Message Boards

Topic : 07/23 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 3

Number of Replies: 432
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 09, 2007, 02:49:12 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/12/07) Three couples continue an intensive workshop with Dr. Phil, in a last-ditch effort to save their marriages. After almost getting kicked out of the house, Nic and Amanda sit down with Dr. Phil to discuss their biggest issues: their falling out with Nic’s mother, Amanda’s job as an exotic dancer and the affair she’s been having with a patron. With surprise visits from his mother and the man sleeping with his wife, Nic struggles with his emotions. Can he get everything on the table and find some closure? Will Amanda be unified with her husband and tell the other man that it’s over for good? Then, Cherie watches from another room as her husband, John, talks with Dr. Phil, but it's not long before she becomes outraged by what she hears. She joins the men to tell her side of the story. Plus, does an unexpected visit by Cherie’s mother make John pack up and leave? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 12, 2007, 10:25 am CST

02/12 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 3

Quote From: momisme2

Thinking it was the job which pushed her into an affair is pretty naive.  

I understand how you would personally feel if your wife was an exoctic dancer(or stripperwhatever you wanna call it it!) but there ARE men, and women, who view things different then you.  Maybe I missed it, but in the two prior shows I never once heard her husband saying her job was a problem.  If he did, he must not have been to adament about it or I would have remembered.  He was unhappy about the affair, but I dont recall him going on much about her dancing.

Am I wrong about that?
hummm her job didnt have nothin to do with her cheating? i guess she meet that guy at wall mart  on her way to work  lol and didnt have time to finish a conversation with him so he only showed up at the strip bar to finish the wonderful conversation they were having at wall mart check out, lol i think i see whos nieve here and it sure as hell isnt me lol go look in a mirrow so you can too see. 

February 12, 2007, 10:29 am CST

You put it perfectly!  it did seem the doc was "ordering" her to do that.  Least, it seemed that way to me.

Im not saying the marriage should or should not be saved.  Im just saying if her husband didnt "order" his wife to give up the affair, then where does the doc get off  "ordering" her to?

Perhaps I just have a problem with any man(even the doc! tehe)dishing out orders and ultimatums.  LOL  I could totaly understand her husband doing that, but he didnt, did he? 
 wow advice isnt an order, all dr phil said was if she wanted to save her marriage she would have to find another job, and he too offered to help her do that as well, and common scense will tell you if she wants her husband shes got to end her side line love affair, no orders were given, simpley choices!

February 12, 2007, 10:45 am CST

Quote From: afraid

with thoughts as you post i cant help but wonder  [ just how unhappely married you are? if you are a man and think like this you dont care about your wife as a human being only the $$$$$ she can give you, if you are a woman and think like this well they wont post my thoughts about that but i think you get the picture here!!
Im a woman.  See my screen name?  Mom-is-me.    tehe

Ive been happily married for 19 years.  How long did you say since your divorce went through?

We all the see the world differently.  I have no personal problem with exotic dancers/strippers.  I do not make any moral judgements on that line of work.  You do.  Were just different.

February 12, 2007, 11:03 am CST

LOL!

I dont understand the doc telling Amanda that if she wants her marriage to survive she has to quit her job.

Seems to me, her choice in work is the LEAST of their problems!  I know the doc is old school and pretty chivaralistic, but I dont think  where she works should have any effect on the marriage.   I agree with the poster who said what would you choose?  Flipping burgers for a hundred bucks a week or exotic dancing for a hundred bucks a night.  If I had the body and could get away with it(hubby wouldnt like itlol) I sure would cash in on that deal! 

Also, I thought it was rather presumptious of the doc to tell Amanda that she HAD to tell this other guy it was over.  It sorta came off to me as he was bullying her into that decision.  What good does that do?  Seems that ought to have been soley her and her husbands call.  Pushing her into doing that seems a not too smart way to go about things, imho.  He should have let her(and hubby) make the choice and gone from there.  

Also... im STILL wondering if they gave did in fact hand over alcohol(sure looked like he was drinking a beer to me) to that Scott dude after his temper tantrum on last weeks show.  Would like a yes or no answer to that question! 

Wow...seems like a whole lot of people in here are on a very high horse huh? LOL. I bet everyone making these huge judgements has never done anything "colorful" when they were younger.LOL...gimme a break already.  You seem to be in the hot seat momisme for your posts again....too funny.  Well, once again I am on your side. I did not realize we were in the room with sooo many perfect people.

I guess us sinner need to stick together..lol.  So bring it on!

February 12, 2007, 11:09 am CST

Quote From: afraid

hummm her job didnt have nothin to do with her cheating? i guess she meet that guy at wall mart  on her way to work  lol and didnt have time to finish a conversation with him so he only showed up at the strip bar to finish the wonderful conversation they were having at wall mart check out, lol i think i see whos nieve here and it sure as hell isnt me lol go look in a mirrow so you can too see. 
I'm sorry, but even if she worked in a retaurant or coffee shop whatevr, if she wanted to have an affair, she would, the place of work is just a job, whether or not to sleep around is a CHOICE, and yes she could meet a paramour in the checkout at Wal Mart or anywhere, it is the desire that will cause a person to cheat, not the place of employment.

February 12, 2007, 12:04 pm CST

Amanda

I still dont know if amanda even wants the marriage..
  and what is the other guy offering?? has he asked her to marry him???
  thow long has the affair been going on??
 If I was nic I'd want the dna of the two kids checked.. are they his kids?
  Nic obviously love Amanda very much.. but can he tak e the pain ??

February 12, 2007, 12:13 pm CST

Man Camp

I used to just LOVE the Dr. Phil Show.  I've watched the beginning of today's show and I'm so sick of hearing bleeps for language that anyone can figure out by the context, including children.  I'm so sick of such downer subjects as this.  I used to be uplifted by his show, but so many of the programs are about infidelity, sexual perversion and perverts (like last week's exhibitionist).  It's NOT for daytime tv.  Can't we PLEASE have more uplifting programs that make us feel good?  There are so many wonderful people in this world doing so many worthwhile and wonderful things, that there should be SOMETHING you could find that would UPLIFT your audience like you did when you first started the show.  I'm not going to be a watcher much longer if this continues.  I'd rather listen to music on XM radio.

February 12, 2007, 12:14 pm CST

Im a woman.  See my screen name?  Mom-is-me.    tehe

Ive been happily married for 19 years.  How long did you say since your divorce went through?

We all the see the world differently.  I have no personal problem with exotic dancers/strippers.  I do not make any moral judgements on that line of work.  You do.  Were just different.

ohhh ive been divorced quite a while, lol  sorry i didnt really notice your user name, i was just going by the way you defend such a job, ive only knone men who would defend such a job  lol, but in all honesty do you think you would be happley married if you were to take a job stripping? i look at stripping like flashing its wrong no matter how you chouse to sugar coat it, would you allow your daughter to strip? i sure as hell wouldnt.

February 12, 2007, 12:16 pm CST

Quote From: ohdang13

Wow...seems like a whole lot of people in here are on a very high horse huh? LOL. I bet everyone making these huge judgements has never done anything "colorful" when they were younger.LOL...gimme a break already.  You seem to be in the hot seat momisme for your posts again....too funny.  Well, once again I am on your side. I did not realize we were in the room with sooo many perfect people.

I guess us sinner need to stick together..lol.  So bring it on!

you have done just great by yourself lol, so go forth and strip in peace lol if that is what floats your boat.

February 12, 2007, 12:17 pm CST

Quote From: ceildh1

I'm sorry, but even if she worked in a retaurant or coffee shop whatevr, if she wanted to have an affair, she would, the place of work is just a job, whether or not to sleep around is a CHOICE, and yes she could meet a paramour in the checkout at Wal Mart or anywhere, it is the desire that will cause a person to cheat, not the place of employment.
yeah true she didnt need a job to cheate, but thats a damn good place to get things rolling i would say.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last