Message Boards

Topic : 06/15 Biggest Reunions Ever

Number of Replies: 364
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 09, 2007, 02:45:44 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 2/16/07) Imagine your weight getting so out of control that it confined you to your home, to a room, even to a bed. Now imagine the isolation you’d feel when you could no longer visit your friends and family, and had to depend on another person for basic needs like food and getting to the bathroom. Cindy, 35, is approximately 500 pounds and completely depends on her 15-year-old daughter, Vikki, for everything. Vikki says because of her mother’s weight, life at home is one big fight, and the only time she had some peace was when Child Welfare removed her for a few weeks. Does Cindy put too many demands on her daughter? Dr. Phil surprises Cindy by reuniting her with her mother, Linda, whom she hasn’t been able to see in eight years. Then, meet a man who has been trapped in his bedroom for over two years. Bob says he hasn’t smelled the outside air in years and has no idea what the real world is like beyond his four bedroom walls. The last time he was able to check his weight, it was 900 pounds. How much does he weigh now? Dr. Phil surprises Bob with a visit from someone who’s become his biggest supporter, a man he speaks with every day but has never met. After seeing doctored photos of their thinner selves, will Cindy and Bob agree to work hard with the resources headed their way? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 16, 2007, 7:54 am CST

02/16 Biggest Reunions Ever

Quote From: lauralaschiava

I am in need of some advice and help.. I am going to therapy and I feel like I am living some one elses life, I never thought this would be mine..

I was in a relationship since 2000 with the same man, we had our issues, ex's kids.  I left him twice in that time frame and went back twice.  In early 2006 I left for the third time and two months later got married to someone I worked with.  He told me he had been waiting for my ex and I to brake up for the longest time but respected me not to interfer.  I moved out and within one month, the new guy (my current husband)  moved in.  We married in april and I left him in october to go back to my ex.  It is now february 2007 and I left my husband to go to therapy to find out what I really want and who I am.  My husband is in texas and I am in arizona.  He now says he wan'ts to move here and get a job. 

I am living in one of  my ex's houses and am in contact with him on a daily basis.  He want's to get back together, I feel totally secure with him.  I don't feel secure with my husband.  He cannot take care of me financially or mentlally, we are not really the same intellictually. 

We worked together and he was my knight in shining armour..he called me a princess and tried to rescue me..I felt that I truly loved him and know now that I was trying to resuce him..

This story goes on.. I could use any advice or welcome comments good or bad.  thank you

Babe,

Sounds like you are on the right track - -taking are of yourself!  Sometimes  right now is not the time to involve yourself in any romantic relationship.  Sometimes, we need to focus on only ourselves.  Don't go back to either of them.  Date yourself.  Discover yourself. 

Take some time to get to know you and what you like.  Sometimes, we women get so caught up in the likes and needs of others that we neglect ourselves and lose ourselves!

I guarantee you that given the right amount of time and effort [of focusing on you and your children only, if you have them], you will get to a place of knowing exactly what you need in a relationship.    And, if you do it right, you will hopefully find that you are capable of supporting yourself in every way, so that you won't go out looking for that "missing link" in a man.  Your "whole" self will start seeking out a "whole" man as a partner. 

Only needy men want needy women and this can only need to a disastrous relationship.  So when you get focused and get strong, your strength and intelligence [your Queen-ness] will be apparent to everyone around you.  Those losers will sense right off the rip that they don't stand a chance and get lost!  Both your exes will either have to rise to the occasion or get lost.  One or both of them may not like the new confident you and try to put you down or make things harder through this process.  Ignore them.  Anybody who is not please to see you develop and grow and raise your standards is not worthy of your friendship.

Keep you head up!

February 16, 2007, 8:16 am CST

That poor daughter!

That woman should be ashamed of how she treats her daughter!  Making her do all the cleaning, including cleaning a bucket of urine?!  Are you kidding me?!  How does that ever become okay to a mother??????  That poor girl - she SHOULD be taken away from that home and given a chance to be a child! 

I'm all for chores and teaching responsibility, but do that for the sake of the child - not because you can't get your fat butt up to do it yourself.  Her attitude was apalling.  She will be obese until she dies unless she takes some responsibility and decides she wants to be healthy for herself and her daughter.  She seemed more than just a little okay with her lifestyle.  Why not?  She has people waiting on her hand and foot.  Disgusting!!

I hope that the gentleman on the show is able to change his lifestyle as well.  He at least seemed somewhat contrite and wanted to change.  He didn't seem nearly as happy about his weight and his situation as the woman did. 

February 16, 2007, 8:25 am CST

Seriously messed up

Quote From: rd_craig72

I'm this womans care provider and she has a mobility cart and does go to the store for herself, and community college,and the movies and other shopping etc etc etc.

So this woman can go to the grocery store to feed her addiction but she can't empty her own urine bucket or clean her own house, she instead relies on her 15 year old child do it??  Ummm - she should be in jail for that kind of abuse!!  She has no one to blame but herself for not only her current lifestyle but also the fact that she will not have a good relationship with her daughter in the future. 

She can go to the movies and everything else you listed but she can't even go into the bathroom?  She has to have her daughter or husband 'prepare' to leave her alone??  Are you kidding me????

February 16, 2007, 8:40 am CST

How can she treat her daughter that way!?

This daughter is my age and I would never forgive my mother for that type of "care" I see it as abuse in my eyes and I'm not saying this woman is a bad person but she needs to see what shes doing is not right and not fair. Its disgusting and Dr. Phil needs to get them both help. The daughter freedom and the mother a new insight into what shes doing and to change her ways and fast.

February 16, 2007, 8:40 am CST

02/16 Biggest Reunions Ever

Quote From: russjc

Hello, My name is Russ, and I'm a friend of Bob who is the 900+ pound man on this coming Friday's Feb 16th show. I contacted Bob last summer after reading about him on the internet, and we've been friends ever since. He's a really great guy, but his weight has made his life really, really difficult not to mention full of pain. I contacted many talk shows onhis behalf to try to get them interested in doing a story on Bob, and the only one who got back to me was Dr. Phil's show. I hope people are supportive of Bob when they see the show, and don't judge him because of his size. He really wants to get his life back on track, and he's been working hard ever since the show taped this episode to do just that. I'll talk to Bob today, and let him know that he should try to come to this message board to answer any questions anyone might have for him. cya later Russ
I am really happy that you got the attention of Dr. Phil. Your friend needs outside help as losing this amount of weight will take a lot of dedication on his part and the parts of the people who care for him. I will keep him in my prayers and I wish him nothing short of the best.

February 16, 2007, 8:46 am CST

All of Us

Quote From: russjc

Hello, My name is Russ, and I'm a friend of Bob who is the 900+ pound man on this coming Friday's Feb 16th show. I contacted Bob last summer after reading about him on the internet, and we've been friends ever since. He's a really great guy, but his weight has made his life really, really difficult not to mention full of pain. I contacted many talk shows onhis behalf to try to get them interested in doing a story on Bob, and the only one who got back to me was Dr. Phil's show. I hope people are supportive of Bob when they see the show, and don't judge him because of his size. He really wants to get his life back on track, and he's been working hard ever since the show taped this episode to do just that. I'll talk to Bob today, and let him know that he should try to come to this message board to answer any questions anyone might have for him. cya later Russ
All of us could use a friend like you.  How about if I just applaud what you've done first?

February 16, 2007, 8:59 am CST

Lots of Help

I really feel sorry for people who have let themselves get that big. I have been fighting my weight my entire life and while I am not in near as much trouble as those people on the show today, I have been following the Weight Watchers program for a year, lost 35 lbs., and then gained 15 back when I had to have surgery (unrelated to weight). I am now following the program again and am hoping to lose at least 70 lbs.

I think it would be a great deal easier if I had a nutritionist come to my home and cook for me--ya right! When Oprah lost all of her weight, she had someone actually live in her house, shop for her, and do all the meal planning and cooking. Unfortunately, the "average person" cannot afford to do that. Oprah also had a personal trainer and I have wanted to do that for years (I do belong to a gym), but I cannot afford the price of the personal trainer.

I sincerely hope that Cindy and the other man who were on the show today will take full advantage of the help Dr. Phil is so willing to provide for them. I know I would!

February 16, 2007, 9:02 am CST

Im confused

this lady can go to the store and movies is hard to believe she said she cant go to bathroom without  loosing her breath what makes you think we believe she goes to restroom i think this young lady thats her daughter should be a kid not a care giver, i understand she loves her mom and she wants to help her mom but she needs a life if i was in her shoes yes id argue with my mom when she tell me to do chores, BECAUSE LADY SHE SICK OF ALL THE RESPONSIBILITY'S SHES DOING THATS HER MOMS JOB BUT CANT DO BECAUSE SHE CHOOSE TO EAT EAT , and i know its hard to loose weight but what do you expect you never get off your but, look I'm sorry if you think I'm being hard but you got a job to do is take care of your daughter not her 100% taking care of you, she needs you know more than ever in her teen yrs, now she just don't have you to take care of and be at you every beck and call she also has teen, pear pressure, i think if you love her and I'm sure you do you will get a 24/hr aids and if you cant give her to a family member to care for her not her care for them.their agency's that can help you . maybe you need to do things for your self your care giver says you go to movies and stuff THEN GET OFF YOU BUTT AND EMPTY YOUR OWN PEE AND #2 waste your self. what do you think her friends are thinking when they hear O now i see why she cant do this or that she taking care of her mother that can go to the movies but cant dump her own waste I'm sorry but thats ABUSE. I SEE WHY YOU ARE IN A CASE WITH ABUSE.PLZ UNDERSTAND THIS I'M SORRY I'M NOT TRYING TO DEPRESS YOU I WANT YOU TO LOOK AND LISTEN TO THE SHOW AFER ITS TAPED AND REALIZE WHAT VICKY'S GOING THROUGH AND HAS BEEN THROUGH WITH YOU.. A CONCERNED FRIEND. IF YOU WANT SOME ONE TO TALK TO I WILL TALK WITH YOU I WANT YOU TO KNOW YOU NEED COUNSELING  IF YOUR GOING GOOD I'M PROUD BUT VICKY NEEDS ALIFE A LIFE WHERE SHES BING TAKEN CARE OF. I KNOW VICKY LOVES YOU IT SHOWS BUT SHE WANTS YOU AND HER TO DO THINGS TOGETHER AND YOUR MISSING OUT ON HER BECAUSE YOU WANT TO EAT YOUR SELF TO DEATH, DON'T YOU WANT TO C HER MARRY, HAVE CHILDREN, YOU C YOUR GRANDCHILDREN? I'M SURE YOU DO TRY TO GET THIS HELP AND LIVE LONG FOR YOUR SELF AND YOUR DAUGHTER I'M WORRIED ABOUT YOU ILL PRAY FOR YOU AND VICKY TRENA FROM OHIO

February 16, 2007, 9:15 am CST

Understand the daugher!!!

I understand what the daughter must be feeling. I say that because i have lived it but the person that i lived with was at least 300 + and was 5'2 or  5'4 in hight. her weight was from suver depretion from her past. a past that she could not fix anymore unless she changed her ways and for gave herself so she can go on with life. to this day she still is deprest and still feel that everyone hates her because of her weight. she does go out now but she still is heave and when someone looks at her out in the streets she starts to argue with them. she'll them "what are you looking at"? 

when she lived with me she had me and my son doing things for her around the house. or she would send us out to get her some snacks. soild food would not stay in her system. she would olny eat on big meal and the rest of the day she would eat junck food. i tryed to get her to eat 3soild meals but she would run to the rest room as soon as she was done with it.  i have never told this to anyone but it got to the point that she would need my help in the rest room. (wipping her). I have never told this to so may people out loud or on the net for that mater. shes no longer living with me. i do know that she can handle herself in the bathroon now thank god. but she still eats the same and still is heavy. while i was living with her i gaind a 133lbs. the only diffrence was that i would do for myself and work out side and at home i had a son to raise so i couldnt let myself get like her sitting at home all day. there were times that i did hit rock bottom. i did live with for 7yrs and in that time i did as much as i could to lose the weight myself but with everything we were going throw it was hard. today i am working on losing the weight.  i still go thow my moments. i do my best to get out of it.

so to her daughter i say be strong and do your best to be positive and try to live your life as much as you can. until she can get the help she needs.i know that dr phil will do his best to help her. but remeber that unless you  mother wants that help is the only way it will work for her and you. is she doesnt feel ready she will not succeed in losing the weight. so learn to love yourself first. 

February 16, 2007, 9:18 am CST

1300 MGs

Hey U you are a Doctor and said that she was taking 1300 MG of Perecet per day thats Impossible thats 130- 10mg Pills or 52 -25mg Pills per day and NO Doctor will order any 1 over 80mg Per Day Please  Respond and TYVM  JIM MAYNARD. what does she do buy them off the street. Please

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last