Message Boards

Topic : 0 Joy - From the Success Show

Number of Replies: 1710
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:47:25 pm
Author : dataimport
Words of encouragement, tips and ideas... things that worked for me. What is working for you? Let this be a place of motivation. I have lost 103 lbs. and counting.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 20, 2005, 6:39 pm CDT

hey Melissa

Quote From: zyelycia

I am doing good. My eating is very good. I am not perfect so of course it is not but it is good. I have not been exercising like I should. I have exercised two times this week and am going to jump on my stationary bike in a minute. I want to drop in and say hi and see how all 0f you are doing. 

It is my summer break. I get 5 weeks off between quarters. I am dedicating this time to my family and myself. I feel so busy with school and I am playing with my family more and am going to work on making exercise a part of my routine again. I am excited to get this break.  

You all have a wonderful time. Talk to you soon. 

Melissa 

Good to hear from you.  I'm so glad that your eating is going well for you.  Did you get to do a bike ride after your post? 

I hope you thoroughly enjoy your 5 weeks off.  What a treat and a blessing.  Have a wonderful time and enjoy your family! 

August 20, 2005, 9:11 pm CDT

Linda

I did ride my bike for an hour and it was great. I wanted to go longer but then the toddler woke up and promised them I would let them play in the pool after nap. My goal is to ride my bike for at least 30 minutes a day. If I go longer great. 

Linder would you mind sharing your weight lose journey with me. I know that you have lost 100lbs and you did it following the Dr.Phil plane but what happen. What did you learn?  

I would love to hear about it if you are willing to share. 

Thanks and have a great night ladies 

Melissa 

August 21, 2005, 6:00 pm CDT

Linda

Quote From: mom3boyz

I'm glad you saw the show.  It was very interesting.  I liked what O and the author had to say, but I felt like they didn't give the women any tools to make a change.  That was what I was waiting for.  She could have had DP on for pete's sake, and he could have REALLY motivated those women. 

I can't imagine what having to lose 300 lbs. must feel like, but I DO know how wonderful losing 100 feels.  I sometimes can barely imagine how I did it! 

But I'm so grateful to you all, and all the past boardies for all of your encouragement and support! 

Linda, 

I agree with you about the show not giving the woman tools to lose weight.  I think now that Dr. Phil has his own show, he doesn't appear on the Oprah show, however, they still could have had on Oprah's trainer, Bob Greene.  I was surprised when I first saw the author's book at the book store because it has nothing to do with weight loss.  I still bought the author's book because it looked good, about finding the true story of your life, your authentic life story, and my mom wants to read it also. However, really, if you have Dr. Phil's books you don't need this one also.  Take care! :) Bren 

August 23, 2005, 8:44 am CDT

Stress - even if positive, still stress

Good morning, my friends.  I'm in a rush -- again, but wanted to pop in quickly before heading to the office for the afternoon.   Things have been crazy/busy lately. Our youngest grandson turned 2 on Sat., and we had agreed to hold his party here because there were going to be too many people to fit reasonably in our son's house. At the same time, we were preparing for our middle son's girlfriend's parents to visit all the way from Japan. They have spoken with Jeff by phone a few times, but felt it was time to come meet him and his family. Yes, things are getting very serious -- as a matter of fact, our son chose an engagement ring yesterday! They have agreed that the wedding won't take place until after Jeff completes school (spring of 2007), but she has some concerns about her mother's health, and Jeff is eager to demonstrate his committment to her. One more little detail -- she'll be 27 in October, and he just turned 20!  He is quite mature for his age, and she really is a wonderful young woman, and we've all come to love her, so we trust that won't be a big issue. It's just that she's ready for marriage and he's just coming into his own as a young adult. Isn't life interesting.   The visit with her parents went very well. She's from a lovely family, and although there are certainly cultural differences, they speak English and have lived a couple years in Canada and the US because of his work, so they have at least been introduced to western culture.   The other thing I want to mention is that I'm struggling with my program. I've missed my IE again several days recently in all the busyness, and my eating has been terribly sloppy for several weeks now. Yesterday, for example, I took my gym bag with me while I took my sil to the hospital for her day surgery (she did fine), hoping to get to Curves while I was waiting for her, but I wasn't able to get there (long story), and it was almost midnight by the time I left her place, picked my dd up from an evening event, took her to her Aunt's place to help her with her baby, and finally got home.   Another big part of the problem is lack of sleep. There just seems to be no end to the details that I need to take care of, and either I'm busy until it's gotten really late, or I finally get a chance to relax, and then I don't have the discipline to get to bed -- often until after 1 or 2 a.m., recently! It's no wonder then that I have trouble working up the energy in the morning to work out.   So, although today I AM tired again, but I did get in my IE -- 50 min. of "The Firm" (cardio and weights.) I'm frightened that lately I'm so easily eating things that I wouldn't dream of eating over the past year and a half. I don't ever want to go back to where I was before that, but I know how easily it could happen. I'm so thankful for my circle of support. Just knowing that I have you to be accountable to is so important! Thank you everyone, and have a great day.   Brenda.

August 23, 2005, 12:15 pm CDT

Brenda

Quote From: brenbiel

Good morning, my friends.  I'm in a rush -- again, but wanted to pop in quickly before heading to the office for the afternoon.   Things have been crazy/busy lately. Our youngest grandson turned 2 on Sat., and we had agreed to hold his party here because there were going to be too many people to fit reasonably in our son's house. At the same time, we were preparing for our middle son's girlfriend's parents to visit all the way from Japan. They have spoken with Jeff by phone a few times, but felt it was time to come meet him and his family. Yes, things are getting very serious -- as a matter of fact, our son chose an engagement ring yesterday! They have agreed that the wedding won't take place until after Jeff completes school (spring of 2007), but she has some concerns about her mother's health, and Jeff is eager to demonstrate his committment to her. One more little detail -- she'll be 27 in October, and he just turned 20!  He is quite mature for his age, and she really is a wonderful young woman, and we've all come to love her, so we trust that won't be a big issue. It's just that she's ready for marriage and he's just coming into his own as a young adult. Isn't life interesting.   The visit with her parents went very well. She's from a lovely family, and although there are certainly cultural differences, they speak English and have lived a couple years in Canada and the US because of his work, so they have at least been introduced to western culture.   The other thing I want to mention is that I'm struggling with my program. I've missed my IE again several days recently in all the busyness, and my eating has been terribly sloppy for several weeks now. Yesterday, for example, I took my gym bag with me while I took my sil to the hospital for her day surgery (she did fine), hoping to get to Curves while I was waiting for her, but I wasn't able to get there (long story), and it was almost midnight by the time I left her place, picked my dd up from an evening event, took her to her Aunt's place to help her with her baby, and finally got home.   Another big part of the problem is lack of sleep. There just seems to be no end to the details that I need to take care of, and either I'm busy until it's gotten really late, or I finally get a chance to relax, and then I don't have the discipline to get to bed -- often until after 1 or 2 a.m., recently! It's no wonder then that I have trouble working up the energy in the morning to work out.   So, although today I AM tired again, but I did get in my IE -- 50 min. of "The Firm" (cardio and weights.) I'm frightened that lately I'm so easily eating things that I wouldn't dream of eating over the past year and a half. I don't ever want to go back to where I was before that, but I know how easily it could happen. I'm so thankful for my circle of support. Just knowing that I have you to be accountable to is so important! Thank you everyone, and have a great day.   Brenda.

You sound so stressed my friend!  Thank you for your honesty and your vulnerability.  That's the stuff we need to hear.  It's so easy to think that someone "has it all together".  I'm glad you got some IE in today.  Isn't it ironic how it all works together....positive thinking, IE, eating healthy foods.....maybe we should write a book on that!  Oh, wait, someone already has!  LOL 

Wow!  An engagement ring.  Holy cow!  Are you stressed about that?  I'm glad that you had a nice visit, though.  That's a blessing. 

Gotta run, but I'll talk to you later. 

Linda 

August 23, 2005, 12:18 pm CDT

testing with new screen name

So did this work?  I hope so!  Thanks moderator extraordinaire!

August 23, 2005, 12:22 pm CDT

how funny!

It's my old picture, too.  That's fine.....but I probably need a new one. 

Anyway, it's still me.....Linda.  How's everyone doing today? 

August 23, 2005, 10:07 pm CDT

Hi

Brenda 

I believe that every thing will work out. If you are stressed exercise as you know will help in that area. You can do it. I have struggled too but have been starting to slip it back in. I did it three times last week and once so far this week. My goal is three times consititly for a while and then I want to reach five days a week. My eating is doing better their are some sloppy choices but I have not over eaten. portion control is a big factor. So I am glad that is undercontrol.  Brenda you will do great. 

Linda I am still waiting to hear your reply to my last post. I can't wait. I am very interested. 

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Talk to you all later. All the ladies on this board have a wonderful day and do what is best for your body. Remember to live for life not for food. Do not live to eat but llive to enjoy life. 

Talk to you all soon 

Melissa 

August 24, 2005, 6:34 am CDT

A new day

Good morning my friends, and thanks so much for your support, Melissa and Linda.  

I'm feeling a little better today. Yesterday the food went a lot better, I did a killer work-out (can hardly walk today! lol), and got a much better sleep. It was pretty stressful, just trying to get things accomplished, but it worked out. You should have seen me in the afternoon -- hubby needed a letter typed a.s.a.p., but he didn't finish his editing soon enough, so I had to leave it, drive to my in-laws house to pick up my dd to take her to her first day of her new pizza job. She was to start at 4:30, the driving all together took about 35 min., and I got her there at 4:30 on the dot!  

Jeff made the remainder of the payment yesterday, and so brought home the ring! Dh had to work late, so Jeff and I went out for dinner (had a nice "Key West" salad). It seemed rather surreal, but we had a memorable evening together, and then a good chat together, the three of us, once Phil got home. 

Once I finish here, I'll be out and about again for most of the day, so the food shouldn't be a big temptation for much of the day. Oh yes, one thing I think I've identified is how important it seems to be for me to signal the beginning and ending of my eating for the day. I was out of my Go Lean cereal and fresh fruit that I put on it for a few days, but having it again this morning just feels right again. (There's protein in the cereal, and I'm not  fussy over cooking a seperate protein for breakfast, and I use cottage cheese later in the day, so don't want it twice.) Then by just "closing the kitchen" in the evening, I was able to shut down that annoying voice in my head that's been convincing me lately to have just a little bit of this or that in the evening because I was hungry. Last night it felt good again to welcome that little growl, and then head to bed. Whew, I don't want to speak too soon, but I think I'm getting back to the right frame of mind.  

Brenda. 

August 24, 2005, 7:36 am CDT

I just wrote a novel!

Quote From: zyelycia

I did ride my bike for an hour and it was great. I wanted to go longer but then the toddler woke up and promised them I would let them play in the pool after nap. My goal is to ride my bike for at least 30 minutes a day. If I go longer great. 

Linder would you mind sharing your weight lose journey with me. I know that you have lost 100lbs and you did it following the Dr.Phil plane but what happen. What did you learn?  

I would love to hear about it if you are willing to share. 

Thanks and have a great night ladies 

Melissa 

And I lost it!  I'm so frustrated!  I wrote all about my journey and it disappeared into cyberspace.  I'll write more later.  I have to go now.  Sorry Melissa!

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last