Message Boards

Topic : 06/26 The Young and the Reckless

Number of Replies: 163
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 09, 2007, 02:44:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/15/07) The bad behavior of some young celebutantes is all over the news — Paris Hilton receiving jail time, and Britney Spears going to rehab. Dr. Phil's guests are spiraling out of control by emulating the celebrity life. Chelsey, 21, is a self-admitted good-time girl who loves limousines, nightclubs and tequila shots. Her obsession with partying is so bad that she's been in drug rehab three times in the past three years! Chelsey's mother, Renee, wants her out of the fast lane before she crashes and burns. Can Chelsey change her ways, or is the damage beyond repair? Then, 23-year-old Raquel thinks nothing of driving drunk, wearing sexy clothes and flirting with the boyfriends of other women. She even travels with an entourage! Raquel's sister, Angie, believes she's destroying her career by living the high life. Will Raquel sober up when Dr. Phil gives her a dose of reality? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 15, 2007, 2:08 pm CST

This breaks my heart...

I think most young adults believe that they are invincible one way or another.  Until recently, I believe I was probably the same way, bad things just don't happen to you or someone you know.  They happen to other people.  Although I may have never been the "party" type, I'm a full-time student, mom and wife; it doesn't matter who you are or what you do, your life can change in an instant.  My best friend for most of my life enjoyed having fun like most people, although she was quiet, and rarely drank.  Just over a month ago, buckled into the backseat of a truck, she was killed in a car accident.  She was the only one strapped into her seat and the only one that died.  The driver had been drinking.  It breaks my heart to see young girls putting their lives and others at unneccessary risk just for a night of fun.  They are very lucky to have the chance at another day, considering their past, and I truly hope that they have both learned their lessons.  My friend would have loved another opportunity at another day; there is a wedding dress still hanging in her closet that she was never given the chance to wear.  No one had the right to take that amazing day from her, or the other opportunities she may have had.  Not the driver of that accident, the girls on the show today, or anyone else who doesn't think the rules apply to them.  I just wonder what it takes for people to learn their lesson, and hopefully its not something as permanent as death.  My thoughts are with them as they hopefully turn their lives around.

February 15, 2007, 2:11 pm CST

Hey girls! My brother's DEAD

He died on January 7th of 2006. He was in rehab and then relapsed after seven years. He was in a  rehab again for three days when he had to go to the ICU for an infection related to taking drugs and he never came out!

He started when he was a teen too. He never thought he'd die either. But he DID.

WAKE UP--you're not invincible.

Rachel  

February 15, 2007, 2:15 pm CST

Raquel

Quote From: mamakirk2

I agree with what you say about Brittney and Paris and all the other celebs or whatever they are.  I really don't think the celebs are all at fault although I don't care for them  but these girls should have enough self respect to know that this is wrong with what they are doing.  Chelsey was trying to put the blame on her mom and  Raquel thinks it is a joke.  I really think Raquel just wants to be on TV so that she can get more attention.  I don't think she wants to be helped although the show isn't over yet here.  I just had to get away from the TV because I didn't want to throw something at the screen.
Is it just me, or is Raquel especially pretentious about her education...She says she wants to be a lawyer.  She's going to have to quit partying to work 90 hours a week, and i wonder if she can without help.  Law school is a different world from grad school, she's going to have to stop if she's going to get into a competetive school. 

February 15, 2007, 2:19 pm CST

02/15 The Young and the Reckless

Quote From: mamakirk2

I agree with what you say about Brittney and Paris and all the other celebs or whatever they are.  I really don't think the celebs are all at fault although I don't care for them  but these girls should have enough self respect to know that this is wrong with what they are doing.  Chelsey was trying to put the blame on her mom and  Raquel thinks it is a joke.  I really think Raquel just wants to be on TV so that she can get more attention.  I don't think she wants to be helped although the show isn't over yet here.  I just had to get away from the TV because I didn't want to throw something at the screen.

They should realize all the famous ppl who died of drugs like river phonex , john bloushy,Chris Farley, Dana Plato, an many more so why would these ppl want to be like the  famous ppl. I got shirt that i love the quote on it says  " Be Your Self No One Else Wants To"  people really need to learn to be there self  instead trying to be others

February 15, 2007, 2:20 pm CST

02/15 The Young and the Reckless

It is very frustrating to me to see young hopeful kids slowly ruining their lives.  I was one of those kids.  I started drinking and smoking cigarettes at the age of 12.  My drug experience started at the age of 14.  I was on the varsity team for both basketball and softball my freshman and sophomore years in high school but I let my rebellious life take over.  I lost myself.  I have been in and out of treatment 7 or 8 times and have been arrested 3 times for drunk driving since 2001.  I am just getting out of jail for serving 60 days for my 3rd offense and will continue to be on probation until 2008.  If I get into any further trouble I will be back in jail to serve my suspended sentence of 300 days.  During these past 60 days and the last few treatment programs I feel that I have finally received my wake up call but I am so scared of facing the real life.  It is hard for me to think of things to do that would be fun without having to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.  I have greatly interferred with the lives of my 2 young children and my family and friends.  I am now not ashamed to label myself as an alcoholic and addict.  I am the person who I am today because of the things that I have been through.  I feel sorry for the parents who cannot relate to their troubled kids and to be a better listener for them when they need it.  My mother still lives in the past.  I know that what I've been through will help me to be a better parent and to be able to recognize the warning signs early and I will always be honest with my kids.  I don't want them to have to learn the hard way like I did.  I wish the best of luck for everyone who struggles with an addiction of some sort.  It is hard but you always need to be honest with yourself. 

February 15, 2007, 2:28 pm CST

Yikes!!! Please take care of yourself!

Your mom is right. I know that is hard to swallow! You will fix things or you will end up dead. I know you think I do not know but I do know all to well. Please reach out and take whatever help you can get. Hope the girl that was on first reads these messages. Change your life while you are still capable! Seek the help of people who can lead you in the right direction. We are here for you.

February 15, 2007, 2:34 pm CST

So now what?

Okay so we all agree these things are not good, but what if you're the friend? You can't ground your friend. She refuses to believe you know what you're talking about because you've never gotten high, her mom let's her do drugs in the house. My friend is having sex with married men. She's lost all her friends and still doesn't believe her dangerous/stupid lifestyle is the problem. So now what?

February 15, 2007, 2:34 pm CST

OUT OF CONTROL

IT WAS SO SAD TO WATCH THESE GIRLS WHO BELIEVE THEY HAVE THE GOOD LIFE.  ONE THING THAT STUNG ME WAS DR. PHIL'S REMARKS ABOUT SUICIDE.  I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING HE SAID, BUT THERE IS A NOTHER SIDE OF SUICIDE THAT IS NOT ABOUT PARTING TOO HARD OR BEING TOTALLY INTO ONE'S SELF.

WE LOST OUR SON TO SUICIDE 2 YEARS AGO.  HE WAS NOT A PARTING PERSON.  HE WAS IN A STRUGGLE TO JUST STAY AFLOAT.  HE WAS MARRIED AND HAD A INFANT SON.  HE WAS BIPOLAR.  THEY COULD NOT FIND A MIX OF MEDS THAT WORK AND HIS LIFE JUST KEPT SPIRALLING OUT OF CONTROL.  OUR SON RAN OUT OF FAITH IN HIMSELF THE WEEKEND AFTER THANKSGIVING IN 2004.  HE LOST HIS VALUE.  HE LOST HIS LIFE.

YES, I AM ANGRY.  IT WAS UNFAIR.  IT HAS BEEN VERY PAINFUL.  BUT HE DID NOT DO THIS ON THE SAME TERMS AS THIS YOUNG LADY THREATENED.  AS MUCH AS I LOVE AND MISS HIM, WOULD I BRING HIM BACK IF I COULD?  NOT FOR ONE BREATHE.  I DO NOT BELIEVE HE WOULD HAVE EVER FOUND TRUE PEACE.  I KNOW HIS HAS THAT PEACE NOW.

I AM NOT ADVOCATING SUICIDE BY NO MEANS.  I AM JUST SHOWING THAT THERE IS ANOTHER SIDE TO IT THAT, WHILE SELFISH, IS NOT MEANT TO BE HURTFUL.  I DO NOT BELIEVE HE THOUGHT WE WOULD HURT AND MISS HIM.  SO SAD.

February 15, 2007, 2:46 pm CST

Again...I am in recovery,i was only passing on info thats been in the program longer then i have been in this world.

Quote From: dgreen75

I dont believe acholism is a Disease.  I have my opinion an many that agree with my friends an others i have worked with an fam. Yes My Moms Blood father Died from Liver failer cause he Drinked his self to death. My mom Drinked at a point in her life time she Choose to Poor it down the Drain  she because for one she knew she was wasting her life away. I could say I had acholism cause i went out an partied  2 yrs after i divorced.  My sister dont drink.  Should we start say there is caffeene  disease or chocolate disease or  cheese diease . To me it someone obsessed with the taste an dont know how to let it go. Disease lets see  Alzheimers, Epilepsy,  cancer, you cant  help getting those  .. Achol an drugs You have the choice to choose picking up the bottle an taking a drink. I didnt take drink till i was 26 yrs old i could  of took one at 21 .  But didnt I got asked if i wanted to smoke pot i seen it growing up before my eyes even seen it grown to say.  I choose  not to smoke it an never want to nor do i want to smoke cig. I have drinked 2 xs out the past 5 yrs an that was on choice. Everyone has mind to choose to go buy the achol cigs an drugs. An to talk of pure pressure.. I can say i had alot i grew up with have over 15 seizures granmals a week,  ppl made fun of me beat me up ect. I had 3 friends  an that i am friends with to this day that stood by me but i didnt meet them till the last 3 yrs of high school. So to say pure pressure. Kids need to be there self not try to be like others an not worry what others think because the ones like that turn out to be the better person. An show that they are there self an not being like others but being there self.
A disease is something you can arrest but ya cant cure......I chose to not pick up for almost 10 years...If i  chose to pick up i may never be able to put it down thats the disease of drinken and druggen.......Theres a problem in an addicts brain...They do not know when to stop......Your opinion is respected.....Ask a doctor about this if my opinion seems in correct to you....Ask doctor Phil.......Addiction can be anything....Over eating,Under eating,playing your money in those slot machines,and whatever ya have trouble reasoning with........This addiction thing dont neccesarely hit all members of the family.I dont know everything about it but i know enough to keep me clean and sober today.......I will have to go to N.A for the rest of my life.why?????because i am never cured.Oh,not all diseases can be arrested........

February 15, 2007, 2:48 pm CST

Christine is gone

Quote From: urban_cobra

I think most young adults believe that they are invincible one way or another.  Until recently, I believe I was probably the same way, bad things just don't happen to you or someone you know.  They happen to other people.  Although I may have never been the "party" type, I'm a full-time student, mom and wife; it doesn't matter who you are or what you do, your life can change in an instant.  My best friend for most of my life enjoyed having fun like most people, although she was quiet, and rarely drank.  Just over a month ago, buckled into the backseat of a truck, she was killed in a car accident.  She was the only one strapped into her seat and the only one that died.  The driver had been drinking.  It breaks my heart to see young girls putting their lives and others at unneccessary risk just for a night of fun.  They are very lucky to have the chance at another day, considering their past, and I truly hope that they have both learned their lessons.  My friend would have loved another opportunity at another day; there is a wedding dress still hanging in her closet that she was never given the chance to wear.  No one had the right to take that amazing day from her, or the other opportunities she may have had.  Not the driver of that accident, the girls on the show today, or anyone else who doesn't think the rules apply to them.  I just wonder what it takes for people to learn their lesson, and hopefully its not something as permanent as death.  My thoughts are with them as they hopefully turn their lives around.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last