Message Boards

Topic : 0 Joy - From the Success Show

Number of Replies: 1710
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:47:25 pm
Author : dataimport
Words of encouragement, tips and ideas... things that worked for me. What is working for you? Let this be a place of motivation. I have lost 103 lbs. and counting.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 23, 2008, 5:13 am CDT

Deb and all

Sounds like you're going to have an emotionally delicate daughter on you hands, Deb.  Living in Canada, we don't hear nearly as often about people dealing with loved ones going off to war.  It's so wonderful  that you have such a good relationship with her -- what a blessing (and something I long for).

Will she be going very far when she heads off to University?  You're right about 17 being pretty young to leave home!  Our Laura was 18 1/2 last September when she moved away for school, and that seemed young enough.

I trust you'll make the most of the summer while she's still around. 

Thanks for the reminder about the water.  I haven't been as consistent with that lately, and it probably makes a difference -- that, and enough sleep!  For years I loved staying up late because there was suddenly no one telling me that I had to go to bed.  Then when the kids were young, night time was when I could finally say, "Ahhhhhhhhh", and take a little time for myself.  Now the nest is empty and I have all day to myself (when I'm not at the office) but I still like those late hours -- guess it's because I can hang out at the computer or work on a project guilt-free, without thinking I should be doing something else. lol

Anyway, keep up the good work.  That IE is really key, isn't it.  I've been more inconsistent too, but it's something that I know I need to keep at.  My Dad's my inspiration.  He's 81, and recently he had a flu that really knocked him out for a couple weeks.  He gave up his walking while he was so sick, but he couldn't understand why his energy was just so zapped.  Then, as soon as he resumed his normal exercise routine (a brisk walk of at least 1 hour daily), his energy came right back.  He never really made time for intentional exercise until he was about 45, but it's really paid off for him.  I hope I can remain as active as he is at that age!

This weekend we bring home our son and his family to stay with us for 3 1/2 weeks before leaving for Japan. (Sorry if I'm repeating myself.)  It's going to be rather bitter/sweet, but I'll just have to make the best of it and get in as much snuggle time with little Umi as I possibly can.  We'll also have to be sure to have a web cam and something like Skype set up and ready for when they're in Japan. 

We recently bought a travel trailer and we've booked a couple camp sites at a beautiful park on Lake Ontario for a weekend, together with our other son's family.  We're trying to convince Laura to join us too.  I'm hoping to build lots of great family memories together before they head off.

That's enough from me . . . . how's everyone else doing?

Brenda.

April 23, 2008, 5:24 am CDT

Dr. Phil Moderator?

I've tried to change my profile pic (to add my adorable new grandson), but nothing's happening.  I choose the picture I want to use, click upload, but then everything goes blank and a message at the bottom says it will be resized to 96 x 96 pixels and will automatically be saved, but nothing seems to be happening.  Any suggestions?

Brenda.

April 23, 2008, 6:11 am CDT

Brenda

Quote From: brenbiel

I've tried to change my profile pic (to add my adorable new grandson), but nothing's happening.  I choose the picture I want to use, click upload, but then everything goes blank and a message at the bottom says it will be resized to 96 x 96 pixels and will automatically be saved, but nothing seems to be happening.  Any suggestions?

Brenda.

Is the picture you're trying to upload a really large file size? Like, greater than 1MB? Sometimes large pictures will not upload properly. If possible, try and resize it with a graphic program so that it measures 96X96 pixels. If you need help with this, you can e-mail Technical Support (under contact Dr. Phil) and they can assist you.

April 23, 2008, 7:47 am CDT

JUST CHECKING IN

Well it sounds like everyone is doing well. I have had  a couple of busy weeks. My older sister is separated from her husband and so a couple of weekends ago  I had a house full of people which threw my IE off track. I was doing well with my TJ and did not feel comfortable doing it in front of everyone. So I have been slowly but surely trying to stay on track. The scale still says I weigh under 200. Now I just need to start up the IE again. Wish me luck. Susan--MO

April 23, 2008, 7:29 pm CDT

Thank you  -- that worked.

Brenda

April 25, 2008, 12:41 pm CDT

0 Joy - From the Success Show

Susan and Brenda,

It is good to hear from you both.

I think exercise is so important, but when you haven't done it for a while it takes a lot to get that momentum going again. I think Brenda, what you said about your dad is very telling. I think it is the same for us but we don't really pay attention to it as much when we are younger.

Breanna is doing ok so far with her boyfriend gone, he has called her a few times from Kuaite ( I know this is spelled wrong) and from falluja in iraq. It makes her still feel connected to him. He has a calling card he uses to call home. He has called at 4 am trying to adjust to the time changes, she doesn't mind. We don't really either because we know he is adjusting his time. As far as university. She will go to utah, we live in colorado. She will be staying with my mom and dad. but still... it's not with me =0(  cutting those apron strings can be very hard!

Susan Keep up the work, I want to be under 200 again soon. I just feel like a sloth lately with not exercising like I used to . I am having trouble finding time with the end of the year activities. CRAZY!!!

I am watching what I am eating more too. I am noticing my energy eb and flow with what I eat, something I never noticed before

well I gotta run!

Have a great day

Debbie =0)

May 2, 2008, 8:41 am CDT

I'm here ladies

You all have been so nice to ask about me here and there.  I'm sure you know I haven't posted because I have really been struggling.  Things are ok now....sort of stable.  Just leaning on God's grace everyday.  Trying to come to terms with just accepting myself as I am.

Life is good.  My boys are all crazy busy with baseball and since the season is just starting, I'm really enjoying it.  As we get into the many weeks to come I'm sure that I will be ready for the season to be over.

I am loving the beautiful weather.  I love spring so much.  The colors just lift my whole mood.  This is absolutely my favorite time of year.

Well, I will keep checking in.  I obviously don't have much to add at the moment, but I still LOVE YOU ALL!  Have a wonderful day.

May 2, 2008, 10:26 am CDT

LINDA~!!!!!!!

IT is sooooo good to see and hear from you!! We sure have missed your wonderful smiling face =0)

I have to say please don't feel like you don't have anything to add. I think you do. I know for a fact that I have gained back every bit of weight I lost this past year. That makes a whopping 33 pounds. I weigh as much as I did when I gave birth to stephanie my 7 year old.  I have been struggling too to lose that weight again and beating myself up for letting it happen. I had to even go buy new clothes so I could fit in them. The worst moment was when I sat down in my older jeans in the larger size I had not gotten rid of and split the butt out completely.  They found a great home in the trash. I have been disappointed in myself for not exercising and thiking that chocolate and cookies and cake have more desirable than fresh fruits and veggies. I know what you  mean about kids and activities. It seems that these next two weeks are on hyper drive every day something else is added in....but not exercise =0).

I have graduation, soccer game, performances, programs honoring kids, celebrations, and all sorts of stuff that I find out about as the days go by. My daughter's varsity team made it to the play offs  for the first time ever and now I need to add those games into an already jammed packed schedule. I hope I survive!

I would like to say, please post with us. I think if we all make a committment maybe we can keep moving down the scale, instead of me moving up the scale.

I am personally really worried what my parents will say when they see me because I have gained so much. I am worried about being judged as a nincompoop because I haven't been able to control my wieght gain by my friends and I just try to remind myself that i am the same person inside that I always was, and even though outside is different, I am still me.

I love when you get a chance to contribute. I know we have all missed you soooo much and I for one am soooo glad to see your smiling face and have you here. Please comment and add your struggles with us and know we love you! You are one amazing woman and a great friend!

Keep smiling, have fun with those crazy boys and enjoy those games. I always look forward to your posts!

Love ya tons!

Debbie =0)

May 3, 2008, 6:02 am CDT

Linda

Quote From: linda_71

You all have been so nice to ask about me here and there.  I'm sure you know I haven't posted because I have really been struggling.  Things are ok now....sort of stable.  Just leaning on God's grace everyday.  Trying to come to terms with just accepting myself as I am.

Life is good.  My boys are all crazy busy with baseball and since the season is just starting, I'm really enjoying it.  As we get into the many weeks to come I'm sure that I will be ready for the season to be over.

I am loving the beautiful weather.  I love spring so much.  The colors just lift my whole mood.  This is absolutely my favorite time of year.

Well, I will keep checking in.  I obviously don't have much to add at the moment, but I still LOVE YOU ALL!  Have a wonderful day.

Linda, It is good to hear from you!  We were wondering where you were.  We have all been there--where we have been struggling with our weight.  That is why we are here on the message board for support.  Please keep in contact even when you are struggling and let us help you!  We miss you!  I am glad that things are going good for your family.  I also love the Spring weather.  Love, your friend, Bren

May 6, 2008, 8:05 pm CDT

Thanks Debbie and Bren!

Quote From: dancin_deb

IT is sooooo good to see and hear from you!! We sure have missed your wonderful smiling face =0)

I have to say please don't feel like you don't have anything to add. I think you do. I know for a fact that I have gained back every bit of weight I lost this past year. That makes a whopping 33 pounds. I weigh as much as I did when I gave birth to stephanie my 7 year old.  I have been struggling too to lose that weight again and beating myself up for letting it happen. I had to even go buy new clothes so I could fit in them. The worst moment was when I sat down in my older jeans in the larger size I had not gotten rid of and split the butt out completely.  They found a great home in the trash. I have been disappointed in myself for not exercising and thiking that chocolate and cookies and cake have more desirable than fresh fruits and veggies. I know what you  mean about kids and activities. It seems that these next two weeks are on hyper drive every day something else is added in....but not exercise =0).

I have graduation, soccer game, performances, programs honoring kids, celebrations, and all sorts of stuff that I find out about as the days go by. My daughter's varsity team made it to the play offs  for the first time ever and now I need to add those games into an already jammed packed schedule. I hope I survive!

I would like to say, please post with us. I think if we all make a committment maybe we can keep moving down the scale, instead of me moving up the scale.

I am personally really worried what my parents will say when they see me because I have gained so much. I am worried about being judged as a nincompoop because I haven't been able to control my wieght gain by my friends and I just try to remind myself that i am the same person inside that I always was, and even though outside is different, I am still me.

I love when you get a chance to contribute. I know we have all missed you soooo much and I for one am soooo glad to see your smiling face and have you here. Please comment and add your struggles with us and know we love you! You are one amazing woman and a great friend!

Keep smiling, have fun with those crazy boys and enjoy those games. I always look forward to your posts!

Love ya tons!

Debbie =0)

You guys made my night.  And Debbie, those personal insights made me smile.  I know I'm completely normal, but you know how it is...we tend to hold ourselves to a higher standard and think we can't possibly let people see us struggle or fail.

Thanks again.  MUCHO LOVE TO YOU ALL!!!!

First | Prev | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | Next | Last