Message Boards

Topic : 0 Joy - From the Success Show

Number of Replies: 1710
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:47:25 pm
Author : dataimport
Words of encouragement, tips and ideas... things that worked for me. What is working for you? Let this be a place of motivation. I have lost 103 lbs. and counting.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 23, 2005, 9:17 am CDT

We're Back!

Hey, they've given us back our key #7!  Looking forward to hearing from everyone again.

Brenda.

July 23, 2005, 9:49 am CDT

Hi Everyone!

Hi Everyone! :) I'm happy that we are back on the message boards!  Look forward to hearing from everyone again soon! :) Bren

July 23, 2005, 1:14 pm CDT

Bren

Hi Everyone! :) I'm happy that we are back on the message boards! Look forward to hearing from everyone again soon! :) Bren

So nice to see you here again, Bren.  I tried a few times to email you, but couldn't get through. A few of us who had email addresses, have been corresponding that way. It was good, but we really want to get our whole group reconnected.  

How have you been doing these past weeks?

I've just come off of RSP. I made it about 1 1/2 weeks, but then had a bit of a train wreck over a big family reunion at our place.  Oh well, I'll get back on track again. At least I dropped almost three pounds, and 2 % body fat, so it's good.

Looking forward to hearing more.

Brenda.

July 23, 2005, 3:24 pm CDT

Brenda

Hello Brenda,

How are you?  I missed you and everyone on this board.  I changed my e-mail address a while back and in the process lost a lot of e-mail addresses that had been saved, so I didn't have yours or Linda's to start the process of e-mailing you all, however, I did think of you all and thanks for thinking of me.  I'm glad you all were in touch that way.  On another message board of mine, the "founder" of it and I were in touch almost daily and then a couple of others I talked to also, so I didn't feel completely out of touch with the Dr. Phil WLC people overall. Still, it's not the same as the message boards.  I'll be really happy when we get back into the normal "rhythm" of the message boards and everyone knows that we are back on here.  I am proud of you for doing the RSP, I was thinking of you and wondering how it was going.  Glad it was successful.  It is very hot here in Oklahoma, so I have been walking almost daily at a mall or a store for my intentional exercise and have been eating better.  My parents have noticed that I have lost weight.  It is great to be back in touch with you! Take care! :) Bren

July 23, 2005, 4:22 pm CDT

New Here

Didnt find "place" to go for me.  Trying to lose 35-45lbs.  Had a child in 08/02 and again 10/04 and never lost the weight from first one and second didnt gain much more. Just started this week on Dr. Phils Rapid Start Program.  Started Wednesday and so far lost 4lbs.  So doing pretty good.  Lost a pound a day for first two days third day lost 2 pounds, and this mornings weigh in didnt lose nothing.  I added fruits to the plan so maybe that isnt working for me.  I didnt have any fruits in the house that I like ( not really a fruity person) so on Thursday asked hubby to bring me home a few things to add like in Dr. Phils Guideline of Meals and did that and no weight change when I did.  So maybe better off without it so much maybe not in a meal but in a snack only.  So far doing good yet I still have that craving for chocolate.  That is my biggest pitfall.  I have 4 kids so difficult to not have certain things around but I have been very good and keeping great motivation.  Nice to meet you all and hope Ill achieve what I want to.  Will be great to come here and talk any problems I have with this.  I have tried all sorts of different diets , worst one was atkins as I gained it all back and then some.  Dr Phils guideline is really clear, easy to follow.  No funky weird meals etc.  Simple!

July 23, 2005, 5:15 pm CDT

JenJen

Nice to have you join us.  Sounds like you're off to a good start.  Yes, as great as the fruit is, it is restricted more during RSP because of the natural sugars.  RS is certainly more restrictive, but it's encouraging to get off to a good start, and soon you'll have a little more freedom in Stage 2.

If I might make a suggestion, be careful with weighing so frequently.  There are so many variables in our day to day weight loss, and I know that many of us can let the scale rule our emotions. Just a word of caution.

There are some other "regulars" from this board whom I'm hoping will find their way back again soon. They've been a great support, and we'd be glad to have you join us. So welcome, and hope to chat with you some more.

Brenda B.

July 23, 2005, 5:24 pm CDT

BeBren

I'm so glad to hear that you've had on-going support over these past weeks. I think being suddenly cut off from each other was pretty difficult for all of us!

It sounds like you're making great progress Bren. Isn't it exciting when our family members can see that the weight's been coming off. Good for you!

Thanks for reminding me of the option of "mall walking" during the heat. Our air conditioner bit the dust, and we've had some very hot, muggy days over this past week and a bit. I do get to go to Curves where it's air conditioned, but maybe I'll try the mall instead of my treadmill next time I want a good walk.

Brenda.

July 23, 2005, 7:02 pm CDT

Ah Ha....I got in

Hi everyone!  It took entering my password several times but I'm here!  I can't wait to see how everyone is doing.

I went through a rough patch of illness, but I'm back on track and ready to go.

Talk to ya soon!

Dawn

July 23, 2005, 9:53 pm CDT

Brenbiel

I have made a habit of weighing myself every morning before I dress since I got pregnant in 2001.  To sorta monitor my weight for pregnancy and losing afterwards.  I dont really change much except a pound up or down until I started the RSP.  The main reason people say not to do it is so it doesnt get you down if you dont lose or if you gain.  It doesnt do that for me.  It helps me monitor what I am doing since I know I usually only differ a pound up or down... If I am continously going down I know I am doing it.  If I go up and up then I know I am doing something wrong before I go up too far.  5 lbs extra can be twice as hard to get rid of.  This is just what Ive always done and it doesnt effect my motivation in a negative way.

July 24, 2005, 12:14 pm CDT

Wow! I finally made it!

Hi dear friends!  It's Linda here.  I had to change my username and everything, just to get back on here.  And something is up with my ISP, so I can't even post a picture yet.  But, I'm grateful just to back on here with all of you!

Hmmmmm, maybe I can post a picture IN my post, but it will take some practice here.  I'm SO not good at change, so it's going to take a little bit of time for me to get used to all the changes here.

Ok, here's my confession...I went to a baby shower yesterday that had UNBELIEVABLE food!  I went all out, sadly, but I guess I know that I can get back on track.  I actually worked out last night when I got home because I was so shocked by what I had let myself eat.  I had a salad for lunch today, and I need to up my h2o intake.  I'm so glad that I have learned what I've learned and know that I will not self destruct from this.

Anyway, off for now, but I can't wait to see how everyone is doing.  Plus I have to figure out how to reaccess my diaries.  I bet since my username has changed I will have lost ALL my information!  How tragic is that?  Almost 2 years of triumphs and struggles!  YIKES!   That's the saddest part.....

Oh, well.....have a great day everyone.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last