Message Boards

Topic : 02/14 Valentine Troubles

Number of Replies: 155
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 09, 2007, 02:42:55 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you ready for Valentine's Day, or are you feeling romantically challenged? Dr. Phil joins with Robin in tackling romance dilemmas. First up, Thomas is obsessed with deer hunting and is often away from home practicing his sport, including on Valentine's Day. His girlfriend, Carlye, wonders if he will ever make their relationship top priority. Will she have her answer after the show? Next, Darla wishes her husband, Allen, would get some help in the romance department. He proposed to her over the phone and took her to Oktoberfest for their honeymoon! Allen has a special message for Darla, and Dr. Phil surprises the couple with a Valentine's Day gift that will give them another chance to celebrate their wedding night and honeymoon. Then, two wives get makeovers: one goes from school marm to sexy siren, and the other ditches her mud mask and flannel muumuus for some posh pajamas. Will their new looks be just what their husbands had hoped for? Plus, if you're looking for the perfect Valentine's Day gift for the man or woman in your life, you won't want to miss the fun ideas and giveaways! And, a Grammy-winner performs a song guaranteed to melt your heart. Share your own Valentine stories and talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More February 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 12, 2007, 7:46 am CST

02/14 Valentine Troubles

Quote From: callitea

You could do a love spell

It's not good to do magick  if it compromises your integrity. =)  Besides, I'm not into doing spells. LOL

I'm married, have been with the same guy for 8 years, it's just that we don't think there should be one day that someone else chose for us to show our love for one another. 

February 12, 2007, 9:03 am CST

02/14 Valentine Troubles

wow i am so sad to see people not happy on valentines day, 18 years ago on this day my wife at the time gave birth to our son, nothing in the world could top this i dont think, no one could ask for a better gift, the true gift of love, of corse one of these guys would be nice this year  lol.

February 12, 2007, 9:12 am CST

02/14 Valentine Troubles

Quote From: fotoman1133406

14 yrs ago this Wed(Valentines Day), I first met my late wife. Apr. '06 I lost her to kidney disease. Now, I'm having to face my first Valentines Day without her...What am I gonna do?
I am sorry about your loss. I can actually feel your pain here but I do think you need to do something good here, doing something in her name as some one else mention could be a good thing, donating money the kidney foundation or maybe even some volunteer work. Also, you can help keep your memories alive, maybe try putting a scrap book, collage tye thing together of your wife and your time with her, reflect on the postitve and at the same time get your self active and be happy, which I can bet this is what she would want for you. I know, easier said then done, but one day at a time and you can do this, allow your self to grieve all that you need to, seek help if need to, you sound like a great loving person and I am sure your wife felt the same way..............

February 12, 2007, 9:14 am CST

02/14 Valentine Troubles

Quote From: aquajaws

Yes it has been 10 years- no sex- not even a kiss.  I am the worst when it comes to picking a decent guy.  The last man I dated molested my 7 year old daughter- so, I put him in prison and gave up on men.  Now my daughter is 17, and I am thinking about love again.  But I am too scared to even try.  I am overweight, and have been disabled for 6 years.  I just am not sure I should even try.  I am a great girl- have many talents and am intelligent, but boy do I pick the worst of the creeps.  lol  Julia Julia2006.jpg
Just take one day at a time and be your self, be happy and enjoy life. Know what you want, don't settle for less then you deserve and most of all love your self.

February 12, 2007, 9:23 am CST

02/14 Valentine Troubles

Quote From: calammers1

God has blessed me with my true forever valentine. We will celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary this valentines day. We've been together for 10 years. I met him through my oldest daughter while getting out of my second very abusive marriage. He quickly became a close friend and confident before becoming my valentine. Iwas even a grandmother twice over when we met and he was already friends with all four of my adult children. I am ten years older than him . When we became romantically envolved my children all said we were a perfect match but that it was hard to imagine him as a step-dad because he was their friend. But through the years they have all come to refer to him as "Pa"  ( and he refers to them as his sons and daughters )and even my daughters both wanted him to walk them down the isle when they got married. We've been through some really hard times and thr worst was when our 25 year old son unexspectantly passed on to be with God 6/3/05. We never had a honeymoon when we married and the very next morning after we married our pregnant daughter unexspectantly knocked on our door needing to move in. We can't affor to spend any money to celebrate  our Valetine anniversary bt it won't stop us from praisn and thanking God for blessing us with each other.Through the passing on of our son we realize life is very shohere on earth.
Yes, life is so short, which is something I don't think we think about too often.  I love my husabnd with all of my heart and I feel very blessed to have him in my life.  Life isn't perfect but I know for me personally, I have a lot of positive within reach and having the greatest husband a woman could ever have is one of those blessings.

We don't  celebrate Valentines day as our anniversary is 6 days a way, but we do not hesitate to to acknowledge one another and show our respect and appreciation which of course is something we do every day, Though some days are better then others, the love I have for my husband is one that seems to be growing stronger every day,  Just today, as he stayed home to be with our oldest daughter for a bit while I needed  to go out, I realized how fortuante I am to have such a lvoing and caring man to share my life with.

There may be some out there who do not believe in loving, and lasting marriages but I know I do and I plan on keeping it that way,  I think setting days aside for extra love nad care can be a good thing  but in my home, Valentines day comes quite often and for that I am well pleased one happy woman.

February 12, 2007, 1:05 pm CST

Over the phone too!

My husband asked me to marry him over the phone too. He called and said what the hell. I got up late for work. You want to go and get married? That should have been my sign right there. A woman wants that question to be asked in a special way. It doesn't take a lot of thought or money to make her happy. A walk in the park. A drive to a lake. Most women want to be asked in public. So the man can tell the world how much he loves her. Not over the phone like it is a big hassle.

February 12, 2007, 1:12 pm CST

Guy things?

Quote From: aquajaws

Yes it has been 10 years- no sex- not even a kiss.  I am the worst when it comes to picking a decent guy.  The last man I dated molested my 7 year old daughter- so, I put him in prison and gave up on men.  Now my daughter is 17, and I am thinking about love again.  But I am too scared to even try.  I am overweight, and have been disabled for 6 years.  I just am not sure I should even try.  I am a great girl- have many talents and am intelligent, but boy do I pick the worst of the creeps.  lol  Julia Julia2006.jpg

Well, I'm on the other side of the fence, I can't find anyone that will commit.

My late wife, when we met/married was 310lbs., had arthritis, chronic pain and several other problems. Through our yrs. together, some more medical/health issues came into play. At her passing, she was 415lbs, about 100 was fluid. I can be reached, if you wish...fotoman98203@gmail.com  or  fotoman1133406 yahoo im

February 12, 2007, 1:17 pm CST

Obsessed, but not Obsessed with Love

"Dr. Phil joins with Robin in tackling romance dilemmas. First up, Thomas is obsessed with deer hunting and is often away from home practicing his sport, including on Valentine's Day. His girlfriend, Carlye, wonders if he will ever make their relationship top priority. Will she have her answer after the show?"

I am VERY curious to see how Dr. Phil handles this situation and what the husband's reaction is and how & if he is able to resolve his need for hunting & making his family a top priority...

I go thru the same arguments over & over with my husband on prioritizing his "passion" for hunting-fishing & sharing that same "passion" with us, his family.  He thinks I am against his passion of hunting-fishing, but truly I am not...I just want some of that same passion!!!!

My husband sees hunting and fishing as the "guys outting" although I love to go fishing too. When he's at home he is either on the phone discussing the next hunting-fishing trip or glued to anything on t.v. (sports, news, etc.)! The only time we go fishing together is during our annual summer camping trip. Other than that it is strictly with the guys which is EVERY week for 2 days which are his only days off from work. I am not complaining that he goes sometimes, it is just his friends take priority when he has his 2 days off-depending on the season-hunting or fishing. Plus at his hunting club he has the liberty to sleep there! Hunting happens only with the guys, he talks about taking me more often, but I am not holding my breath.

For the 4 yrs. of marriage, I have only went pheasant hunting 2 times, I don't want to go duck hunting at all, but I long for SOME QUALITY TIME! Now that we have a toddler and I work from home with the baby, I feel he is being extremely selfish. Sure I can have my time off with friends, but I also want quality time with him, he doesn't really participate in MY activities, nor does he want to-gardening, dancing, exercising, etc. Like what Dr. Phil had said in the past, "if his friends had breasts I probably wouldn't see much of him!" Although he knows better not to do something like hunt-fish on a very special occasion!

Jeanine, Oakley, CA

February 12, 2007, 11:30 pm CST

To thine own self be true?

Quote From: jettav

Just take one day at a time and be your self, be happy and enjoy life. Know what you want, don't settle for less then you deserve and most of all love your self.
Yep I have for the last 8 years- that is why I am alone- cause I am true to myself and wont sacrifice my beliefs or the health and possible welfare of my daughter  just to have someone.  There are worse things than being alone.  Me and my daughter just went thru another crisis when her class was held hostage last August in Bailey.  She survived but is still  hurting.  I sometimes think that we are a sounding board for trouble- but no- we do handle it well, maybe we are here to help others, and if so- give us strength!  Thank you for your comment.

February 13, 2007, 3:44 am CST

02/14 Valentine Troubles

poor thomas, he better be careful lol, that name isnt a big hit on last weeks topic board  lol hope people dont confuse him with the other thomas, hehehehehe

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last