Message Boards

Topic : 02/14 Valentine Troubles

Number of Replies: 155
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 09, 2007, 02:42:55 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you ready for Valentine's Day, or are you feeling romantically challenged? Dr. Phil joins with Robin in tackling romance dilemmas. First up, Thomas is obsessed with deer hunting and is often away from home practicing his sport, including on Valentine's Day. His girlfriend, Carlye, wonders if he will ever make their relationship top priority. Will she have her answer after the show? Next, Darla wishes her husband, Allen, would get some help in the romance department. He proposed to her over the phone and took her to Oktoberfest for their honeymoon! Allen has a special message for Darla, and Dr. Phil surprises the couple with a Valentine's Day gift that will give them another chance to celebrate their wedding night and honeymoon. Then, two wives get makeovers: one goes from school marm to sexy siren, and the other ditches her mud mask and flannel muumuus for some posh pajamas. Will their new looks be just what their husbands had hoped for? Plus, if you're looking for the perfect Valentine's Day gift for the man or woman in your life, you won't want to miss the fun ideas and giveaways! And, a Grammy-winner performs a song guaranteed to melt your heart. Share your own Valentine stories and talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More February 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 14, 2007, 4:11 am CST

02/14 Valentine Troubles

I guess I'm pretty lucky. After over 20 years of a romanceLESS marriage, I now have a great, romantic guy. I think the sweetest thing he's done would be...we occasionally go to karaoke, and he's not shy...he gets up there and sings love songs. He'll walk over to where I'm sitting, take me by the hand, and lead me to the dance floor. All the while, he's singing to me while we're dancing. It is TRULY a romantic gesture. He's very affectionate as well. I thought all of this would "die off" with time, and he has NOT. He's still just as romantic as in the beginning. Yeah...I'm very lucky indeed.....

February 14, 2007, 4:40 am CST

Proposal over the phone was jut fine thank you very much

My wonderful, loving husband also proposed over the telephone. He was in law school studying for finals and wanted to get engaged before he had to take the bar exam. He called me and asked if I could start planning without being engaged, but my mother put in her two cents and said no, that she would not look until we got engaged. I called him back, and told him what my mother had said, and he asked me if I wanted to get married at all. I said yes. He said, good you are now engaged, leave me alone and go plan our wedding.

And we have been married ever since.

So, Dr. Phil, there is nothing wrong with the telephone proposal. I would not want it any other way.

February 14, 2007, 6:22 am CST

Valentines Day

My  husband is not very romantic, but instead very practical. I'm not the flowers type (I do like food and chocolate!) For Valentines Day, he bought me take out seafood and steak and purchased and installed key deadbolts for our home. He is not here today due to a deployment, so his Valentines Day gift though very unromantic will protect us as if he were here.

February 14, 2007, 6:57 am CST

Happy Valentine's Day!

My husband proposed to me 34 years ago on Valentine's Day. I'm fortunate that we will be married 33 years in May. I'm thankful for all my blessings.

February 14, 2007, 7:15 am CST

02/14 Valentine Troubles

Quote From: mustbecrazy

I grew up on Schweitzer...learned to ski at age 5.  When my husband and I started cross-country skiing, we switched to Mt. Spokane...really nice trails.  That was when we lived in Spokane.  Now we live in Central Washington, so we enjoy cross-country skiing in the sno-parks on White Pass.  White Pass Ski Area has a really nice cross-country trail, but we haven't tried it...costs too much.  The sno-park requires  a season pass that costs $15 for the whole year.  We've never been to 49 degrees North. 

Cross-country skiing is a fun family activity...certainly not the same as a "date night"...would like to get out once in ahwile without the kids...our idea of a date is to go grocery shopping, and try the samples at Costco.

Oh well, can't complain...at least my husband is home every night, and he doesn't like hunting or football.  No Valentine's day troubles this year...we make our cards to each other on the computer and avoid the crowds...it's a way for my husband to save face if he were ever to forget...LOL

Our family is in the Schweitzer 50th anniversary book...I am one of 12 kids.  We got a family season pass every year...we had the cheapest rate per person on our ski passes in the whole history of Schweitzer.

Back to the subject of romance, since this is a Valentine's day board, we have none...LOL  We could use a little help in the romance department...we love each other very much...married 26 years...anybody have any suggestions on how to get the romance back into our marriage??  It seems difficult to shift gears and get romantic...besides, we have a small house and not much privacy...we do have a lock on the bedroom door, but the walls are not sound proof...besides, we are both so tired by the end of the day, we just want to go to sleep.

I think Jetta gave some good ideas. =)

I know, I'm sorry to get off topic. LOL  That is really neat though that you grew up on Schweitzer.  I only lived 15 minutes away from Spokane.

Anyway, I hope the ideas that Jetta gave work and that you and Hubby can find some more time for each other. =)

February 14, 2007, 7:18 am CST

02/14 Valentine Troubles

Quote From: maria3255

Where is Schweitzer in the U.S.?  I come from Melbourne Australia and I know where your major cities are on the map.  I also watch a lot of news from your Fox channel and I pretty well keep up with most of your major news. Here we are experiencing hot and very dry conditions and are in the grip of drought.   Maria3255 
It's located in Northern Idaho.  It's not in a major city, which makes it better. LOL   =)

February 14, 2007, 7:32 am CST

It's the meaning behind the proposal that counts

It's not the big rock, or the violins, or the lobster dinner that makes a proposal special it's the thought behind it.

My sweet husband and I had been living together for several months and we knew we would get married someday.  One night he was sitting in his recliner watching t.v. in his under shorts and I was sitting in my chair reading a book and he mutes the t.v. and says to me "if you want to, we can go up to Tennessee next summer and get married" I said "that would be okay" he said "okay" and turned the volume back up.  Three years and one baby later he still gives me butterflies in my stomach!!!

February 14, 2007, 7:39 am CST

Confused......

I've been divorced  over 4 years,  and met this wonderful gentleman, 1 1/2 years ago.    He's kind, thoughtful and very considerate of me.   We enjoy the same interests, have fun doing just about anything. He is everything that I've ever wanted.  However, I am not physically attracted to him.  He's very affectionate, but I have a difficult time expressing my affection for him.  I've been opened and honest with him, I've even discussed how I feel, and what I don't feel.    He doesn't understand.  I suggested that we part, and he continues to search for what he truly wants out of a relationship.  Its clear that I can not provide him with what he wants.   He recently had to relocate for his job.  He now live 8 hours away, but still insist we communicate and travel to see each other.   He loves me, but I question if I can love him.  I don't understand why I'm so shallow, he doesn't deserve this treatment.  Hes a good man, but he feels with his persistence, I will learn to love him.  I need guidance in what I should do.   Once again, he's a wonderful man, if we could just be friends, I would be happy, but he wants more, and I don't want to leave my home, and job to relocate.  He offers me a beautiful home, and tells me I don't have to work, if I don't want to.  I'm a very independent woman, and would never be happy staying at home.   I would appreciate any feed back.  Thanks

February 14, 2007, 8:15 am CST

bracelet from american heart associaton

I was watching Dr.Phil Valentines show this morning.

And Robin showed the bracelet   for American Heart Associaton while showing other gifts for valentines day. We went to the website...brightoncollections.com to find the bracelet but we did not come accross it. We would like to know if you could send us the information to where and how we could purchase this wonderful bracelet.

Thanks so much.

Patty.

you can contact me at my email.

blondechicky22@hotmail.com

February 14, 2007, 8:20 am CST

my hubby

ME AND MY HUBBY HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 10 YRS TOGETHER SINCE HIGH SCHOOL SO ALMOST 17 YRS. I HINT TO HIM ALL THE TIME OF WHAT I WOULD LIKE FOR JUST OFF THE WALL OCCASIONS. YOU KNOW BRING HOME A FLOWER EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE. WE ARE NOW IN A RUT WE DO THE SAME THINGS DAY IN AND DAY OUT. I LOVE HIM WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL. I WOULD NOT ASK FOR ANYONE ELSE. IT TAKES ME GETTING REAL UPSET FOR HIM TO RELIZE THIS IS BOTHERING ME THAT HE DONT' SHOW ME HE LOVES ME BUT THE WORDS I LOVE YOU I KNOW THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH BUT IT ISN'T SOMETIMES. WE DO THE SAME STUFF EVERYDAY. I WOULD JUST LIKE FOR HIM TO FIND THE BABYSITTER TO GO OUT, TO MAKE THE PLANS TO JUST SURPRISE ME TO GO OUT. IS THIS TOO MUCH TO ASK?? AM I BEING PETTY??

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last