Message Boards

Topic : 07/23 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 3

Number of Replies: 432
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 09, 2007, 02:49:12 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/12/07) Three couples continue an intensive workshop with Dr. Phil, in a last-ditch effort to save their marriages. After almost getting kicked out of the house, Nic and Amanda sit down with Dr. Phil to discuss their biggest issues: their falling out with Nic’s mother, Amanda’s job as an exotic dancer and the affair she’s been having with a patron. With surprise visits from his mother and the man sleeping with his wife, Nic struggles with his emotions. Can he get everything on the table and find some closure? Will Amanda be unified with her husband and tell the other man that it’s over for good? Then, Cherie watches from another room as her husband, John, talks with Dr. Phil, but it's not long before she becomes outraged by what she hears. She joins the men to tell her side of the story. Plus, does an unexpected visit by Cherie’s mother make John pack up and leave? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 12, 2007, 8:53 am CST

02/12 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 3

I dont understand the doc telling Amanda that if she wants her marriage to survive she has to quit her job.

Seems to me, her choice in work is the LEAST of their problems!  I know the doc is old school and pretty chivaralistic, but I dont think  where she works should have any effect on the marriage.   I agree with the poster who said what would you choose?  Flipping burgers for a hundred bucks a week or exotic dancing for a hundred bucks a night.  If I had the body and could get away with it(hubby wouldnt like it~lol) I sure would cash in on that deal! 

Also, I thought it was rather presumptious of the doc to tell Amanda that she HAD to tell this other guy it was over.  It sorta came off to me as he was bullying her into that decision.  What good does that do?  Seems that ought to have been soley her and her husbands call.  Pushing her into doing that seems a not too smart way to go about things, imho.  He should have let her(and hubby) make the choice and gone from there.  

Also... im STILL wondering if they gave did in fact hand over alcohol(sure looked like he was drinking a beer to me) to that Scott dude after his temper tantrum on last weeks show.  Would like a yes or no answer to that question! 

February 12, 2007, 9:31 am CST

Quote From: momisme2

I dont understand the doc telling Amanda that if she wants her marriage to survive she has to quit her job.

Seems to me, her choice in work is the LEAST of their problems!  I know the doc is old school and pretty chivaralistic, but I dont think  where she works should have any effect on the marriage.   I agree with the poster who said what would you choose?  Flipping burgers for a hundred bucks a week or exotic dancing for a hundred bucks a night.  If I had the body and could get away with it(hubby wouldnt like itlol) I sure would cash in on that deal! 

Also, I thought it was rather presumptious of the doc to tell Amanda that she HAD to tell this other guy it was over.  It sorta came off to me as he was bullying her into that decision.  What good does that do?  Seems that ought to have been soley her and her husbands call.  Pushing her into doing that seems a not too smart way to go about things, imho.  He should have let her(and hubby) make the choice and gone from there.  

Also... im STILL wondering if they gave did in fact hand over alcohol(sure looked like he was drinking a beer to me) to that Scott dude after his temper tantrum on last weeks show.  Would like a yes or no answer to that question! 
well i think after her job being what led her to cheating on her husband in the first place it would just be a matter of time before it would leed her to doing it again later on in life, no woman married really needs to strip her clothing for no man but her husband!

February 12, 2007, 9:37 am CST

If she has to be told to give it up-

Seems to me, her choice in work is the LEAST of their problems!  I know the doc is old school and pretty chivaralistic, but I dont think  where she works should have any effect on the marriage.   I agree with the poster who said what would you choose?  Flipping burgers for a hundred bucks a week or exotic dancing for a hundred bucks a night.  If I had the body and could get away with it(hubby wouldnt like itlol) I sure would cash in on that deal! 

If Amanda has to be forced to give up her stripping job and she can't make the decision to give up the other man without being ordered to do so- well, isn't the handwriting on the wall for her marriage? The minute her husband found out about the affair, she made her choice by not ending it immediately. The guy must be hurt, but he is also stupid. and NO it's not weird that the oldest woman of the three is the hot one- being hot is a state of mind, and some of us never lose it...

February 12, 2007, 9:43 am CST

Quote From: afraid

well i think after her job being what led her to cheating on her husband in the first place it would just be a matter of time before it would leed her to doing it again later on in life, no woman married really needs to strip her clothing for no man but her husband!
Thinking it was the job which pushed her into an affair is pretty naive.  

I understand how you would personally feel if your wife was an exoctic dancer(or stripper~whatever you wanna call it it!) but there ARE men, and women, who view things different then you.  Maybe I missed it, but in the two prior shows I never once heard her husband saying her job was a problem.  If he did, he must not have been to adament about it or I would have remembered.  He was unhappy about the affair, but I dont recall him going on much about her dancing.

Am I wrong about that?

February 12, 2007, 9:52 am CST

well i don't know how but i know you Dr Phil will find a way to help these people with there problems, i got faith in you. if man can achieve this i know you can help these couples find peace!

February 12, 2007, 9:54 am CST

Quote From: donnalena

If Amanda has to be forced to give up her stripping job and she can't make the decision to give up the other man without being ordered to do so- well, isn't the handwriting on the wall for her marriage? The minute her husband found out about the affair, she made her choice by not ending it immediately. The guy must be hurt, but he is also stupid. and NO it's not weird that the oldest woman of the three is the hot one- being hot is a state of mind, and some of us never lose it...
You put it perfectly!  it did seem the doc was "ordering" her to do that.  Least, it seemed that way to me.

Im not saying the marriage should or should not be saved.  Im just saying if her husband didnt "order" his wife to give up the affair, then where does the doc get off  "ordering" her to?

Perhaps I just have a problem with any man(even the doc! tehe)dishing out orders and ultimatums.  LOL  I could totaly understand her husband doing that, but he didnt, did he? 

February 12, 2007, 10:12 am CST

Thinking it was the job which pushed her into an affair is pretty naive.  

I understand how you would personally feel if your wife was an exoctic dancer(or stripperwhatever you wanna call it it!) but there ARE men, and women, who view things different then you.  Maybe I missed it, but in the two prior shows I never once heard her husband saying her job was a problem.  If he did, he must not have been to adament about it or I would have remembered.  He was unhappy about the affair, but I dont recall him going on much about her dancing.

Am I wrong about that?
then you are men and women who know not the meaning of love and marriage, if you love some one enough to take them as your mate for life you do not go into a public bar or dive what ever you want to call it and take your clothes off for money,i am aware this is the year 2007 but the values god gave has not nor will it ever change,you do not get nude for any one but your spouse when and after you say those two words [ I DO ] those two words mean you totaly give your self to one, [not many] [ naive i may be ] but along with that i am happy, no one can ever tell my son [ hey i saw your mom nude and put a $1.00 dill in her gstring for her to buy you some milk! hell her husband is scared of lousing her is the only reason hes not had a problem with her being a striper, wanna see him change wait till they have kids and another kid tells there kid what i just said, he will wish he stood up and showed her his true feelings then,

February 12, 2007, 10:14 am CST

Man Camp

I'm not sure I see the point in this particular show. These men act no differently than 99% of the men I have ever met.

February 12, 2007, 10:16 am CST

You put it perfectly!  it did seem the doc was "ordering" her to do that.  Least, it seemed that way to me.

Im not saying the marriage should or should not be saved.  Im just saying if her husband didnt "order" his wife to give up the affair, then where does the doc get off  "ordering" her to?

Perhaps I just have a problem with any man(even the doc! tehe)dishing out orders and ultimatums.  LOL  I could totaly understand her husband doing that, but he didnt, did he? 
with thoughts as you post i cant help but wonder  [ just how unhappely married you are?] if you are a man and think like this you dont care about your wife as a human being only the $$$$$ she can give you, if you are a woman and think like this well they wont post my thoughts about that but i think you get the picture here!!

February 12, 2007, 10:21 am CST

it striks me as kind of strange the lover didnt want his face seen on tv lol could it be hes got a wife at home and didnt want her to find out about him having an afair on her?  lol

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last