Message Boards

Topic : 07/23 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 3

Number of Replies: 432
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 09, 2007, 02:49:12 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/12/07) Three couples continue an intensive workshop with Dr. Phil, in a last-ditch effort to save their marriages. After almost getting kicked out of the house, Nic and Amanda sit down with Dr. Phil to discuss their biggest issues: their falling out with Nic’s mother, Amanda’s job as an exotic dancer and the affair she’s been having with a patron. With surprise visits from his mother and the man sleeping with his wife, Nic struggles with his emotions. Can he get everything on the table and find some closure? Will Amanda be unified with her husband and tell the other man that it’s over for good? Then, Cherie watches from another room as her husband, John, talks with Dr. Phil, but it's not long before she becomes outraged by what she hears. She joins the men to tell her side of the story. Plus, does an unexpected visit by Cherie’s mother make John pack up and leave? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 12, 2007, 12:32 pm CST

being a dancer

i do not agree with the one woman on the show. i am a dancer and have been for 13 yrs now. i am married and have children. if you are going to have an affair it is not about your job. dancing is a job. that  is it! not all dancers are the way people make them out to be. i have a really hard time listening to people put down a job that they have never done or learned anything about. maybe they should live the life for a day and see what it is like. not all clubs do men touch you either 90% of all decent clubs that are in the us, men are not allowed to touch at all. it is all about trust in any relationship. job has nothing to do with it. money is money and you know what if you have the body and ability to dance then go for it. my husband has no issues with me doing it! i bring home more money in one night then he does in a week. so any relationship problems these couples are having do not have anything to do with jobs!

February 12, 2007, 12:32 pm CST

man camp/ stripper

Dr. Phil,

I have always agreed with most of your opinions. But today 2-12-07, really was hard on the girl that was a stripper.. The other girls were attacking her, like she was what they feared, other women more attractive. The older guy has had affairs, and I would not want to see him naked and obviously either did the people he slept with before hand. And the other couple she uses her daughter to gain sympathy. What a B-----. She's messing her up way more than he is. She needs to stand up for herself, and show her daughter by not crying but kicking a male shovinst to the curb, not sharing tears with a toddler.. To me The stripper is the most together, Hell I would tip her if this was a competition, I hope she can see this and tell the other girls to check there pathetic selves and just because her husbsband dont forbid her (how ancient is that?) She is taking care of her business. That is what she did when he met her. And They need to kiss her ass..

Thank You,

Angela

Salem, Indiana

February 12, 2007, 12:55 pm CST

OMG WTF

What is this about? These marriages are hostile and not good for anybody. Why would Dr. Phil suggest that these people stay married? I watched on she months ago where the wife cheated on her husband because he was abusive mentally and verbally. When she got caught cheating and she stated she wanted to get caught, Dr. Phil suggested that they get a divorce. Especially since the wife wanted out. Now he wants these deranged people to stay together. What happens if something happens and somebody get hurt in the future. My suggest, these people are better off in a mental instituion than together.

February 12, 2007, 1:05 pm CST

I am so disappointed in Tara and Cherie.

Ladies, how could you treat Amanda the way you did when Dr.Phil asked you what you thought about the stripping and the other man? Nic and Amanda both told the guy that they were going to work on their marriage. Why couldn't you have been supportive? Shame on you!

February 12, 2007, 1:09 pm CST

Well said!

Quote From: mommarita

i do not agree with the one woman on the show. i am a dancer and have been for 13 yrs now. i am married and have children. if you are going to have an affair it is not about your job. dancing is a job. that  is it! not all dancers are the way people make them out to be. i have a really hard time listening to people put down a job that they have never done or learned anything about. maybe they should live the life for a day and see what it is like. not all clubs do men touch you either 90% of all decent clubs that are in the us, men are not allowed to touch at all. it is all about trust in any relationship. job has nothing to do with it. money is money and you know what if you have the body and ability to dance then go for it. my husband has no issues with me doing it! i bring home more money in one night then he does in a week. so any relationship problems these couples are having do not have anything to do with jobs!

Well said!  There is nothing wrong with stripping.  I know several well-adjusted, happily married women who stripped for some time.  There are bad influences in any job you take, even if you choose to be a nun!  When you think about it, stripping is the biggest power trip a woman can take.  SHe has all those men eating out of the palm of her hand when she is stripping.  I don't even mind if my husband goes to a strip club.  It just gets him ready for me!   If a woman is unhappy in her marriage, there is always a man out there who will offer her solace in his arms.  Most affairs are not about the sex.  They are about other things that are wrong in the marriage - he doesn't listen, he doesn't pay attention anymore, he thinks I am fat, whatever.

You are so right - dancing is just a job.  Those other women have no room to talk.

February 12, 2007, 1:14 pm CST

These men actually want to change.

Quote From: drakcots

I'm not sure I see the point in this particular show. These men act no differently than 99% of the men I have ever met.
The point is, these men admit the way they are, and want to be different. A lot of us, men and women never admit that we ought to try and treat people differently than we do.

February 12, 2007, 1:14 pm CST

these couples should give it up

what is wrong with these people.good god why are they still together.i would have divorced them long ago.i feel sorry for dr.phli he has to listen to all this garabage.give it up and go your own separate ways.there cheating on one another.and everything.god they don't have a real marriage.im angry that they even put up with one another.there sick they need help.they are all sick puppy's

cuddles05

February 12, 2007, 1:17 pm CST

I am amazed

Am I the only one who noticed that the men (including Dr. Phil) said they would not "let" their wives be strippers?  "Let"????  A man doesn't let a woman do or not do something!  I may ask my hsband if he minds but he never "lets" me do anything.  I do have a mind of my own and will not subjugate myself to a man.

I am still laughing at the presumptiousness of these men!  Boy would I like to say a few things to them!  LOL

February 12, 2007, 1:20 pm CST

Amanda holds the key

If Amanda values her marriage she will have to step up to the plate.She is the stronger of the two

and appears smart.They say before you marry a guy you better look at  his relationship with his mother.When two people marry they become one and should carry the burdens of each other.

whether  they be emotional.physical etc.This marriage will be determined by what Amamda wants.Good luck!

February 12, 2007, 1:20 pm CST

Grow up!

Nick and Amanda...........The Boo-Hoo Twins.  Nick sits there and tells his mother he was embarrassed about her weight as a child and thought it was his fault she was overweight.  Nick is just grabbing at straws and trying to find a reason to blame someone else for his own life,  the obvious bad choices he has made and the fact that his wife is making a fool out of him.  Poor guy looks like a whipped puppy.  And where was Amanda's mother and family.  After all they were good enough to invite to the wedding.  Obviously they are too embarrassed to appear on TV.  I would be if my daughter was a stripper.  And Amanda plays the "poor me" role and does nothing but cry to cover up the fact that she's a stripper and an adulterous.  As for being a good mother?????  What kind of role model is she?  And, of course, she is never going to contact the strip club boyfriend.  Yeah, right.  I have never been so incensed about two people as these two. Judgemental? maybe.  But also tired of people who blame everyone else and refuse to take responsibility for their own destructive behavior. 

As the for other couple, the first time a man laid his hand on me would be the last time.  I grew up with physical abuse and made a promise to myself long ago that I would never tolerate that treatment from anyone.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last