Message Boards

Topic : 07/24 Secret Love

Number of Replies: 330
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 09, 2007, 02:40:54 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/13/07) In a marriage, an affair is the ultimate betrayal. But imagine finding out that your husband was cheating on you with your sister! Bettie says her husband, John, destroyed her trust when he had a six-month relationship with her sister, Molly -- an affair that occurred in Bettie’s own house. John says his act of infidelity happened nearly two years ago, and he’s over it, but he doesn’t understand why Bettie just can’t let it go. Then Molly, who has been watching backstage, joins her sister and brother-in-law. Find out why Molly says John is not the man Bettie thinks he is. Plus, Bettie’s mom, Virginia, overheard a secret phone call between Molly and John and says she doesn’t know why Bettie married John in the first place. Will Bettie’s lingering feelings of betrayal and mistrust destroy her relationship with her sister? Will she be able to forgive her husband and move past his affair? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 12, 2007, 9:19 pm CST

02/13 Secret Love

Quote From: carolenieto

NO, I dont think YOU are the reason they divorced...you brought to the surface what she had buried, and she had to face it head on, and SHE made the decision to divorce. I dont know if what you did was right or wrong, not for me to say...

It was wrong of her to get involved! She should have said "That's great! I'm glad things worked out for you!" Then shut her mouth and left it well enough alone. But NO she had to say things that purposely brought all that pain back up. IT WAS HER DARN FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe next time she'll use her brain and shut her mouth!

February 12, 2007, 10:16 pm CST

02/13 Secret Love

In my reasoning, I think that Bettie should forgive Molly for what she's done, & to put it all behind her (plus divorce her husband!). I guess basically she was trying to get her sister to see that her husband is not the one for her. Relationships/Marriages may come & go, but families are forever, no mater what. No man (or woman) should come between friendships/families.

February 13, 2007, 2:02 am CST

Secret Love

I believe that this marriage is in dire straits if John and Bettie don't come to a solution where both of them are able to get help together with Molly, her sister and their mother staying away.Nothing positive is going to happen if they stay on the scene. After they have had their counselling John and Bettie might then be able to come to a solution. I hope Bettie can forgive John and make a go of the marriage again. Because they have a family it's worth it. I think Molly should be away on her own, which will give everybody space. I hope John can grow to be more sympathetic to his wife's feelings and be truly sorry for what he has done, so that he wont hurt his wife again in that way anyway.       Maria3255

February 13, 2007, 2:23 am CST

Secret Love

Quote From: manofgoods

In my reasoning, I think that Bettie should forgive Molly for what she's done, & to put it all behind her (plus divorce her husband!). I guess basically she was trying to get her sister to see that her husband is not the one for her. Relationships/Marriages may come & go, but families are forever, no mater what. No man (or woman) should come between friendships/families.
I don't believe in one moment that Mollie did it to show Bettie her sister that her husband isn't the person for her. I believe Mollie had that affair out of lust for John and vice-a-versa. If my sister did that to me i would feel terribly hurt, devastated. In time maybe Bettie will allow her sister back into her life. Perhaps it might be too much to bear.  Maria3255   

February 13, 2007, 3:20 am CST

02/13 Secret Love

Quote From: lori_holly2006

well i had that happen to me before to my man did it to me he had sex with my sister after 12 yrs we were not married or anything but we do have a son togther he was having sex with her for the last 6 yrs and i did not know it until my sister came to me in the delvery room and told me so i know how she feels but i took my son and i left cause he lied to me and i could do better by my self and i think if  that is still going to happen she is better to leave and be by her self than getting hurt and cryin all the time and the kids should never see mommy cryin all the time cause they are going to think it is there fault way mommy is cryin and you never want kids to feel like that
dang that was kind of bad timeing on your sisters part  lol, she could have atleast waited untill after you gave birth to your son, i bet that got your blood pressure up and helped you have a speedy devivery tho, if i were a woman i think it would have me, i do applaud you for thinking about your child first, not many people this day and time would have cared!

February 13, 2007, 3:28 am CST

02/13 Secret Love

its kind of funny how these secret lovers just cant find a way to stay a secret  lol

February 13, 2007, 3:40 am CST

02/13 Secret Love

i think the poll is unfair dr phil, it should ask would you stay with an unfaithful spouse after forgiving them, to forgive does not mean you have to keep them!

February 13, 2007, 5:48 am CST

02/13 Secret Love

well i just learned that chimps were most likely the ones who invented the hammer  lol                                 [   WASHINGTON - Chimpanzees may have been using stone "hammers" as long as 4,300 years ago. An international research team, led by archaeologist Julio Mercader of the University of Calgary, Canada, said Monday it had uncovered the hammers, dated to that time, in the West African country Ivory Coast. It would be the earliest known use of tools by chimpanzees.    ].              but im not really suprised at this, after all chimps were the first space travelers of this world lol, maybe we all could learn something from these critters, and possibly how to not cheate on our spouces.  lol john could learn something from them for sure ,he cant seem to figure out why his wife cant get over him sleeping with her sister. maybe we should ask the chimps who invented the unfaithful spouce, they do after all seem to be in posistion to answer these kind of questions  lol. hell they beat man to space!!!  lol

February 13, 2007, 5:55 am CST

sisters

Quote From: flthomcat

Although forgiveness is always possible and be a personal goal (we take back our power when we forgive), there is never any excuse for a sister to turn on a sister (or brother to turn on a brother, etc).

As the saying goes, "Blood is thicker than water." Or at least that's the way it's supposed to be. I believe it would take me years and years before I could learn to forgive my sister had she cheated with my husband. His wrong would hurt me so much, but my sister's wrong would about kill me!

I totally agree...it would destroy me!  I could never even imagine my sisters doing such a terrible thing.  Where are the morals here?  Did the parents not instill them in their children?  It blows me away that there are sisters who could actually do something like this.

February 13, 2007, 6:00 am CST

Brave soul??

Quote From: jonray62866

we must see this from all sides. we do not know what was going through john's mind. he did make a mistake, but a person can learn from their mistakes and he can make sure that it never happens again. we do not know what has gone on between bettie and molly in the past. their feelings toward each other could be brewing from long past. john might have been a man in the middle of two sister that hate each other with a passion. he has to love his wife dearly and want to make right to confront this on national tv. in my eyes that takes a very brave soul. hopefuly he can make this right good luck

Brave soul my ***!!  It takes a total jerk to even consider doing what he did.  Brave soul....don't make me laugh.  This would be one mistake I could NEVER forgive.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last