Message Boards

Topic : 07/30 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 4

Number of Replies: 269
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, February 15, 2007, 04:38:17 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/19/07) Dr. Phil continues his work with three couples on the verge of ending their marriages. Cherie’s mom, Joan, comes to The Dr. Phil House to talk with her daughter and son-in-law. She meets one on one with John, while Cherie watches their conversation from another room. John promises Joan he will work hard to change his abusive behavior toward his wife, but Cherie doesn’t feel he’s being sincere. What makes John so angry that he calls his wife names, rants at the camera and finally storms out of the house? Can this couple change how they react to each other, in order to get the marriage they want? Back in the house, tension runs high as Amanda and Tara engage in a confrontation in the kitchen … over spaghetti sauce. Plus, Tara and Scott go on their first romantic date, but the honeymoon period doesn’t last long. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 15, 2007, 5:56 pm CST

Spaghetti sauce?

Spaghetti sauce?  Are you kidding me?  You know what this is really about - the fact that Cheri and Tara "turned" on her in the last episode.  Cheri's out of pocket, so Tara's the next logical revenge target. I think they should focus on supporting each other instead of bickering.

How many Man Camp episodes are there-is this the last one?  I know they addressed the Nic/Amanda relationship last week, and the Tara/Scott debaucle the week before, and now the Cheri/John.  Is there going to be a follow up? 

February 16, 2007, 9:52 am CST

02/19 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 4

Quote From: gwarrior6

Spaghetti sauce?  Are you kidding me?  You know what this is really about - the fact that Cheri and Tara "turned" on her in the last episode.  Cheri's out of pocket, so Tara's the next logical revenge target. I think they should focus on supporting each other instead of bickering.

How many Man Camp episodes are there-is this the last one?  I know they addressed the Nic/Amanda relationship last week, and the Tara/Scott debaucle the week before, and now the Cheri/John.  Is there going to be a follow up? 

Spaghetti Sauce...LOL! I definitely agree with you on that these three ladies need to learn to get along. Haven't they forgotten why they were there?

Another note, this isn't the last episode. There's just one more after this one. I do hope that there is a follow-up to the three couples.

February 17, 2007, 5:47 am CST

I can't wait

I've heard a few things about what happened while they were on the show, and this is one of them. Amanda wouldn't tell us much, but I'm dying to see the fight...espically since the description says it's over spaghetti sauce LOL. Not to mention I'm very interested in seeing John and Cherie. I was in an abusive relationship for 2 years, and the only reason why I finally got out of it is because he went to jail. I hope that John changes his ways before Cherie gets the nerve to leave.

February 17, 2007, 11:10 am CST

What John has to realize that controlling women isn't right. What gives him the right to control & abuse them? They say that men were put on this planet first, & women second. But without women, where would men like myself & John would be? They're the ones who give life to more people. They're the ones who cook for us, clean for us, do everyone's laundry, contribute to the household. They're the ones who nurture you, care for you, help you out on your troubles. They're the ones who will let you cry on their shoulders whenever you're having trouble with anything. They're more compassionate, more caring, & have a lot of energy more than guys do (Of course, some men like myself are very nice, kind, & compassionate as well). I give women a lot of respect (no matter if they're good or bad), & guys like him should do that as well.

February 17, 2007, 12:28 pm CST

Old shows

Down under here in Oz, we are getting year old re-runs of re-runs.
By the time we get to see this show, the antagonists will have either more children, or will be re-married & doing it all again.
Last fridays show was a re-run of Bridezilla, & before that, the devious smiling Mum who had a history of  legal action relating to her interference in her 40 year old sons marriage.

We might be 7 hours ahead of LA, but for the mob at Channel 9 in Sydney it's half past 2005

February 17, 2007, 5:56 pm CST

hmm,

John storms out, Cherie's in tears, no big shock there

Scott and Tara go on a romantic date and end up fighting, no shocker there,

and a fight breaks out over Speghtti Sauce ( am I reading this right ?)

I thought the Doc was teaching them how to Play Nice ?

February 17, 2007, 9:51 pm CST

Relocate!!!!!!

Quote From: popinoz

By the time we get to see this show, the antagonists will have either more children, or will be re-married & doing it all again.
Last fridays show was a re-run of Bridezilla, & before that, the devious smiling Mum who had a history of  legal action relating to her interference in her 40 year old sons marriage.

We might be 7 hours ahead of LA, but for the mob at Channel 9 in Sydney it's half past 2005

Sounds like it might be a calling for you to relocate.  This Man Camp issue is opening eyes to alot of people in the same or almost similar situations. Though you are right by the time you get to watch this a whole new life system may be started...Dont worry it really is'nt anything you have'nt seen or heard before all that really changes is the name and face of each individual involved Dr. Phil just has made it an all open visual for us to wake up and learn to pick our battles and realize that life is to short for us to be playing games with one another and making our kids pay for our childish behavior to turn around and be upset when they end up in the same boat if not worse because of our teaching..No one on this show should judge one or the other because as far as i see it, we all make mistake and at the end the only one that counts on judgement day is'nt the person on your left or right it's only God himself and it's you and him straight up on your own doings. So I hope and pray that Dr. Phil can help these couples realize they have more to gain than lose if they will learn to work as a team and respect one another and be willing to try for each other and their children.  They can all make anything work aslong as they forgive, recognize, let God be part of there lives.  They all have made mistakes, but they all show to have a lot of pain and hurt hidden as well and need help realizing that no one is perfect it's okay to mess up.  Learn from our mistakes and be deternined to do better...

Keep peace in the waiting department Dr. Phil's show's are worth it....God Bless You

February 18, 2007, 12:52 am CST

man camp

At first I was really interested in this story.  Now, I do not care at all.  I do not think it is a story that needed this much time.  Putting the couples in the Dr. Phil House and then doing a two-day story with highlights from the house might have been a better way to go.  This particular story lost me with the stripper.  I do not believe she will change her ways at all and I think her husband is being a pansy.  Now that I have lost interest I do not care to see what happens with the other couples.

February 18, 2007, 4:19 am CST

Hi Popinoz!

Quote From: popinoz

I too come from Aussie land, in Melbourne actually and i get really annoyed and angry that all our shows are so old and get re-runned all the time.  I really love watching Dr.Phil and Robyn and i just wish that channel 9 get their priorities right and get the latest ones.  I'm thankful that Dr.Phil show sends me a newsletter every week so i can keep up with it all.  It would still be good to actually see the show on the TV though. I do hope that the people in the house do sort out their problems with Dr.Phil's help. I believe John will really have to work hard on himself to curb his abusive behaviour otherwise the marriage wont work.  God bless all.  Regards Loredana

February 18, 2007, 7:22 am CST

Quote From: manofgoods

What John has to realize that controlling women isn't right. What gives him the right to control & abuse them? They say that men were put on this planet first, & women second. But without women, where would men like myself & John would be? They're the ones who give life to more people. They're the ones who cook for us, clean for us, do everyone's laundry, contribute to the household. They're the ones who nurture you, care for you, help you out on your troubles. They're the ones who will let you cry on their shoulders whenever you're having trouble with anything. They're more compassionate, more caring, & have a lot of energy more than guys do (Of course, some men like myself are very nice, kind, & compassionate as well). I give women a lot of respect (no matter if they're good or bad), & guys like him should do that as well.

thank you manofgood  iam glad there are some out there that know that...

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last