Message Boards

Topic : 0 Joy - From the Success Show

Number of Replies: 1710
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:47:25 pm
Author : dataimport
Words of encouragement, tips and ideas... things that worked for me. What is working for you? Let this be a place of motivation. I have lost 103 lbs. and counting.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 18, 2005, 11:40 am CDT

Linda

Quote From: mom3boyz

Sorry to be absent for a while.  I went camping with my husband and kids and my parents.  We had a wonderful time making lots of great memories.  I got in an average of 15000 steps a day on my pedometer, as well as swimming, horseback riding, biking, hiking, canoeing....it was a blast! 

Glad to be back.  Congrats to Jen on the fab weight loss!  Brenda, welcome back.  We certainly missed you....and thank you so much for the e-card.  It was much appreciated and greeted with tears!  :-)  You are a true friend! 

Hope to get back on here tomorrow.  Hope you are all doing well.....haven't had a chance to weigh since we've been back. 

Linda, It sounds like your camping trip was a lot of fun!  You certainly did plently of exercise while on your trip--that's great!  Take care! :) Bren

August 18, 2005, 1:02 pm CDT

philboard moderator

I realize you may not know this, but do you have any idea when the diaries will be back up?  I am anxious to get back to my recording of my journey..... 

Thanks! 

August 18, 2005, 1:05 pm CDT

Diaries

I realize you may not know this, but do you have any idea when the diaries will be back up?  I am anxious to get back to my recording of my journey..... 

Thanks! 

Hopefully very very soon, if not by tomorrow then hopefully by early next week.

August 19, 2005, 6:52 am CDT

thank you!

Quote From: DrPhilBoard1

Hopefully very very soon, if not by tomorrow then hopefully by early next week.

That's great.  Thank you for the info.  I may have an issue though, unfortunately. 

I had such a problem logging in, I had to change my username.  Will there be any way I can access my old diaries?  There is SO much info there....I'm concerned. 

Thanks! 

August 19, 2005, 7:19 am CDT

mom3boyz

That's great.  Thank you for the info.  I may have an issue though, unfortunately. 

I had such a problem logging in, I had to change my username.  Will there be any way I can access my old diaries?  There is SO much info there....I'm concerned. 

Thanks! 

You'll be able to view your old diaries by searching on your old user name but you won't be able to have them appear in My Profile or make any edits to them since that can only be done if you're logged in with your old name.

August 19, 2005, 10:41 am CDT

Announcement

Our diaries have now launched! Here are some of the new added features:  

• Previously we had only 3 diary topics to add an entry to - Weight Loss Freedom, Working from the Inside Out, and Family First. Now you can start your own diaries on any topics you like!
  • You can choose to keep your diaries private or share them with the rest of DrPhil.com. And if you choose to change the status (from shared to private or vice versa), you can do easily this by editing your diary.
  • Your diaries and entries can be edited and deleted by you at any time.
  • Other members can post comments to your diary entries.
  • You can "Subscribe" to other member shared diaries that interest you and your subscriptions will be located in "My Profile" for easy access.
  • All of your own diaries (private and shared) will be listed on the left side of the main diaries pages after you log in.
  • If you click on a user name, you can select to view all diary entries by that user.
  • Each week we will select 2 or 3 shared member diaries to spotlight on our "Featured Diaries" page.

Note: When you create a new shared diary, it must have at least one entry that has been approved first before it appears on the shared diaries page.  

Hope to see you on the DrPhil.com diaires!  

August 19, 2005, 5:30 pm CDT

Did you see Oprah today?

Did you watch Oprah's show today?  I know it was a repeat, but I didn't see the first airing.  I was so interested in it, because I could TOTALLY relate to the obese women. 

The first was a 420 pound twin who's sister weighed 120 pounds.  The thin twin was just downright mean to the heavier twin and I just ached for her.  I have been there!  I know how overwhelming that can be!  Then the second guest was a young girl who's whole family is thin.  Her father is just incredibly critical of her and even said that if she stayed that weight for her whole life, it wasn't good enough for him.  I would have just melted on that stage if it were me.  I was so sad for her.  She was beautiful and smart and I just wish that people didn't think like that about heavy people. 

anyway, just wondered if you saw it.  I was so moved and could totally remember those awful feelings of being fat and feeling like a failure.  I am so glad that I am on this side right now, and pray that I NEVER go back to that lifestyle again.  Though I struggle, I know that I know exactly what to do if my weight starts to go up again. 

August 20, 2005, 8:16 am CDT

Linda

Did you watch Oprah's show today?  I know it was a repeat, but I didn't see the first airing.  I was so interested in it, because I could TOTALLY relate to the obese women. 

The first was a 420 pound twin who's sister weighed 120 pounds.  The thin twin was just downright mean to the heavier twin and I just ached for her.  I have been there!  I know how overwhelming that can be!  Then the second guest was a young girl who's whole family is thin.  Her father is just incredibly critical of her and even said that if she stayed that weight for her whole life, it wasn't good enough for him.  I would have just melted on that stage if it were me.  I was so sad for her.  She was beautiful and smart and I just wish that people didn't think like that about heavy people. 

anyway, just wondered if you saw it.  I was so moved and could totally remember those awful feelings of being fat and feeling like a failure.  I am so glad that I am on this side right now, and pray that I NEVER go back to that lifestyle again.  Though I struggle, I know that I know exactly what to do if my weight starts to go up again. 

Linda,  I saw Oprah's show that you are talking about. I can relate to what you are talking about--feelings of being fat and society's judgement of people being fat.  It is true that people treat you differently when you are thin.  It's good that it was another motivator for you to keep up your healthy lifestyle.  (To be honest, when this show aired the first time, it is what motivated me to go back on the Dr. Phil program and work on my weight loss again.  I am happy to say that I have improved in my healthy lifestyle since the first airing of the show and the 2nd airing of the show.) Regarding the show, I thought it was interesting that Oprah and the psychologist kept saying that food is not the main issue, rather that it is the emotions that cause people to eat that is the main issue.  I really liked the show overall.  Take care! :) Bren

August 20, 2005, 1:20 pm CDT

Bren

Quote From: bebren

Linda,  I saw Oprah's show that you are talking about. I can relate to what you are talking about--feelings of being fat and society's judgement of people being fat.  It is true that people treat you differently when you are thin.  It's good that it was another motivator for you to keep up your healthy lifestyle.  (To be honest, when this show aired the first time, it is what motivated me to go back on the Dr. Phil program and work on my weight loss again.  I am happy to say that I have improved in my healthy lifestyle since the first airing of the show and the 2nd airing of the show.) Regarding the show, I thought it was interesting that Oprah and the psychologist kept saying that food is not the main issue, rather that it is the emotions that cause people to eat that is the main issue.  I really liked the show overall.  Take care! :) Bren

I'm glad you saw the show.  It was very interesting.  I liked what O and the author had to say, but I felt like they didn't give the women any tools to make a change.  That was what I was waiting for.  She could have had DP on for pete's sake, and he could have REALLY motivated those women. 

I can't imagine what having to lose 300 lbs. must feel like, but I DO know how wonderful losing 100 feels.  I sometimes can barely imagine how I did it! 

But I'm so grateful to you all, and all the past boardies for all of your encouragement and support! 

August 20, 2005, 2:01 pm CDT

Hi Ladies

I am doing good. My eating is very good. I am not perfect so of course it is not but it is good. I have not been exercising like I should. I have exercised two times this week and am going to jump on my stationary bike in a minute. I want to drop in and say hi and see how all 0f you are doing. 

It is my summer break. I get 5 weeks off between quarters. I am dedicating this time to my family and myself. I feel so busy with school and I am playing with my family more and am going to work on making exercise a part of my routine again. I am excited to get this break.  

You all have a wonderful time. Talk to you soon. 

Melissa 

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last