Message Boards

Topic : 02/14 Valentine Troubles

Number of Replies: 155
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 09, 2007, 02:42:55 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you ready for Valentine's Day, or are you feeling romantically challenged? Dr. Phil joins with Robin in tackling romance dilemmas. First up, Thomas is obsessed with deer hunting and is often away from home practicing his sport, including on Valentine's Day. His girlfriend, Carlye, wonders if he will ever make their relationship top priority. Will she have her answer after the show? Next, Darla wishes her husband, Allen, would get some help in the romance department. He proposed to her over the phone and took her to Oktoberfest for their honeymoon! Allen has a special message for Darla, and Dr. Phil surprises the couple with a Valentine's Day gift that will give them another chance to celebrate their wedding night and honeymoon. Then, two wives get makeovers: one goes from school marm to sexy siren, and the other ditches her mud mask and flannel muumuus for some posh pajamas. Will their new looks be just what their husbands had hoped for? Plus, if you're looking for the perfect Valentine's Day gift for the man or woman in your life, you won't want to miss the fun ideas and giveaways! And, a Grammy-winner performs a song guaranteed to melt your heart. Share your own Valentine stories and talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More February 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 11, 2007, 9:22 am CST

02/14 Valentine Troubles

Nope.  No problem here, I don't celebrate it. Hahahahaha

February 11, 2007, 2:03 pm CST

No one in my life

The only people in my life are my three children, two son-in-laws and 5 (yes I said it 5) granddaughters.  Now some people may say "get over it", but not even a date in 6 years.  NO! not even an offer of one. I am 50 years old, and a student at a local Community College. Hoping to go on and get a Masters in Political Science.  I have no idea what I am doing wrong.  So, here it is 3 days before Valentine's Day and 9 days before my 51st Birthday with no one but kids.

And some of you out there think you have troubles.

February 11, 2007, 5:07 pm CST

02/14 Valentine Troubles

Quote From: elffie

Nope.  No problem here, I don't celebrate it. Hahahahaha
You could do a love spell

February 11, 2007, 5:21 pm CST

My Forever Valentine

God has blessed me with my true forever valentine. We will celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary this valentines day. We've been together for 10 years. I met him through my oldest daughter while getting out of my second very abusive marriage. He quickly became a close friend and confident before becoming my valentine. Iwas even a grandmother twice over when we met and he was already friends with all four of my adult children. I am ten years older than him . When we became romantically envolved my children all said we were a perfect match but that it was hard to imagine him as a step-dad because he was their friend. But through the years they have all come to refer to him as "Pa"  ( and he refers to them as his sons and daughters )and even my daughters both wanted him to walk them down the isle when they got married. We've been through some really hard times and thr worst was when our 25 year old son unexspectantly passed on to be with God 6/3/05. We never had a honeymoon when we married and the very next morning after we married our pregnant daughter unexspectantly knocked on our door needing to move in. We can't affor to spend any money to celebrate  our Valetine anniversary bt it won't stop us from praisn and thanking God for blessing us with each other.Through the passing on of our son we realize life is very shohere on earth.

February 11, 2007, 6:14 pm CST

02/14 Valentine Troubles

omg  you have a guy named Thomas this week too  lol and hes a deer hunter  lol, dr phil i hope you see the humor i see here  lol.

February 11, 2007, 7:28 pm CST

Valentines Day Troubles..

14 yrs ago this Wed(Valentines Day), I first met my late wife. Apr. '06 I lost her to kidney disease. Now, I'm having to face my first Valentines Day without her...What am I gonna do?

February 11, 2007, 11:19 pm CST

10 years without love

Yes it has been 10 years- no sex- not even a kiss.  I am the worst when it comes to picking a decent guy.  The last man I dated molested my 7 year old daughter- so, I put him in prison and gave up on men.  Now my daughter is 17, and I am thinking about love again.  But I am too scared to even try.  I am overweight, and have been disabled for 6 years.  I just am not sure I should even try.  I am a great girl- have many talents and am intelligent, but boy do I pick the worst of the creeps.  lol  Julia Julia2006.jpg

February 12, 2007, 3:13 am CST

I am so sorry to hear that

Quote From: fotoman1133406

14 yrs ago this Wed(Valentines Day), I first met my late wife. Apr. '06 I lost her to kidney disease. Now, I'm having to face my first Valentines Day without her...What am I gonna do?
My heart goes out to you this Valentines Day and I will be thinking of you. I really wish there was something to say to make this better for you but I know no matter what i or anyone else says will not make this any easier for you.  Do you have family to spend the holiday with? I truely hope so. I am sure all of us in this messege room wish you all the best in life and feel very bad for your lose. I will be thinking of you!

February 12, 2007, 5:31 am CST

Your lost love

Quote From: fotoman1133406

yes it is sad you lost your true love, but I always look at it this way.. if she was sick she is  in a better place now. And I am sure she would not want you to be sad... My husband and I lost my grandfather to a blood clot that went to his heart four years ago and then a year later we lost his grandmother to pancreatic cancer.  I always look at things this way, everything happens for a reason which we might not understand at this moment but sooner or later we will know what that reason is... Have you ever thought about making a donation in your wifes name to a kidney disease foundation... or to someother foundation such as cancer, or red cross etc.

February 12, 2007, 5:35 am CST

with no date......

Quote From: rosepink48

The only people in my life are my three children, two son-in-laws and 5 (yes I said it 5) granddaughters.  Now some people may say "get over it", but not even a date in 6 years.  NO! not even an offer of one. I am 50 years old, and a student at a local Community College. Hoping to go on and get a Masters in Political Science.  I have no idea what I am doing wrong.  So, here it is 3 days before Valentine's Day and 9 days before my 51st Birthday with no one but kids.

And some of you out there think you have troubles.

count your blessings and be glad you have a family... there are many people in this world who do not have families to call their own... maybe God hasn't found the right person for you yet and when the timing is right ... there that special person will be... see if there are churches where single people meet so you can get out and meet people . who knows mr. right just might be there.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last