Message Boards

Topic : Maximizing Weight Loss Through the Tough Times

Number of Replies: 10347
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:22:34 pm
Author : dataimport
This message board was started in hopes that it would be a "soft place to land" in times when an ear and a compassionate heart is needed, or in times when you just need to vent your frustrations, loneliness, insecurities, sadness, discouragement and any other emotion that hinders your WLC journey. Here you will find NO judging, unconditional love and acceptance, a support in times when you feel you can't share with others. Join us and let's make this a "Safe place for all".

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 22, 2005, 4:12 pm CDT

Welcome back my dear friends...

Hi everyone, welcome home...winking...I had to change my username but it's still ME..lol  Karen...I'm praying you all can find us again, have missed so many of you who'se email addies I never had so couldn't keep in contact...Vickie, Sharon, and others look so forward to hearing from you all once again...let's not get too stressed over all this newness, we are all still the same wonderful people ....smiling...Hugs to all, and welcome back...

Love ya,

Karen

July 22, 2005, 4:51 pm CDT

nice to be back

I have missed everyone here.So happy to be back in touch.

Karen--hello I was happy to see you here already.Like you I didn't have alot of peoples e-mail address to stay in contact with them either.So how have you been?

I have still been reading and studying while we were gone from here.I am seeing alot of things in a whole new light.I did hit a trouble spot last night--felt restless and wanted to reach for food.But got threw it,without taking a bit.

I am so excited about being here.

vickie

July 22, 2005, 4:56 pm CDT

Hello everyone

I found this board but can not figure out how to select it as one of my favorite.  I guess I will need to do some studing to figure out this new foremat. 

I hope everyone is having a great day.  I just  came in the house again after swimming for about 1 1/2 hours.  Got chased in by the thunder but we did not get any rain.  I did get my 90 minutes of IE today both this AM and this pm.   Have a great evening everyone.    Alice

July 22, 2005, 5:34 pm CDT

Hello EveryBuddy

Good Friday Evening to you All - I have just stumbled across the new message boards...no decision as to like/dislike yet - will let y'all know... in kind of a sullen mood this evening - just a hectic week, I guess...or maybe I am just naturally moody???!!! At this point - who know?...

Anyway, do hope everyone else is having a pleasant evening - y'all have a wonderful weekend - I will check back if I can find the site again - if not look for e-mails from me!!!

Karen, congrats on the new job - sounds exciting!!  Love, peace and prayers...........Donna

July 22, 2005, 6:00 pm CDT

Alice HI

I found this board but can not figure out how to select it as one ofmy favorite. I guess I will need to do some studing to figure out this new foremat.

I hope everyone is having a great day. I just came in the house again after swimming for about 1 1/2 hours. Got chased in by the thunder but we did not get any rain. I did get my 90 minutes of IE today both this AM and this pm. Have a great evening everyone. Alice

You need to "subscribe" so click on that and it saves it like our favourite...look at you go with that IE, I can see the pounds just a falling off kiddo...smiling..I managed to get my old user id back...so that is good...take care sweetie..

Hugs, and love,Karen

July 22, 2005, 7:05 pm CDT

hello donna and alice

so good to see you both here.I know what you mean about needing to get use to this new lay out.I have been doing some searching  threw the boards myself.I  am happy you both found your way here.and am looking forward to seeing you both here and posting with you.

vickie

July 22, 2005, 9:37 pm CDT

my recent down falls

I have to admit I have been slipping these last few nights before the boards came back.I started eatting late at night again.Not for any other reason then I was hungry.I did make wise choices with type of foods I ate--like fresh vegs.But I know eating late is a no no.And I fell away from my water intake pretty badly.I am admitting these errors publicly--because I know I can't change it unless I claim it, and by sharing with all of you, I am more accountable for my actions.

Thanks for hearing me.I am hoping being back on the boards will help me do better in these areas and stay on track.

hugs

vickie

July 22, 2005, 11:42 pm CDT

Hi , I am back

Well, I am back and confused. I posted on the other board and tried to make the print bold and colored and size 2, but it did not seem to work. Also my user ID is showing with a frame of dashes around it.....why is that. Nobody elses is, so what do you all know that I don't know....LOL. Hi DONNA, I posted on the other board and forgot to say hi to you there. Just want you to know I was not being rude, but once I got into where I was posting the message, I could not get back out to check on who all had posted.  Then after I posted, I could not see anyway to go back and edit my message like we used to.

Well, I just now see how to add color and to make it bold. But the only two choices we have is black or red. Can't see anyway to increase the size of the print though. May have to revert to using capital letters again.

Well ladies, I just wanted to stop in and say HI before I hit the hay. Will check in again tomorrow.  Love ya all.  Marion/BC

July 23, 2005, 4:52 am CDT

Hello to all my wlc friends

well hello to all it has been a  tough summer and I so missed the boards they were where I went for help and support. As some of you know my dad has been diagnosed with cancer and now it is just a matter of time.My heart is breaking and though we didn't see eye to eye while I was growing up  I love him and it is killing me. He has been my dad for 49 years and it is so hard to see him waste away.Thank you Rose and karen and all  who have emailed me,My heart is breaking and I don't know what to do.We just got back from Geogia where bills sister who was 46 died of cancer and I thought that was hard but this is hard also.I just want to go to bed and never wake up. But I won't I have to buck up and be strong for my mom,She finally got him to go to the doctor but then it was to late I drove them to the hospital and stayed with them the next morning the doctor delivered his bad news and sent us home the hospice people are so caring and are trying to get us through this but it is so hard and heart breaking thank you all for caring. I have missed each and every one of you hugs sharon/queenb

July 23, 2005, 5:07 am CDT

sneeeezer

Well, I am back and confused. I posted on the other board and tried to make the print bold and colored and size 2, but it did not seem to work. Also my user ID is showing with a frame of dashes around it.....why is that. Nobody elses is, so what do you all know that I don't know....LOL. Hi DONNA, I posted on the other board and forgot to say hi to you there. Just want you to know I was not being rude, but once I got into where I was posting the message, I could not get back out to check on who all had posted. Then after I posted, I could not see anyway to go back and edit my message like we used to.

Well, I just now see how to add color and to make it bold. But the only two choices we have is black or red. Can't see anyway to increase the size of the print though. May have to revert to using capital letters again.

Well ladies, I just wanted to stop in and say HI before I hit the hay. Will check in again tomorrow. Love ya all. Marion/BC

You can increase your font viewing size by going to "My Profile" and select "Edit Profile", you'll see at the bottom the option to increase font size, change viewing order of messages (oldest to newest or newest to oldest) and select how many messages to display per page. If you're on a dialup connection, you may want to keep it set at 5 so the pages don't take as long to load.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last