Message Boards

Topic : 08/17 Love or Money

Number of Replies: 392
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, February 15, 2007, 04:39:36 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/20/07) You’ve heard the old adage: “Money can’t buy love,” but Dr. Phil’s guests say they’re in cash-only relationships. Hope is a self-professed “sugar babe” who says she is wined and dined by her sugar daddy, Davis, a wealthy businessman. There’s just one small catch: Hope is married! Her husband, Al, knows all about her financial arrangement, but still wants to stay in the relationship. How much longer can Hope balance both a spouse and a sponsor? Then, 34-year-old Kelly denies being a sugar mama, even though she pays for her 20-year-old boyfriend, Zachary's, personal needs including food, clothes and video games. She even moved him into her house! Kelly’s friend, Megan, says it’s high time Zachary got kicked to the curb! Does this May/December romance stand a chance, or are Zachary and Kelly wasting their time? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

More August 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 15, 2007, 5:48 pm CST

Legal prostitution?

How can someone sell romance to someone else while being married?  Isn't that like a waste of effort on the sugar daddy's part?  He knows he can't ever really have her because she's married, so why invest all that time and money?  Why would she want to prostitute herself to the highest bidder?  Couldn't an IV drug user with an STD (and the right price) buy her services and she could contract a virus that she in turn gives to her husband?  It seems dangerous to me.

February 17, 2007, 11:53 am CST

02/20 Love or Money

I have to say, this is a nice change from the wife whining about not knowing what to do about a cheating spouse, but looking at her, well I guess these sugar Daddies aren't fussy aren't they ?  Wow the term used up certainly applies here dosen't it.

And paying for a twenty year old to have sex with you, are you THAT desparate to hang onto your youth ?  Its over, get over it and move on, I mean its not the age difference, but to pay for all his needs ?  That's a little much dontcha think ?

February 17, 2007, 1:59 pm CST

02/20 Love or Money

Well  I think its crazy!  Money is not all that! We need it for food and other things too. But money can't buy you happyness!  I rather have a person love me for who I am anyday!  Also I would not go out and be a hore to get money! Thats a sin and makes you look nasty!!

February 17, 2007, 5:51 pm CST

02/20 Love or Money

Quote From: gwarrior6

How can someone sell romance to someone else while being married?  Isn't that like a waste of effort on the sugar daddy's part?  He knows he can't ever really have her because she's married, so why invest all that time and money?  Why would she want to prostitute herself to the highest bidder?  Couldn't an IV drug user with an STD (and the right price) buy her services and she could contract a virus that she in turn gives to her husband?  It seems dangerous to me.

I think with the Sugar Daddies, they aren't looking for commitment, just some arm candy that they can buy for awhile, although as a woman, I can't see that one being eye candy to be honest and as for being married, well I've never seen a man more in need of a set than him, I mean to be honest, how many men would put up with that ?  I knoww mine would leave rather quickly.

I don't think him doing drugs would really matter to her, as long as they could buy her what she wants, bottom line for her, show me the money honey, YUCK, I'm open to a lot of things, but this I find degrading, she seems to want to perpetuate the stereotype of women as gold digging bitches, which simply isn't true.

BLECH

February 17, 2007, 5:53 pm CST

Love or Money

Money again,,,oh gee, more important than life/love. How sick.

All throughout time itself, money has been more important than human life or love. Remember your school days...the guy that had money(in any form ie car, clothes, etc.)always got girls, because girls always so what money could get for them; and visa/versa. As always...MONEY IS GOD. at least to some people.

February 17, 2007, 8:41 pm CST

Handsome $ugar daddy wanted... LOL!

This woman's husband is really understanding to let his wife live out her fantasy life. She wants her cake and eat it too. If he really loves her, he should want her to be happy, but it looks like he can't handle it emotionally - and who could blame him?

You know the good Dr is gonna blast him good. Poor guy!

As far as paying for all the needs of a 20 year old boy - that's ok as long as you don't fall in love with the kid... or he with you. It's a trade-off, and can be a win/win situation if all parties agree on what's expected of them.

February 18, 2007, 1:05 am CST

love or money????

Why can't you have both?  I am 38, my husband 30 and we have been together for 9 years.  The age difference is great for both of us and guess what...we have money too.  It wasn't always like that.  I made twice as much as he did, but I helped him see what possibilities there were for him.  Within two years my income looked like chump change.  Our income went back and forth for a few years between who was making more, but we continued to keep building the life we both wanted. 

We have found that if you treat each aspect of your life with the same importance you have all that you desire...Love and money.

I truly think people who are after just money have such a limited view of life in general.  How sad.

February 18, 2007, 7:29 am CST

02/20 Love or Money

i could never be with someone with money it just not rite..  sex for money... only one word comes to mind for that...  and if you have to pay someone to sleep with you you must be hardup

February 18, 2007, 9:31 am CST

a hiden bone

In my view, there has to be something behind such behavior. A definite lack of self-worth is obviously there. When you keep your windows and doors opened like this is a lack of self-esteem too, I think. Unless they need to fill up in something they might have missed in their progress through life. It can come from some abuse they have suffered from and now they empower themselves by doing this. It could stem from a large range of things, but something got stuck in the process, some development or closure hasn't happened about something. It must be difficult to live a life like this, never at peace... so much pressure all the time, so much uncertancies, never self rewarding, so much work all the time, no soft cushion to fall on at the end of the day. I'm not making excuses but just looking for explanations. One thing for sure, the longer this goes on, the worse it gets for them.

February 18, 2007, 6:10 pm CST

I Think You've Hit it

Quote From: ceildh1

I think with the Sugar Daddies, they aren't looking for commitment, just some arm candy that they can buy for awhile, although as a woman, I can't see that one being eye candy to be honest and as for being married, well I've never seen a man more in need of a set than him, I mean to be honest, how many men would put up with that ?  I knoww mine would leave rather quickly.

I don't think him doing drugs would really matter to her, as long as they could buy her what she wants, bottom line for her, show me the money honey, YUCK, I'm open to a lot of things, but this I find degrading, she seems to want to perpetuate the stereotype of women as gold digging bitches, which simply isn't true.

BLECH

Here we are, "Cougars & Sugar Daddies" redux.

The young woman is "rented" arm candy (as are others like her), no strings or commitments...I'm with you, her hubby needs to grow a set asap. I know darn few men who would tolerate that sort of an arrangement for 5 minutes.

DOUBLE BLECH...Didn't "gold-digging" as an alleged career choice for women become passe a couple of decades ago, unless your name is Anna Nicole? The best face I can put on it is that it is "mutually exploitative," as opposed to "mutually uplifting" or "teamwork." 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last