  I am impressed with how much you have lost in less than a month. How did you do it? You must have been able to just stand on the scales and watch the needle go down.....LOL. I started out at 310 and got down to 254 and then I started climbing again when I started working evening shift and went back up to 270. I think I have lost about 4 lbs of that (maybe not after tonight's bar-b- que). I think I am ready to give this the good old college try again. I would appreciate any tips you can give me on how you lost yours. I would be quite happy even to lose 15 lbs in a month. One thing I do know is that I have to get out and do some walking again. I have been idle tooooooo long.

SHARON: Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. I am so glad that you were able to go back to be with your mom and dad at this time. Hang in there sweetie.

OTHER SHARON: As I mentioned above, my memory fails me at times. I feel like I should know who you are, but I cannot recall.  Possibly you joined us while I was working that evening shift. I know a few did, but I just did not have the time to keep up with it all, so there could be a few others here that I do not remember too.  Please tell me a bit about yourself so that I will be able to get to know you.  All the best in your WLC journey.

Love ya all.

(((((((HUGS)))))))

Marion/BC

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last