Message Boards

Topic : 02/14 Valentine Troubles

Number of Replies: 155
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 09, 2007, 02:42:55 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you ready for Valentine's Day, or are you feeling romantically challenged? Dr. Phil joins with Robin in tackling romance dilemmas. First up, Thomas is obsessed with deer hunting and is often away from home practicing his sport, including on Valentine's Day. His girlfriend, Carlye, wonders if he will ever make their relationship top priority. Will she have her answer after the show? Next, Darla wishes her husband, Allen, would get some help in the romance department. He proposed to her over the phone and took her to Oktoberfest for their honeymoon! Allen has a special message for Darla, and Dr. Phil surprises the couple with a Valentine's Day gift that will give them another chance to celebrate their wedding night and honeymoon. Then, two wives get makeovers: one goes from school marm to sexy siren, and the other ditches her mud mask and flannel muumuus for some posh pajamas. Will their new looks be just what their husbands had hoped for? Plus, if you're looking for the perfect Valentine's Day gift for the man or woman in your life, you won't want to miss the fun ideas and giveaways! And, a Grammy-winner performs a song guaranteed to melt your heart. Share your own Valentine stories and talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More February 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 14, 2007, 8:29 am CST

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved the show today!!!!    I haven't like many, had a romantic Valentine's Day in a long time being a single parent.  Just wanted you to know that I shared in the love that You and Robin showered today.  Thanks.  Only, I would have loved to share in the gifts the audience got.  Next time can you run some kind of contest (like first 10 to get on line or a entry form).  I know this will even had more excitement to the show.

February 14, 2007, 8:42 am CST

Great Valentine's Day / Great Everyday

TODAY IS A WONDERFUL VALENTINES DAY, FIRST IT IS MY FATHER'S BIRTHDAY AND THOUGH HE HAS PASSED ON, I STILL AWAKEN AND SING "HAPPY"BIRTHDAY TO HIM...

I AM BLESSED TO HAVE MY 82 YR. YOUNG MOTHER WITH ME, SHE IS ABLE TO LIVE ON HER OWN AND STILL DRIVES AND MOST EVERY WEDNESDAY, SHE AND I AND MY OLDER SISTER GO SHOPPING AND EAT LUNCH ( OL LADIES DAY" IS WHAT WE CALL IT....

I HAVE 6 MARRIED KIDS ( 2  OUT OF THE 6  I HAD THE BIRTH PAINS FOR, THE OTHER 4  ( I ) INHERITED, BUT CLAIM THEM............13 WONDERFUL GRANDCHILDREN  ( 5 NATURAL AND 8 INHERITED ( BUT MINE) AND ONE CUTIE PIE GREAT GRANDSON......

I ACCOMPLISHED "ALL" THIS BY THE AGE OF 57......... GOOD THING I DIDN'T GO THROUGH ALL THAT LABOR PAIN..........AND STILL CLAIM THE GLORY HAHA HAHAAA HAAAAAAAA......

SO HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO YOU ALL..........HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO DR. PHIL AND HIS LOVELY WIFE ROBIN"   ( PSSSSTTTT DR. PHIL YA CAN SEND AN ARROW MY WAY BUT I JUST KNOW YOU WON'T.....AND KEEP THAT SHOW ON THE AIR FOREVER !!!!  ALSO........

COULD YOU PLEASE ALLOW US "LOG IN'NERS" US FAITHFUL VIEWERS A CHANCE TO WIN THEM GOODIES YA GIVE AWAY ON THE SHOW?????    PA'LEEEEEZ AND THANKY !!!!!!!!!!

February 14, 2007, 8:46 am CST

02/14 Valentine Troubles

For the past 3-4 years ive 'boycotted' Valentines day.  (Though, I always  give my kids a  little Valentines goody bag)  My girfriend and I would spend most of the day sitting around b****ing and moaning about the whole "commercial affair".  Well... it made us feel better!  LOL

As you can probably guess, neither of our husbands did anything about the day.  So we figured our best line of defense was to take on the boycotting stance.  tehe

A few days ago, my husband asked what I would like to do for Valentines.  I told him he was behind the times!  I had given up on that holiday quite a while ago!  He didnt much like that answer.  lol  (Dont get me wrong.  Hes a good husband and always has been.  Valentines just wasnt his thing)

Since I spoke up, this year he actually brought me a present!  :D  Stopped at a bakery and picked me up a heart shapped brownie with chocolate covered strawberries on top!  *drool*  As well as, our oldest son gave me a box of chocolates, our daughter gave me a bunch of very pretty tulips, and our youngest son made me a sweet lil "What I Will Do For Love" Valentine coupon book.  AWWW!    How nice was all of that?!    :D

Looks like my days of 'boycotting"  Valentines might have actually come to an end!  Now... if I only I can figure out some way to get my girlfriend(should say my girfriends hubby) on board too!    tehehe  ;)

February 14, 2007, 8:48 am CST

Great Valentine's Day / Great Everyday

HI TO ALL................ AM FROM OHIO..............SE OF COLUMBUS !!!

IT IS SO BAD HERE WEATHER WISE, WE REALLY GOT A SNOW AND ICE STORM THE LAST 2 DAYS AND EVEN TODAY, AS I SPEAK.........

ANYONE ELSE FROM OHIO?   BRRRRRR/ COLD

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO ALL.............

February 14, 2007, 10:06 am CST

in a rut

Quote From: smittykim

ME AND MY HUBBY HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 10 YRS TOGETHER SINCE HIGH SCHOOL SO ALMOST 17 YRS. I HINT TO HIM ALL THE TIME OF WHAT I WOULD LIKE FOR JUST OFF THE WALL OCCASIONS. YOU KNOW BRING HOME A FLOWER EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE. WE ARE NOW IN A RUT WE DO THE SAME THINGS DAY IN AND DAY OUT. I LOVE HIM WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL. I WOULD NOT ASK FOR ANYONE ELSE. IT TAKES ME GETTING REAL UPSET FOR HIM TO RELIZE THIS IS BOTHERING ME THAT HE DONT' SHOW ME HE LOVES ME BUT THE WORDS I LOVE YOU I KNOW THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH BUT IT ISN'T SOMETIMES. WE DO THE SAME STUFF EVERYDAY. I WOULD JUST LIKE FOR HIM TO FIND THE BABYSITTER TO GO OUT, TO MAKE THE PLANS TO JUST SURPRISE ME TO GO OUT. IS THIS TOO MUCH TO ASK?? AM I BEING PETTY??

I don't think men get the hints we drop about surprises.  We don't have a lot of money, but a single flower once in awhile would be nice.  During the Spring and Summer, even a rose picked on the way in the door would be nice.  Men have so much other stuff on their minds, I think that they just don't think of the nice things that they 'should" be doing for us ladies.

We have been married 26 years today.  I do a lot of special little things for my husband, and he appreciates all that I do.  I don't feel at all that we have a "one-sided" relationship.  He shows that he loves me in ways other than little surprises.  He goes to work every day, and he comes home every night.  We hug and kiss whenever he leaves in the morning.  He's not off with the "boys"...he's home with us.  We do a lot of things together as a family.  He's a great dad.  Our marriage has lasted 26 years because we don't hold grudges.  I'm sure my husband wishes that I were better at keeping the house picked up and clean...I'm probably the world's worst housekeeper!!  As I stated in a previous post, "a good marriage consists of two forgivers". 

Since the money is short, going out to dinner is few and far between, and we have to plan it in the budget.  We make up for this by cooking special dinners together once in ahwile.  He loves cooking, and he is good at it.  I do most of the cooking every day, but those times when we cook together are just as special as going out.

Instead of waiting for him to surprise you, try surprising him with a special meal.  Or you arrange the babysitter and plan the dinner out.  It will still be just as special. He will appreciate the special attention.  I put little notes in my husband's lunch once in awhile...he loves getting those notes.

We are  a little romantically challenged because we have three boys, a small house, and "thin walls".  Also, my hubby has health problems that prevent us from having sex...I wish we were more intimate, but we are just too tired by the end of the day.  I would love to have a weekend getaway with my husband once in awhile, but money is tight, and we don't have any relatives living nearby to keep the kids overnight.  We settle for going out together to do the grocery shopping...at least that way, we can get some private talk time.

February 14, 2007, 10:11 am CST

Happy Valentine's Anniversary

Quote From: rosie52

My husband proposed to me 34 years ago on Valentine's Day. I'm fortunate that we will be married 33 years in May. I'm thankful for all my blessings.

Happy Anniversary today.  My husband and I are celebrating 26 years of marriage today.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO EVERYBODY!!!

February 14, 2007, 10:13 am CST

YEP! Columbus also :)

Quote From: henwil2

HI TO ALL................ AM FROM OHIO..............SE OF COLUMBUS !!!

IT IS SO BAD HERE WEATHER WISE, WE REALLY GOT A SNOW AND ICE STORM THE LAST 2 DAYS AND EVEN TODAY, AS I SPEAK.........

ANYONE ELSE FROM OHIO?   BRRRRRR/ COLD

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO ALL.............

I am on the East Side between Reynoldsburg and Whitehall and I agree, BRRRRRRRR!!!!! LOL. My girls and I haven't been outside since  Monday. Hopefully it clears up some soon.

February 14, 2007, 10:21 am CST

Valentine's Gifts

Hi everyone.

For all of us that didn't get to attend the show today.... I thought I heard Dr. Phil give us a coupon code so that the viewers could get the Valentine's heart necklace too....  The coupon code was DRPHIL but I can't find the right website.  If it was diamonds.com I can't find it.... did anyone else here this.... may only be Dr. Phil that gives me a Valentine this year...

thanks....

February 14, 2007, 10:33 am CST

02/14 Valentine Troubles

My husband and I have been married for four years and have a boy and a girl that is about to turn three. What he has taught me the most is that it is more important to do something everyonce in a while rather then just my birthday and valintines day. I dated several guys who was ok with my love for sports but we only spent quality time when he was going to get something out of me. First of all I want to congradulate Carlye and Tom on the engagement. That was better then the one I received. I grew up around sports so I kind of side with Tom. It is great that he will cut back of his hunting. My thought would be that what is wrong with hunting Friday through Sunday. The most important thing is that he makes sure that he continues to spend time with her every week.

I do have to admit that if my husband loved hunting like Tom I would ask for my dream date. I would love to drive to the cabelas that is in the next state so that we can spend the day there by our selves. I am definatly blessed because I am getting him into sports litle by lttle.

Kristina

February 14, 2007, 10:55 am CST

Necklace

Quote From: santivimutti

Hi everyone.

For all of us that didn't get to attend the show today.... I thought I heard Dr. Phil give us a coupon code so that the viewers could get the Valentine's heart necklace too....  The coupon code was DRPHIL but I can't find the right website.  If it was diamonds.com I can't find it.... did anyone else here this.... may only be Dr. Phil that gives me a Valentine this year...

thanks....

Here's a direct link to the Ruby and Diamond necklace shown on the show:

http://www.diamond.com/customer/product_detail.jsp?product=207214467

Make sure you enter the coupon code DRPHIL in order to receive the discount.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last