Message Boards

Topic : 06/26 The Young and the Reckless

Number of Replies: 163
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 09, 2007, 02:44:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/15/07) The bad behavior of some young celebutantes is all over the news — Paris Hilton receiving jail time, and Britney Spears going to rehab. Dr. Phil's guests are spiraling out of control by emulating the celebrity life. Chelsey, 21, is a self-admitted good-time girl who loves limousines, nightclubs and tequila shots. Her obsession with partying is so bad that she's been in drug rehab three times in the past three years! Chelsey's mother, Renee, wants her out of the fast lane before she crashes and burns. Can Chelsey change her ways, or is the damage beyond repair? Then, 23-year-old Raquel thinks nothing of driving drunk, wearing sexy clothes and flirting with the boyfriends of other women. She even travels with an entourage! Raquel's sister, Angie, believes she's destroying her career by living the high life. Will Raquel sober up when Dr. Phil gives her a dose of reality? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 15, 2007, 12:03 pm CST

They don't care about the pain they cause

These kids do not care who they hurt when it comes time to party. My husband and I raised our daughter with all the love and support a child could ask for. She did competitive gymnastics for  9 yrs and became a state champion and in high School became a competitive cheerleader. I spent every weekend going to meets and taking to practice. Upon entering the 10th grade she turned into someone I do not know. She is now so out of control that our family is in constant crisis. She has been arrested twice for underage drinking and caught numerous times by police and not charged. She steals from anyone in the family and about 80% of what she says is a lie. My middle son said "we need Dr. Phil" and we are going to watch the show this afternoon. The thing that cuts my heart out is that she has no feelings at all about how much pain and suffering she has caused this family. She could care less about having an accident. Her websites disgust and embarrass me. Every night she goes out and parties. She just failed 3 out of the 4 classes she was taking at college and was outraged we would not pay her tuition (she was put on academic probation). I am broken hearted.........and she will not admit that she needs help desperately. To make things worse my in-laws will not stay out of it and bail her out of every situation...thus no consequence....and I love them a lot but, they have over stepped their bounds and I have told them................I stay sick on stomach at what might happen next......:( thanks for listening

February 15, 2007, 12:33 pm CST

Librarian

I am so disappointed about the comment about librarians.  I know you realized it after you said it and immediately apologized.  But you can't un-ring the bell.  You obviously generalize librarians in your mind. 

February 15, 2007, 1:19 pm CST

Driving while under the influence

I am a family member of a person who has been killed by someone who was driving drunk.  The driver of the other vehicle was a high profile person in the communtiy and a school teacher.  He caused one minor accident before crossing the center median and then driving for several miles on the wrong side of the road.  He then crashed into the vehicle my family member  was driving.  My family member left behind his wife, 2 small children, parents, siblings grandmother, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews, in-laws and friends.  This collision could have been prevented but the drunk driver chose to drink and then get behind the wheel.  Not one person stopped him.  He took the life of a dearly loved man.  Our family will forever be picking up the pieces of our lives and trying to fit them back together.  It has been almost 31 months since he was taken from us.  We still at times feel like he is going to walk through the door or call or email us.

It is extreemly selfish for anyone to think they are fine to drive after drinking.  This wonderful man who's life was taken way to soon, was take from his two small children.  To his son he was everything.  He will no longer have his Daddy to teach him and to be his best bud.  His daughter was not even a year old. She will only know her Daddy from pictures and stories.  She will never have her Daddy walk her down the isle when she gets married.  His wife's hopes and dreams were ripped from her.  My family member has nieces and nephews that were babies when he was killed.  He has had more nieces and nephews born since.  These children will never know their uncle.  The community is lost.  All this has happened due to one person driving drunk.

So there is no safe way to drink and drive.  Keep in mind the fact that when you drink you loose the part of you that reasons thing.  So if you are going to be drinking (or using drugs) be sure you have someone that has not been drinking or using drugs drive.  Don't take another loved one away from his or her family. 

In our case one person was killed but a part of each family member has died.

February 15, 2007, 1:38 pm CST

get help... please girls

my son died at the young age of 23 and you talk about suicide... get a grip.... get your acts together.. life is not a party and quit blaming everyone else including your family for your stupidity.  you girls are all pretty and focus your life on getting a good education, go into something that will get you places in life, modeling, become a doctor..... not showing off your butts in clubs.  Men have a name for women that do what you do... you don't give a crap... OMG... i would kick my daughter's butt if she did something like that.. ohhhhhhh the more i watch this show the sicker it's makes me...

February 15, 2007, 1:40 pm CST

Been There Done That

I used to be just like that. You get wrapped up in the lifestyle, and the clubs and club people become your life. I am a bartender and fortunately was able to live the rock star lifestyle and survive. I make fun of the people that throw there money at me trying to look cool. They spend there rent on there new shades to wear in the dark night club. They can't see anything ! We call them the 25,000 dollar millionionares. I want thaose girls to know something the club kids are not going to be there when she quits partying w/ them. That is their bond to each other, trust me! That bond fades when the drugs stop.

February 15, 2007, 1:43 pm CST

Disappointed in both sides on the chesley

I have to say its sad. For one Drinking at 18 an under.. Under age so whos buying parents an letting it go on in there own home an knowing its happening.  I Had rules at 18 i still have rules living under my parents roof its there home. Second she is very disrespectful  Yet her parents are going out paying her bills  buying things allowing it to happen. At age of 18 my sister didnt want to follow my moms Rules  she said i am a adult. She said fine you dont want to obey my rules under my roof your an adult theres the door dont let hit you in the azz. Prob i think is now days parents let kids grow up to fast. I thank my mother for not letting me wear make up an date till 16 being a kid. Making me go out sode when i was young an play games not sit in front of tv or listen to trashy music.  An I grew up in bad area an seen drugs  but didnt make we want to do them. My mom told me story when she was 21 she was drinking her life a way. She said she got up 1 morning realized it wasnt worth the waste an poored it down the drain.  I dont believe it is a disease I believe it is a habbit an any one can stop it who wants to an shouldnt use excuses.. If we wanted to do that the whole world would be acholices or  druggies lol  I think to alot its easy way out. An for these Kids they dont want a responsiblity they want mommy an Daddy to pay for everything. An they have to realise our parents maybe a friend in way but we cant always tell them everything. Because there has to be line. Even though me an my mom are very close  there is a line.  As far as using the fame as excuse its no reason . boy for us 80s kids we should be strung on drugs bad shouldnt we like the 70s an the 60s.

February 15, 2007, 1:51 pm CST

Thou shall not...

I'm curious to see whether Chelsey failed at her three trips to rehab or did she complete it and just doesn't get it.  And, Raquel just seems to have an AGENDA to go down the list and break each of the Ten Commandments.  Either way, hopefully this exposure will point them in the right direction.

February 15, 2007, 1:55 pm CST

I agree

Quote From: kaykwilts

The sad thing about Brittney, Paris and all the other mindless tabloid stars is that they think it is cute to act slutty.  They enjoy being in the tabloids week after week.  Good grief!  Britney is a mother now.  She needs to start acting like one.
I agree with what you say about Brittney and Paris and all the other celebs or whatever they are.  I really don't think the celebs are all at fault although I don't care for them  but these girls should have enough self respect to know that this is wrong with what they are doing.  Chelsey was trying to put the blame on her mom and  Raquel thinks it is a joke.  I really think Raquel just wants to be on TV so that she can get more attention.  I don't think she wants to be helped although the show isn't over yet here.  I just had to get away from the TV because I didn't want to throw something at the screen.

February 15, 2007, 2:06 pm CST

02/15 The Young and the Reckless

Quote From: amotherstears

I am in recovery and i know what living in the fast lane can do to you,your soul,and the people who you love and love you.using starts with pain and ends with pain.See,people that use like that are not happy they are probably hurting inside.Its a selfish way to handle things......Its a prison without bars(for now)that seems worse then the one with bars.....Addiction,   to  me,  is something like this....."Heres a dog tied to a tree,theres a piece of meat that hes after but the chains to short it will not allow the dog to get the meat....He tries over and over agian,choking himself to get that piece of meat that seems so good.The moon settles and hes still after this meat,He still contiues to try for the meat even though going after the meat is choking him......Now dont look further than needed   in my story,I love animals but i was only trying to point out what this disease does...you go after that drink or drug even though you know its gonna choke ya.....thats the crazy thing about it and it repeats itself...If nothing changes,nothing changes.....
I dont believe acholism is a Disease.  I have my opinion an many that agree with my friends an others i have worked with an fam. Yes My Moms Blood father Died from Liver failer cause he Drinked his self to death. My mom Drinked at a point in her life time she Choose to Poor it down the Drain  she because for one she knew she was wasting her life away. I could say I had acholism cause i went out an partied  2 yrs after i divorced.  My sister dont drink.  Should we start say there is caffeene  disease or chocolate disease or  cheese diease . To me it someone obsessed with the taste an dont know how to let it go. Disease lets see  Alzheimers, Epilepsy,  cancer, you cant  help getting those  .. Achol an drugs You have the choice to choose picking up the bottle an taking a drink. I didnt take drink till i was 26 yrs old i could  of took one at 21 .  But didnt I got asked if i wanted to smoke pot i seen it growing up before my eyes even seen it grown to say.  I choose  not to smoke it an never want to nor do i want to smoke cig. I have drinked 2 xs out the past 5 yrs an that was on choice. Everyone has mind to choose to go buy the achol cigs an drugs. An to talk of pure pressure.. I can say i had alot i grew up with have over 15 seizures granmals a week,  ppl made fun of me beat me up ect. I had 3 friends  an that i am friends with to this day that stood by me but i didnt meet them till the last 3 yrs of high school. So to say pure pressure. Kids need to be there self not try to be like others an not worry what others think because the ones like that turn out to be the better person. An show that they are there self an not being like others but being there self.

February 15, 2007, 2:07 pm CST

my opinion

Quote From: amotherstears

I am in recovery and i know what living in the fast lane can do to you,your soul,and the people who you love and love you.using starts with pain and ends with pain.See,people that use like that are not happy they are probably hurting inside.Its a selfish way to handle things......Its a prison without bars(for now)that seems worse then the one with bars.....Addiction,   to  me,  is something like this....."Heres a dog tied to a tree,theres a piece of meat that hes after but the chains to short it will not allow the dog to get the meat....He tries over and over agian,choking himself to get that piece of meat that seems so good.The moon settles and hes still after this meat,He still contiues to try for the meat even though going after the meat is choking him......Now dont look further than needed   in my story,I love animals but i was only trying to point out what this disease does...you go after that drink or drug even though you know its gonna choke ya.....thats the crazy thing about it and it repeats itself...If nothing changes,nothing changes.....
I dont believe acholism is a Disease.  I have my opinion an many that agree with my friends an others i have worked with an fam. Yes My Moms Blood father Died from Liver failer cause he Drinked his self to death. My mom Drinked at a point in her life time she Choose to Poor it down the Drain  she because for one she knew she was wasting her life away. I could say I had acholism cause i went out an partied  2 yrs after i divorced.  My sister dont drink.  Should we start say there is caffeene  disease or chocolate disease or  cheese diease . To me it someone obsessed with the taste an dont know how to let it go. Disease lets see  Alzheimers, Epilepsy,  cancer, you cant  help getting those  .. Achol an drugs You have the choice to choose picking up the bottle an taking a drink. I didnt take drink till i was 26 yrs old i could  of took one at 21 .  But didnt I got asked if i wanted to smoke pot i seen it growing up before my eyes even seen it grown to say.  I choose  not to smoke it an never want to nor do i want to smoke cig. I have drinked 2 xs out the past 5 yrs an that was on choice. Everyone has mind to choose to go buy the achol cigs an drugs. An to talk of pure pressure.. I can say i had alot i grew up with have over 15 seizures granmals a week,  ppl made fun of me beat me up ect. I had 3 friends  an that i am friends with to this day that stood by me but i didnt meet them till the last 3 yrs of high school. So to say pure pressure. Kids need to be there self not try to be like others an not worry what others think because the ones like that turn out to be the better person. An show that they are there self an not being like others but being there self.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last