Message Boards

Topic : 0 Joy - From the Success Show

Number of Replies: 1710
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:47:25 pm
Author : dataimport
Words of encouragement, tips and ideas... things that worked for me. What is working for you? Let this be a place of motivation. I have lost 103 lbs. and counting.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 26, 2008, 10:20 am CDT

happy memorial Day

Hey everyone, I just wanted to say have a great holiday and I hope that you are gearing up for the summer!!!

love ya all Debbie =0)

May 26, 2008, 5:35 pm CDT

Happy Memorial Day, too

Hey friends.  Just settling down this evening from a very active and very fun day.

My hubby, the boys and I went for a walk/bike ride on our local trail this morning.  The boys rode bikes and we walked.  It was my first real power walk in a long time.  It was good, but very telling in how far I have to go to get back into shape. 

Then we hung out at the pool and the boys had a blast swimming and jumping all around.  I invited a friend over who didn't have a suit with her, so we just hung out and talked.  It was a nice visit and so great to be in the sun again after all this rain!

I've been back to posting and calculating on Spark People.  I believe it was BRENDA who first got me into that site a couple of years ago.  I know myself well enough that even though I am feeling pretty motivated right now, in a couple of days I very well may be in the pits again.  I'll just keep trucking along and watching my calories and all those other categories.  I like how sparkpeople.com keeps track of food intake and exercise for you, as opposed to WW. 

Yes, Susan I did go to Steven Curtis Chapman's concert last November.  I don't remember if I told you all, but I actually got to sing on stage with him.  An absolute dream come true!

You may have heard this past week the sad news in his family, though.  His youngest daughter, adopted from China, was killed in his driveway when his teenage son backed over her in his SUV.  So tragic.  I've been spending a lot googling and keeping up to date on the story.  Her memorial service was this past Saturday.  The Chapman family is so strong.  Praise God.

anyway, just checking in.  How's everyone else doing?

May 27, 2008, 10:22 am CDT

checkin' in

Hi everyone,

I'm still sick, so haven't done a lot of IE recently. I've been wearing a pedometer tracking my number of steps recently, trying to aim for the 10,000/day. I hope to get to my goal more consistently once I'm finally feeling well again.

Things have been very busy (but good) over the past month, as our son's family moved out of their apartment and into our home, storing everything in our basement. We really enjoyed having them stay with us then until it was time for their flight to Japan, which happened last Thursday. It was difficult to see them go, but they're excited and we have their promise that they'll be back in 3 or 3 1/2 years. (Before Umi starts school.) Would you believe that little Umi (5 months) lasted the entire flight (13 hours) without crying at all! That's my boy. :-)

Linda, I hadn't heard that news about the Chapman family. How very sad!

Bye for now,
Brenda.

May 30, 2008, 5:35 pm CDT

Hi Everyone!

Hi Everyone!  Nice to see everyone's posts.  I am moving from a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom and 2 story apartment to a 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment on the first floor in a different apartment complex in here in town.  It is nice with a nice pool and work out facilities.  I will still be close to my parents.  I move on June 16th.  I am getting a work out moving and going up and down my stairs lately.  Hope you all are doing well.  Take care everyone! :) Bren

June 22, 2008, 8:03 am CDT

Hi Ev eryone!

Hi Everyone!  I moved in and I am really enjoying my new home.  I wanted to share my new e-mail address with you all.  It is bren75@cox.net

Take care everyone! :) Bren

June 23, 2008, 7:45 am CDT

Happy Summer Everyone!

Hello everyone!  I hope you are all enjoying your summer.  I sure am.  The kids and I have been spending tons of time outside with my sisters and their kids.  It has been wonderful.  My sister and I started walking about 4 miles a day for the first couple weeks and then doctor appointments and other summer stuff has kept us busy the past couple weeks.  We are hoping to get back to it soon, the kids need it just as much as we do. 

I wanted to share that I have always been an "on and off" diet pepsi drinker.  I had to have some tests last week that forced me to have no caffiene.  I stopped drinking pop last saturday the 14th and I have lost 3 pounds in the past week!!!!!!!!!  That is the only thing I changed.  I can't believe how much better I feel on a daily basis.  I don't have that worn out, dragging down feeling anymore.  It feels so good!

Hope you are all doing well.  Enjoy the nice weather!

Megan

June 23, 2008, 2:11 pm CDT

HELLO TO ALL

Well I started this message this AM and got caught up so when I tried to finish and send it I lost it. Well I am feeling motivated again.I can so relate to Linda as the feeling may be gone before I know it. Lord help me to stay focused!!!  I have accomplished alot today. I am not going to air too much too soon as I usually crash and burn.  I hope everyone is enjoying their summers. I take Tyler to the park often as he enjoys it very much. He is 13 1/2 months and full of energy. I get alot of walking in just chasing him. He has grown so fast. He is also all BOY!! Madison has been in summer school and will be done this week. She has had a lot of fun doing that and it has given Tyler and I time together.

Well I wish everyone happy summers and wonderful times with their families. Talk soon. Susan--MO

July 3, 2008, 4:38 am CDT

SLOW BUT SURE

Well I am just checking in. I have been doing turbo jam for the last week. I feel stronger every day. My weight is not coming down real fast but also in the last week I stopped nursng completely so I believe my body is changing as I speak. I am not going to become discouraged but rather just keep going and really trying to improve my eating. My family went out for lunch yesterday and I ordered a chicken salad which is a huge change. Yeah me!!! Hope everyone has a happy fourth. Susan--MO

July 4, 2008, 7:38 am CDT

Hi Everyone!

Hi Everyone!

Happy 4th of July!

Take care everyone! :) Bren

July 9, 2008, 8:50 pm CDT

Hi

Just a quick hello before crashing for the night. We've had an exciting reunion of sorts, as Phil's half-brother from Switzerland whom he has never met, arrived on the 1st with his lovely wife. We've had a wonderful time visiting -- a dream come true, particularly for both Jean-Paul and Dad. Tomorrow we drive back to Toronto to pick up their 17 yr. old son for 10 more days before they all return. So, more house guests -- which has been great, despite the fact that my routines seem to fly out the window. It's all good though.

Still trying to concentrate on making some healthier choices, moving a little more etc., but I'm still making too many bad choices at other times. Kind of two steps forward, two backwards. Frustrating!

Hope everyone's doing well.

Brenda.

First | Prev | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | Next | Last