Message Boards

Topic : 08/17 Love or Money

Number of Replies: 392
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, February 15, 2007, 04:39:36 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/20/07) You’ve heard the old adage: “Money can’t buy love,” but Dr. Phil’s guests say they’re in cash-only relationships. Hope is a self-professed “sugar babe” who says she is wined and dined by her sugar daddy, Davis, a wealthy businessman. There’s just one small catch: Hope is married! Her husband, Al, knows all about her financial arrangement, but still wants to stay in the relationship. How much longer can Hope balance both a spouse and a sponsor? Then, 34-year-old Kelly denies being a sugar mama, even though she pays for her 20-year-old boyfriend, Zachary's, personal needs including food, clothes and video games. She even moved him into her house! Kelly’s friend, Megan, says it’s high time Zachary got kicked to the curb! Does this May/December romance stand a chance, or are Zachary and Kelly wasting their time? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

More August 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 20, 2007, 10:52 am CST

02/20 Love or Money

Quote From: afraid

sugar baby- sugar daddy- sugar mama- wow cant believe these people, you have just given children's long lasting caramel sucker and candy coated caramel drops,  a very bad view, lets call this what it is, its prostitution with out being arrested, the sugar daddy is no better than the man cruising the streets looking for a hooker to take his $20.00 for a quickie, and the woman is just as low as a hooker out on the streets working a street corner, and her husband is no more than a low life pimp hooking his wife out!! if you ask me Dr Phil you should have all these people arrested for just that.

The thing is,being a Sugar Daddy isn't illegal, I mean the government cannot dictate what a well off man can throw his money away on, or who, and who or what he can't, and let's not kid ourselves here, there are plenty of women like Hope, that are willing to take it from them, sad but true.  I suppose it could be seen as a form of prostitution, if not her, well he said himself he has three other women on the go.

I think though for both sides, its a commitment issue the Sugar Daddy dosen't want to commit because, lets face facts a Joe lunchbox type isn't what these women are looking for, he dosen't want to lose half his estate in a divorce, and maybe for the women, they had been traumitized by men they had committed to, or it could simply be the attitude " If he's willing to throw it my way, hell yeah I'll take it ", who knows what people are thinking half the time.

Would I do it, not while I am happily married, but if I were single without children ? I honestly don't know, might be tempting, I would like to think NOT, but to be completly honest it might be tempting.

February 20, 2007, 12:31 pm CST

02/20 Love or Money

Quote From: ceildh1

The thing is,being a Sugar Daddy isn't illegal, I mean the government cannot dictate what a well off man can throw his money away on, or who, and who or what he can't, and let's not kid ourselves here, there are plenty of women like Hope, that are willing to take it from them, sad but true. I suppose it could be seen as a form of prostitution, if not her, well he said himself he has three other women on the go.

I think though for both sides, its a commitment issue the Sugar Daddy dosen't want to commit because, lets face facts a Joe lunchbox type isn't what these women are looking for, he dosen't want to lose half his estate in a divorce, and maybe for the women, they had been traumitized by men they had committed to, or it could simply be the attitude ' If he's willing to throw it my way, hell yeah I'll take it ', who knows what people are thinking half the time.

Would I do it, not while I am happily married, but if I were single without children ? I honestly don't know, might be tempting, I would like to think NOT, but to be completly honest it might be tempting.

I know girls that do this kind of stuff and it doesn't temp me in the least.  There entire lifestyle revolves around  what they have to do to get the pay out from whatever rich old man they happen to be leeching off of.
And please dont kid yourself to think that it only involves going to fancy resturants and galas. They pay for the fancy clothes, jewelry and cars with there bodies, and these are things that have been admitted to me.
I really hope that if you were single you'd have more self respect than that.

February 20, 2007, 12:51 pm CST

arm candy

Quote From: zoey1965

She's not selling romance, she's selling her body. He doesn't want a commitment so he doesn't care if he will never have her. And she'd better find someone to finance all that cosmetic surgery she want's real soon cause her looks are fading fast. She's long past the ARM CANDY age. Not only could she get an STD, she could also attract a sexual predator. This kind of behavior IS extremely DANGEROUS. But maybe that's part of why she does it. Some people think doing dangerous things are exiting and sexually stimulating. Who knows why people do the stupid things that they do. Then again she may just be too damn lazy to earn money the hard way.
I'm sure I look better than you and I've worked my ass off for over 25 years. Try watching the whole show. It's preety funny how all my men aon the site tell me how pretty I am..

February 20, 2007, 12:52 pm CST

None of your business

Quote From: connie1118

the age difference is not the subject...the base of the relationship IS!    Married with a sugar daddy on the side?...just plain shameful and sleazy.....Marriage is a contract in the eyes of God and I wouldn't want to get him ticked off...it's also recognized by the IRS...does this married lady claim the Sugar Daddy as income?  People will do whatever they want with their body and sole...some of us have too much self respect.
It's none of your business my relationship between the IRS... Focus on your self.

February 20, 2007, 1:07 pm CST

mind your own business

Quote From: afraid

sugar baby- sugar daddy- sugar mama- wow cant believe these people, you have just given children's long lasting caramel sucker and candy coated caramel drops,  a very bad view, lets call this what it is, its prostitution with out being arrested, the sugar daddy is no better than the man cruising the streets looking for a hooker to take his $20.00 for a quickie, and the woman is just as low as a hooker out on the streets working a street corner, and her husband is no more than a low life pimp hooking his wife out!! if you ask me Dr Phil you should have all these people arrested for just that.

alot of times I am not even intimate with these guys, why do you care how I make money? I'd like to see how you look? Most women are usually jealous. And leave my husband out of this.

February 20, 2007, 1:20 pm CST

Hope is an object of pity

Hope just makes me sad.  I have to wonder what went wrong in her life to make her resort to prostitution. I'm sure at one point in her life she was a pretty young girl with dreams and aspirations.  Now she sleeps with strangers for trinkets.

February 20, 2007, 1:34 pm CST

Looks?

Quote From: hopejulie

I'm sure I look better than you and I've worked my ass off for over 25 years. Try watching the whole show. It's preety funny how all my men aon the site tell me how pretty I am..
I noticed you bring looks up quite often when you "debate", is that an issue with you?  We'll see how pretty you are when youre too old and too used up to attract anyone.  BTW  MY HUSBAND tells me how gorgeous I am as well as other people.

February 20, 2007, 1:41 pm CST

Remember

It's none of your business my relationship between the IRS... Focus on your self.
You set your self up for being on the Dr. Phil show knowing that there are message boards that people are going to talk on and talk about the show therefore there will be opinions. right or wrong, it doesn't matter, The Dr. Phil show is public therefore you made yourself public, so it is you who need to deal with the idea that you are not going to like everything you read on these boards. I do hope you got a good deal of Dr. Phil medicine.

February 20, 2007, 1:41 pm CST

Myself

To whom ever has talked nice about me, Thank you. I was really happy to see all of your comments. Keep them coming....Hope

February 20, 2007, 1:48 pm CST

If

alot of times I am not even intimate with these guys, why do you care how I make money? I'd like to see how you look? Most women are usually jealous. And leave my husband out of this.
If you don't want people talking bad about you, then why did you go on National TV?  Not everyone is going to like you, so what?  Who cares?  I'll mind whatever business I choose to thank you very much, it's called freedom of speech.  If you don't like it, don't log on!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last