Message Boards

Topic : 08/17 Love or Money

Number of Replies: 392
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, February 15, 2007, 04:39:36 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/20/07) You’ve heard the old adage: “Money can’t buy love,” but Dr. Phil’s guests say they’re in cash-only relationships. Hope is a self-professed “sugar babe” who says she is wined and dined by her sugar daddy, Davis, a wealthy businessman. There’s just one small catch: Hope is married! Her husband, Al, knows all about her financial arrangement, but still wants to stay in the relationship. How much longer can Hope balance both a spouse and a sponsor? Then, 34-year-old Kelly denies being a sugar mama, even though she pays for her 20-year-old boyfriend, Zachary's, personal needs including food, clothes and video games. She even moved him into her house! Kelly’s friend, Megan, says it’s high time Zachary got kicked to the curb! Does this May/December romance stand a chance, or are Zachary and Kelly wasting their time? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

More August 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 20, 2007, 1:50 pm CST

Cracked Me Up!

The part where Dr. Phil informs Hope that her looks might be on-the-way-out and MARRYING one of her Sugar Daddies might not be an option...just aired!

I cracked up!!! The look of indignation and/or cluelessness on her face was priceless! POOR THING! She REALLY thinks she's got it scoped-out! And then her "Daddy" comes on and makes a Big Fat Zero hand gesture in response to Dr. Phil's inquiry of "do you have plans to marry her...?"

Wow. Incredible. And troubling.

February 20, 2007, 1:53 pm CST

stop the haterism

There is nothing wrong with what Juli is doing? She is just being honest about her self and situation. There has been woman doing the same thing but just married to the men. Juli I give you a thumbs up. I only wish i could be on your level. You keep doing what your doing if that makes you happy there is nothing wrong with that. At least you are able to ge the finer things in life. To all you haters out there so if Juli is wrong in what she is doing shes selling her body for money and expensive gifts, what about the women that are just giving there body away for nothing.

February 20, 2007, 1:54 pm CST

very sad

Quote From: mistyc

Hope just makes me sad.  I have to wonder what went wrong in her life to make her resort to prostitution. I'm sure at one point in her life she was a pretty young girl with dreams and aspirations.  Now she sleeps with strangers for trinkets.
The one that I feel bad for is Hope's so-called husband.  He loves her, even though she treats him so poorly.  How can she be so disrespectful to him? 

She obviously is very lacking in moral values, and very materialistic. It really wouldn't matter if there was no sex involved.  She is still doing things with strangers, that should be reserved for her husband.  What ever happened to honoring wedding vows?  Love, Honor, Cherish???  Prostituting oneself certainly is NOT included in those vows.

February 20, 2007, 2:08 pm CST

sugar mama take caution

I couldn't help but hear myself in the gal taking care of the younger man. Mine just took off, after 15 years of helping him. Once he got his big break, he was history. It was love...but it was also real convenient...for him. No balance.

February 20, 2007, 2:32 pm CST

don't be fooled....

Quote From: caramelskin

There is nothing wrong with what Juli is doing? She is just being honest about her self and situation. There has been woman doing the same thing but just married to the men. Juli I give you a thumbs up. I only wish i could be on your level. You keep doing what your doing if that makes you happy there is nothing wrong with that. At least you are able to ge the finer things in life. To all you haters out there so if Juli is wrong in what she is doing shes selling her body for money and expensive gifts, what about the women that are just giving there body away for nothing.
I am so sorry that you are thinking that there is nothing wrong with what she is doing....I realize everyone has a right to their opinion, but I would hope that you think more of yourself as a person than to envy the filth that she chooses to live in.  I know she tries to make it look wonderful, but it isn't.  Hope/Julie is on a very destructive path.  Do not be fooled in thinking that "its worth it as long as you get the finer things in life"......nothing could be further from the truth.  Money does not buy happiness or love, irregardless of what a man may tell you.  Just take a look at how "happy" Britney Spears is..or Anna N. Smith was...I'm afraid they are /were very miserable people and they had everything that money could buy--so please don't sell yourself short into thinking that Julie's way is ok--its not.  I hope she holds on to that cross around her neck and seeks guidance that only God can give...this is the only way to happiness.

February 20, 2007, 2:34 pm CST

Have I been countryfried?

Have I just been living in the country too long?  Is this whole married-woman-who-takes-up-with-sugar-daddies some big pressing problem im unaware of?   

I dunno bout anybody else but never once have I seen anybody have this kinda problem.  Im fairly certain im  your typcal "viewing demographic" so this show segment has me beyond confused.  Is this some new thing im completely unaware of?   Are there now scores of wives hopping online to get hooked up with sugar daddies? 

Seriously...  If im living that much in the backwoods and this has now become some pressing problem in our society I would love to be enlightened!  So please, tell me ladies, do ANY of you know ANYONE who does this?  (and im speaking strictly about the first segment~not the second)

February 20, 2007, 2:45 pm CST

cityfried....

Quote From: momisme2

Have I just been living in the country too long?  Is this whole married-woman-who-takes-up-with-sugar-daddies some big pressing problem im unaware of?   

I dunno bout anybody else but never once have I seen anybody have this kinda problem.  Im fairly certain im  your typcal "viewing demographic" so this show segment has me beyond confused.  Is this some new thing im completely unaware of?   Are there now scores of wives hopping online to get hooked up with sugar daddies? 

Seriously...  If im living that much in the backwoods and this has now become some pressing problem in our society I would love to be enlightened!  So please, tell me ladies, do ANY of you know ANYONE who does this?  (and im speaking strictly about the first segmentnot the second)

I live in a city and ive never heard of a married woman who hooks up with people for money.  I hear about young women who want A sugar daddy, they're usually like 18 and the "daddy" is 35+.  Even then, its not something people aspire to.  If she's making an income off of him, then that's prostitution (and I've heard of those).  With children today being as entitled to things as they are, this may become a future trend among spoiled women.

February 20, 2007, 2:47 pm CST

Sad But Hilarious at the same time !

Quote From: palsonny1

The part where Dr. Phil informs Hope that her looks might be on-the-way-out and MARRYING one of her Sugar Daddies might not be an option...just aired!

I cracked up!!! The look of indignation and/or cluelessness on her face was priceless! POOR THING! She REALLY thinks she's got it scoped-out! And then her "Daddy" comes on and makes a Big Fat Zero hand gesture in response to Dr. Phil's inquiry of "do you have plans to marry her...?"

Wow. Incredible. And troubling.
I agree completely - that look on her face was priceless and Davis' response was so perfect.  Of course none of these men will marry her.  They aren't idiots - they are simply taking what is being offered !

How on earth could anyone get into this scenerio of 'dating' sugardaddies, having sex with them, out and out setting prices on what gifts are and are not acceptable and NOT expect a BAD ending ?    Didn't anyone tell this woman the truth?  Beauty lasts a short time, stupid is a life sentence.  How could anyone come out of this feeling good about it when the entire goal is 'get all I can'  ?   What an empty and dark place that must be to live in.

I mean, Davis knows exactly what he's doing, why he's doing it, and he's obviously having one heck of a good time the way his face lit up when he talked about his life.  For now, for him, it seems a fun time - it'll get old and lonely on the short run, but hey, fun is fun and men are men and he's being openly honest that he's taking what's being offered with a balance on the finances.

February 20, 2007, 2:50 pm CST

02/20 Love or Money

I am watching the show and heard the woman say she is with a younger man because of the sex (he can last longer).  I am 47 years old and married to a 68 year old man and I totally disagree.  I have been with a younger man and men my age and a older man is much more considerate, loving, caring, respectful and I would put my husband up against any younger man.  He takes care of me very well in all aspects of our marriage. 

February 20, 2007, 2:55 pm CST

Davis - now that man is having fun

Now, don't get me wrong.  I do not agree with what Hope is doing to herself  - and there is no doubt that she's made some pretty bad choices.

But look at Davis  - that man is having the time of his life.  He has few obligations this activity will impact, he's evidently doing what he loves, he's made enough money not to have to worry about his immediate future (and he seemed pretty on the ball, so his future is probably pretty secure as well), and he seemed quite fair in his financial generosity for the favors he's getting. 

When was the last time you saw a man grinning from ear to ear with his eyes sparkling like Davis as he openly discussed his reasons for living the way he is?  I mean, this guy is living a dream and he knows it !

There's not a woman on here that didn't notice those eyes and that smile - and I'll tell you one thing - you all better be shoot'n for that same response from your own men - cause it can be had.

Like Mamma said - there's more than one way to skin a cat.  Men will do what works for them.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last