Message Boards

Topic : 0 Joy - From the Success Show

Number of Replies: 1710
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:47:25 pm
Author : dataimport
Words of encouragement, tips and ideas... things that worked for me. What is working for you? Let this be a place of motivation. I have lost 103 lbs. and counting.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 6, 2005, 11:57 am CDT

cookie recipe

Quote From: zyelycia

Seems that there is not a lot of discussion around here. 

I am doing well. I am still struggling with my weight loss journey. I have been not exercising. I still have been trying to move more around the house. I know I need to start again. I had to cancel my membership to the Y which was sad. I really liked going but can not afford it right now. I am hoping I will be able to during winter time. It is harder to get ouside during that time.  

My eating is okay. I need to cut donw on the portion sizeds, which I am working on it. 

How is eveyone else doing? 

I do not rememeber who but someone put up a recipe for a fruit cookie. I think it might have been brenda. I would like that recipe if you would not mind posting it again. 

Okay I have to go get ready for work. 

Talk to you all soon 

Melissa 

I think this is it.  Let me know if it's the one: 

1/2 C dried apricots, cut up. 1/2 C golden raisins, 1/2 C dates, cut up. 6 oz. orange juice concentrate, 1 1/2 C rolled oats (large flake), 1 C Whole Wheat flour, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1 egg slightly beaten, 1/4 C Sesame Seeds, 1/2 C Canola or Safflower Oil (I used less, and will substitue part next time with apple sauce or pureed prunes.) Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Allspice and Cloves (to taste). (I used roughly 1/2 tsp., 1/4 tsp. of first two spices, and less of the last two.)

In a small saucepan, combine apricots, raisins, dates, spices & OJ. Simmer over low heat for 10 min. Cool. Combine oats, flour, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. Add the egg and oil, mix until well blended. Stir in the cooled fruit and seeds. Preheat oven to 350. Drop the batter spoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheet. flatten to 1/4" thickness. Bake for 12 - 15 min. Cool on rack and store in airtight container. 

August 8, 2005, 5:26 am CDT

0 Joy - From the Success Show

161/155/153/120  I am gonna post start weight/last monday weight in/current weight in/goal weight to show difference in the week as well.   I also lost 2 inches.  

In three weeks I have lost 8lbs.  Hopefully by next weigh in Ill get it to a total of 10lbs which will be a month! 

Jen 

August 8, 2005, 11:57 am CDT

way to go Jen!

Quote From: jenjen27

161/155/153/120  I am gonna post start weight/last monday weight in/current weight in/goal weight to show difference in the week as well.   I also lost 2 inches.  

In three weeks I have lost 8lbs.  Hopefully by next weigh in Ill get it to a total of 10lbs which will be a month! 

Jen 

What a victory!  You are doing such a great job!  I'm proud of you and I'm sure you feel fantastic! 

Keep us posted and have a wonderful, successful week! 

I didn't weigh myself today because I went to a baby shower late last night and I had lots of dessert.  I budgeted for it in my eating, but I didn't want to get discouraged.  I did a good, hard workout today, so I'll weigh in tomorrow. 

how's everyone else? 

August 9, 2005, 5:51 pm CDT

So where is everyone?

Are you all still around?  How is the healthy lifestyle going?  Enjoying these last few days of summer? 

I'm so dreading the boys going back to school.  I love having them home so much and the "no routine" schedule we have.  Our lives are SO hectic when school rolls around, so I just totally enjoy these low key days.  I treasure every one of them. 

How's the exercise?  The eating?  Mine hasn't been stellar.  But my IE is rolling right along, so that is keeping me in check. 

Let's get chatting again!  Are you looking forward to the new season of DP?  I hope he has some more weight shows again. 

August 9, 2005, 6:39 pm CDT

Thanks for all the ideas

I am still trying to get things under way, funny how you get off a routine and trying to get back to it is so hard or at least seems to be. I am still working a way to get myself back in charge of exercising again! 

just for fun, I just celebrated my 17th anniversary. It seems weird that the numbers are getting so high, soon I will be married for as many years as I was unmarried which is even stranger. 

we are finishing up our last week before going back to school. I think like Linda said, it will get crazy then. 

tomorrow is christian's appointment with his new doctor. I hope things come out as I want them to. I will keep you all posted. 

we are going camping and caving this weekend, the last hurrah before school gets into full swing again. 

have a great day!!  

Debbie 

August 10, 2005, 11:14 am CDT

Hey Debbie

Quote From: dancin_deb

I am still trying to get things under way, funny how you get off a routine and trying to get back to it is so hard or at least seems to be. I am still working a way to get myself back in charge of exercising again! 

just for fun, I just celebrated my 17th anniversary. It seems weird that the numbers are getting so high, soon I will be married for as many years as I was unmarried which is even stranger. 

we are finishing up our last week before going back to school. I think like Linda said, it will get crazy then. 

tomorrow is christian's appointment with his new doctor. I hope things come out as I want them to. I will keep you all posted. 

we are going camping and caving this weekend, the last hurrah before school gets into full swing again. 

have a great day!!  

Debbie 

Oh my!  Camping and caving!  That sounds fun and kind of......dangerous???!!!!  I can't wait to hear details. 

Keep us posted on Christian.  I know that you have been dealing with this for a long time and would like some answers and some closure. 

So what are all the grade levels of your kids this year? 

Mine are home, Kindergarten and 2nd grade.  They sure grow fast! 

August 10, 2005, 1:49 pm CDT

Hi Ladies

This summer has flown. 

I have been so busy with school, kids and new job. I really do not like the job due to less time with family but right now that is what needs to be done to keep our heads above water. 

My eating is better these days. I was slacking off. I have maintained. I have alot to lose. I have set little goals. I would love to post my starting weight, current weight and goal if everyone is okay that we do that. I know someone else has alreadly and I would love to join.  

My exercise has not been happening. I have hurt my back some how. Not sure how. I have been in pain since Monday. It is getting worse. I hate going to the doctors but will probably have to go if it does not subside. I am going to wait. I have to work Saturday. Well enough about that.  

Here is my weights: starting255,current247, goal140 

Okay talk to you ladies later. 

Melissa 

August 10, 2005, 3:31 pm CDT

Melissa

Quote From: zyelycia

This summer has flown. 

I have been so busy with school, kids and new job. I really do not like the job due to less time with family but right now that is what needs to be done to keep our heads above water. 

My eating is better these days. I was slacking off. I have maintained. I have alot to lose. I have set little goals. I would love to post my starting weight, current weight and goal if everyone is okay that we do that. I know someone else has alreadly and I would love to join.  

My exercise has not been happening. I have hurt my back some how. Not sure how. I have been in pain since Monday. It is getting worse. I hate going to the doctors but will probably have to go if it does not subside. I am going to wait. I have to work Saturday. Well enough about that.  

Here is my weights: starting255,current247, goal140 

Okay talk to you ladies later. 

Melissa 

Oh, I hope your back feels better soon.  Don't push it.  Take it easy and let it heal.  Do you have a chiropractor you can see? 

Good job on maintaining.  You will get going again soon.  Just keep making those good food choices. 

Have a great night! 

Linda 

August 10, 2005, 4:41 pm CDT

Hi Linda!

Quote From: mom3boyz

Are you all still around?  How is the healthy lifestyle going?  Enjoying these last few days of summer? 

I'm so dreading the boys going back to school.  I love having them home so much and the "no routine" schedule we have.  Our lives are SO hectic when school rolls around, so I just totally enjoy these low key days.  I treasure every one of them. 

How's the exercise?  The eating?  Mine hasn't been stellar.  But my IE is rolling right along, so that is keeping me in check. 

Let's get chatting again!  Are you looking forward to the new season of DP?  I hope he has some more weight shows again. 

Hi Linda! How are you?  It looks like the message board is picking up again--that is good.  I've been doing well with my exercise, went swimming for an hour on Monday and have been walking around stores on days that I'm not swimming.  I am looking forward to the new season of Dr. Phil ! Dr. Phil and Robin are the best!   I love "Ask Dr. Phil and Robin" shows.  Take care! :) Bren

August 12, 2005, 5:44 pm CDT

Don't leave us now!

Keep updating us everyone.  You know that we need this support system.  How is everything going for everyone today? 

My IE is excellent, but my eating again has been sloppy.  I need to get it back under control.  I know I will be able to do it. 

What else is going on with all of you?  I got to swim again tonight with the family.  We have so enjoyed the pool this year since the boys are older and more accomplished.  It's been a great family bonding time.  I know I've said this a million times, but I'm really dreading the end of summer.  I will miss the slow pace and freedom.  I even have been enjoying the hot weather! 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last