Message Boards

Topic : 02/14 Valentine Troubles

Number of Replies: 155
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 09, 2007, 02:42:55 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you ready for Valentine's Day, or are you feeling romantically challenged? Dr. Phil joins with Robin in tackling romance dilemmas. First up, Thomas is obsessed with deer hunting and is often away from home practicing his sport, including on Valentine's Day. His girlfriend, Carlye, wonders if he will ever make their relationship top priority. Will she have her answer after the show? Next, Darla wishes her husband, Allen, would get some help in the romance department. He proposed to her over the phone and took her to Oktoberfest for their honeymoon! Allen has a special message for Darla, and Dr. Phil surprises the couple with a Valentine's Day gift that will give them another chance to celebrate their wedding night and honeymoon. Then, two wives get makeovers: one goes from school marm to sexy siren, and the other ditches her mud mask and flannel muumuus for some posh pajamas. Will their new looks be just what their husbands had hoped for? Plus, if you're looking for the perfect Valentine's Day gift for the man or woman in your life, you won't want to miss the fun ideas and giveaways! And, a Grammy-winner performs a song guaranteed to melt your heart. Share your own Valentine stories and talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More February 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 9, 2007, 12:45 pm CST

Stick Up for Yourself!

Jodi needs to get a backbone!  You can't be bullied unless you cooperate in the process.  My husband wouldn't have gotten away with what she (apparently) is putting up with.  She needs to pin a smile on her face and run her house her way!  Where do these women come from?  This lady needs to let her husband know he's lucky she cleans, cooks and does the laundry as well as takes care of HIS children.  I did notice she finds a few spare moments to pluck her eyebrows, polish her nails and put on jewelry!  Also, it doesn't appear that she's missing any meals; guess she won't be running herself ragged doing so many chores that she's wasting away to nothing!  He may not be a real joy to live with but she needs to stick up for herself and refuse to be pushed around.

March 9, 2007, 3:15 pm CST

02/14 Valentine Troubles

Quote From: snez99

Jodi needs to get a backbone!  You can't be bullied unless you cooperate in the process.  My husband wouldn't have gotten away with what she (apparently) is putting up with.  She needs to pin a smile on her face and run her house her way!  Where do these women come from?  This lady needs to let her husband know he's lucky she cleans, cooks and does the laundry as well as takes care of HIS children.  I did notice she finds a few spare moments to pluck her eyebrows, polish her nails and put on jewelry!  Also, it doesn't appear that she's missing any meals; guess she won't be running herself ragged doing so many chores that she's wasting away to nothing!  He may not be a real joy to live with but she needs to stick up for herself and refuse to be pushed around.
I'm not sure how you ended up on this board, but the board you are looking for is this one:

http://drphil.com/messageboard/topic/2333

Maybe a moderator can move your post for you or something.

Have a nice day. :o)

August 15, 2007, 7:46 pm CDT

02/14 Valentine Troubles

Quote From: snez99

The school marm now looks like she's going clubbing where she'll probably turn more than a few men's heads.  How will her husband deal with that?  The look is certainly sexy but a bit? over the top.  And, let's remember, someone else created the look.  She'd have to practice a whole lot ro recreate it.  Does her husband believe she has the time to keep this up every day?  I doubt that will work out in the long run.  Looking atractive is one thing - all that hair, more-than-necessary makeup; it was more than was called for.
That's what I thought too, plus that outfit didn't suit her body at all.  She has a great body and they put her in an outfit that looked too big and the cut of the shirt and skirt looked weird on her (not to mention the bountiful overpowering red lippy and foundation that was too dark).  You don't have to dress like you're going out to pick up sailors to feel sexy, but with Cojo involved what else would we expect?

August 15, 2007, 7:53 pm CDT

02/14 Valentine Troubles

Quote From: judypar

i am so the man in this relastionship.  i have been living with my boyfriend now for 3 years and he is such a romantic.  my birthday is 2 days before valentines and all i want is shampoo, conditioner and hair brushes from my favorite hair salon and leave the fancy jewerly at the store.  he goes ahead and buys me earings, heart pendents, cards and flowers and then i feel obligated to buy for him.  this year he is getting a card and a scratch ticket.  please, save the money and leave the jewerly at the store and just rub my feet.  is that too much to ask.  in the past, i would break up with boyfriends just before christmas and go back with the same boyfriend after valentines and they still sent me gifts at christmas, my birthday and valentines.  i would tell the guy to not do that but he would anyway.  why do people hard it so hard to beleive a woman can live without spending money to be romantic? 
I believe it because I would happily get a hairbrush and shampoo from my hubby (anything would be nice :)).  I buy my own birthday, christmas and valentines day presents, this year on my birthday I took our two kids to see disney on ice while my husband stayed home and played games on the computer (like he does every weekend).  He doesn't even notice we exist anymore it seems, so be grateful for the romantic stage in your relationship (and hang on with both hands).

August 15, 2007, 8:23 pm CDT

02/14 Valentine Troubles

Quote From: malcolmdad57

Did anyone get the name of the perfume that smells like skin!!!  Thanks.  Have an awesome boyfriend 10 years my junior and want to try it on him!!
Why buy a perfume that smells like skin?

First | Prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next Page | Last Page