Message Boards

Topic : 0 Joy - From the Success Show

Number of Replies: 1710
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:47:25 pm
Author : dataimport
Words of encouragement, tips and ideas... things that worked for me. What is working for you? Let this be a place of motivation. I have lost 103 lbs. and counting.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2008, 2:46 pm CDT

just starting today

Quote From: kayceeculver

Anyone having any success losing weight? I watched Dr. Phil today and thought I would get on the message board and see if I could find some weightloss buddies. Anyone out the want to communicate and encourage one another?
Hi I'm Rose,     I just watched Dr. Phil today about the weight loss challenge.  As I was sitting there eating my quarter pounder and drinking my sweet tea I realized   I NEED HELP.  I know I can't do it alone.  I would love to have a buddy to communicate and encourage me as I would do my best in return

September 19, 2008, 7:05 am CDT

Hi Rose

Quote From: rgrosette

Hi I'm Rose,     I just watched Dr. Phil today about the weight loss challenge.  As I was sitting there eating my quarter pounder and drinking my sweet tea I realized   I NEED HELP.  I know I can't do it alone.  I would love to have a buddy to communicate and encourage me as I would do my best in return
Hi Rose, As you can tell, this message board is slow.  It is great that you realize that you need help.  Do you have Dr. Phil's weight loss book?  The 7 keys in his book really are the best way to lose weight.  I have lost 50 pounds using the 7 keys and with the help of a Dietian in a year and a half.  You can do it!  Post again if you have any questions or comments and I will do my best to answer them and support you.  Take care! :) Bren

September 30, 2008, 9:30 pm CDT

is any one still here?

Just wondering if any one is still here or if we have all just sort of given up? Hope fully we can still see how we are doing and try to check in once in a while. Miss ya all.... Maybe you are like me, and life has kicked into extreme high gear. Well either way, have a great rest of the week and just stop by and say hi=0)

October 6, 2008, 8:56 pm CDT

we are all so busy

I guess we are all super busy and dont have a chance to post any more. I wanted to say that I have valued the freindships I have made here and the tremendous amount of support I was getting. IT is too bad that no one has been on for ever, I myself am guily of it too. I will still check back periodically to see if anyone is still here or if we are just going to let the board go ahead and just quitely go away.

love ya all

thanks for the friendships I have had the privelge of enjoying.

I hope that someone else posts here and we don't just fade away

Debbie =0)

October 7, 2008, 6:18 am CDT

Hi Deb and Everyone!

Hi Deb and Everyone!  I also value the friendships here even though we only post every once and a while.  I have been doing good lately with my exercise.  I have been keeping up with my swimming and walking around the Mall and Target.  In addition, I have started walking around my apt. for 30 min. on days that I am not exercising otherwise.  I hope everyone is doing well and is just busy.  I hope to hear from everyone soon!  Take care everyone! :) Bren

October 10, 2008, 7:06 pm CDT

Brenda!!! Hey!! =0)

Brenda

that is so awesome, you are doing so good, Keep up the fantastic work!!! I know that consistancy is the key and it will pay off big time, it already has for you.

I had not been exercising for quite some time, and my blood pressure for the first time ever went to boarderline hypertension. I was shocked because my numbers have always been so great. SO  I got back into intermittent exercising. =0( I should be doing better at it/ But I took my blood pressure and it was just barely in the normal range again. But hey its inthe normal range again, and I also was getting winded with quick short walking... like from my living room to the bedroom. But since Ihave been some what sort of exercising again, I am not as winded anymore. ti is so surprising how much exercising really affects your body! And how much it really really affects it when you don't do any.

so now I have a bet going with three other freinds. the one who exercises the least in the next two months buys the winner a round of bowling. Cool huh? I think it will be fun,andI need to get my butt off the couch lol =0)

BRenda I am so glad you posted.... keep up the great work. I know I only get to post every once and a while any more either.

Love ya

Debbie =0)

October 14, 2008, 8:41 am CDT

Debbie

Quote From: dancin_deb

Brenda

that is so awesome, you are doing so good, Keep up the fantastic work!!! I know that consistancy is the key and it will pay off big time, it already has for you.

I had not been exercising for quite some time, and my blood pressure for the first time ever went to boarderline hypertension. I was shocked because my numbers have always been so great. SO  I got back into intermittent exercising. =0( I should be doing better at it/ But I took my blood pressure and it was just barely in the normal range again. But hey its inthe normal range again, and I also was getting winded with quick short walking... like from my living room to the bedroom. But since Ihave been some what sort of exercising again, I am not as winded anymore. ti is so surprising how much exercising really affects your body! And how much it really really affects it when you don't do any.

so now I have a bet going with three other freinds. the one who exercises the least in the next two months buys the winner a round of bowling. Cool huh? I think it will be fun,andI need to get my butt off the couch lol =0)

BRenda I am so glad you posted.... keep up the great work. I know I only get to post every once and a while any more either.

Love ya

Debbie =0)

Debbie, It is great that you are back to exercising again.  I like the bowling idea.  Bowling is great exercise and fun too!  Keep posting here and maybe someday soon someone will join us! :)  Take care! :) Bren

October 16, 2008, 9:33 pm CDT

Hey Brenda

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I hope that you are also working on exercising too. From what I have read you are doing great too. Have a great weekend!

Debbie

I will keep posting, you keep posting too! that would be great

Debbie =0)

November 5, 2008, 7:18 pm CST

Hi there

Bren and Deb, it's so good to see you still here. I'm sorry, it's been ages since I've checked in. I've really struggled for a long time now, have regained 2/3 of the weight I had lost, and was feeling so frustrated. I've really been battling with sugar and have wondered how on earth I just cut it out cold turkey back in '03. However, the good news is that I continued to exercise -- not as consistently and as enthusiastically as I did 5 years ago, but considering that prior to that, I NEVER exercised at all, I'm glad that at least that key has continued. If not, I'd probably have regained it all.

Over the past couple years I've had many "fresh starts" that quickly fizzled out once again, so I hesitate to sound too enthused about my current better efforts. However, I'm trying to throw out the rear view mirror, and focus on today -- which has been another good one.

So, that's where I stand. Just wanted to pop in, say hello and wish you (and any others here) well. I'll try to check in again soon. So glad I found you still here. :-)

November 17, 2008, 6:39 am CST

Brenda and Everyone

Quote From: brenbiel

Bren and Deb, it's so good to see you still here. I'm sorry, it's been ages since I've checked in. I've really struggled for a long time now, have regained 2/3 of the weight I had lost, and was feeling so frustrated. I've really been battling with sugar and have wondered how on earth I just cut it out cold turkey back in '03. However, the good news is that I continued to exercise -- not as consistently and as enthusiastically as I did 5 years ago, but considering that prior to that, I NEVER exercised at all, I'm glad that at least that key has continued. If not, I'd probably have regained it all.

Over the past couple years I've had many "fresh starts" that quickly fizzled out once again, so I hesitate to sound too enthused about my current better efforts. However, I'm trying to throw out the rear view mirror, and focus on today -- which has been another good one.

So, that's where I stand. Just wanted to pop in, say hello and wish you (and any others here) well. I'll try to check in again soon. So glad I found you still here. :-)

Brenda, It is good to hear from you.  It is great that you are continuing to exercise.  Exercise is so important to your health!  My best advice on staying away from sugar is a "no fail environment"--you probably know that.  Keeping weight off is a struggle.  It is great that you have kept some of the weight off.

Good luck to you and keep in touch.

To everyone: this message board is on the new beta board, just no one has left messages there yet.

Look for it and leave a message! :)

Take care everyone! :) Bren

First | Prev | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | Next Page | Last Page