Message Boards

Topic : 06/26 The Young and the Reckless

Number of Replies: 163
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 09, 2007, 02:44:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/15/07) The bad behavior of some young celebutantes is all over the news — Paris Hilton receiving jail time, and Britney Spears going to rehab. Dr. Phil's guests are spiraling out of control by emulating the celebrity life. Chelsey, 21, is a self-admitted good-time girl who loves limousines, nightclubs and tequila shots. Her obsession with partying is so bad that she's been in drug rehab three times in the past three years! Chelsey's mother, Renee, wants her out of the fast lane before she crashes and burns. Can Chelsey change her ways, or is the damage beyond repair? Then, 23-year-old Raquel thinks nothing of driving drunk, wearing sexy clothes and flirting with the boyfriends of other women. She even travels with an entourage! Raquel's sister, Angie, believes she's destroying her career by living the high life. Will Raquel sober up when Dr. Phil gives her a dose of reality? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 29, 2007, 7:06 am CDT

This may tick some off but...

Quote From: lorax41

Drunk clueless party girls are a dime a dozen.There is nothing special, creative or unique about what they do. They don't have the ability to think long term or to consider the consequences of their choices. Drinking to the point where your behavior takes a nosedive isn't a joke or simply young girls having fun. My teenage daughters understand that the guys around girls like that don't care about them at all. They are looking for an easy piece it they can get it. Girls  are so vulnerable to rape as it is  their carelessness is disturbing. Can girls afford to be so naiive and overly trusting? Also girls, whether you believe it or not you are teaching guys every day how to treat females  and what we females  want from them.  Why are so many girls unable to think things through or make smart choices? Someone enlighten me.......

I think it has a lot to do with the high number of girls growing up without a real, strong male influence in their life, namely a father. Weekend visits just cannot replace a father whose there everyday loving & raising them along with their mother.

Of course, there are exceptions...

June 29, 2007, 9:07 am CDT

06/26 The Young and the Reckless

Quote From: our4sons

I think it has a lot to do with the high number of girls growing up without a real, strong male influence in their life, namely a father. Weekend visits just cannot replace a father whose there everyday loving & raising them along with their mother.

Of course, there are exceptions...

I am certain that is a large contributing factor. You are so right. The stigma of being a single mother has pretty much vanished and there are many services available helping single mothers out. In the best cases the physical needs of the child are met and the mother is attentive and loving however given the staggering numbers of attention starved girls who appear not to think very well and who will go to great lengths( including degrading themselves) for attention and laugh it off as harmless fun - doesn't that speak to a much deeper need that isn't being met that we are often blind to or reluctant to admit? I agree there can be exceptions but overall something is broken in the way girls are being raised.............

July 2, 2007, 12:39 pm CDT

06/26 The Young and the Reckless

Quote From: lorax41

I am certain that is a large contributing factor. You are so right. The stigma of being a single mother has pretty much vanished and there are many services available helping single mothers out. In the best cases the physical needs of the child are met and the mother is attentive and loving however given the staggering numbers of attention starved girls who appear not to think very well and who will go to great lengths( including degrading themselves) for attention and laugh it off as harmless fun - doesn't that speak to a much deeper need that isn't being met that we are often blind to or reluctant to admit? I agree there can be exceptions but overall something is broken in the way girls are being raised.............

Yep.  And boys as well.  Ask some (girl or boy) about a 'Phillips' or 'standard' screwdriver........ No consequences to behaviors.

First | Prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | Next Page | Last Page