Message Boards

Topic : 0 Joy - From the Success Show

Number of Replies: 1710
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:47:25 pm
Author : dataimport
Words of encouragement, tips and ideas... things that worked for me. What is working for you? Let this be a place of motivation. I have lost 103 lbs. and counting.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 2, 2005, 12:15 pm CDT

Dolores

Quote From: dlrsdrnll

WOW, Linda you were a beautiful woman before, but now you are fantastic, and what a beautiful little boy.  I know you must be very proud of him.

I have been on vacation and what a surprise when I got back and not able to get on the boards.

I felt a little lost for a few days.  LOL

Sounds like everyone is doing good.  Has anyone heard from Joy?  I just wonder what has happened to her.

I have managed to maintain my weight, but it sure is a everlasting battle.  I am going to be really challenged this week.  It is my daughters birthday.  That calls for a mississipi mud cake.  It sure can't be around here for very long or I am doomed.  I am going back to exercise tomorrow.  I haven't been able to exercise since April 12th.  That was when I had my surgery, then I went on vacation.  I am looking fwd to going back.  I feel so much better when I exercise.

Everyone have a great evening.  Dolores

So good to see you back here!  Glad you found us!  Thank you for the sweet words.  I FEEL so much better, too.  It's a real blessing.  I have no idea what happened to Joy.  I have tried to email her several times, but it bounces back.  If ANYONE hears from her, please give us an update.  We miss her!

I hear you about the maintaining battle.  Like DP says, weight is managed, NOT cured.  We will do this forever.  I say have a VERY SMALL piece of the mud cake and then don't stress over it.  You can't deprive yourself if you're going to succeed long term.  Just eat very wisely the rest of the day.  Best of luck to you and let us know how it goes!  Great to talk to you again!

Linda

August 2, 2005, 1:24 pm CDT

Linda

Quote From: mom3boyz

So good to see you back here!  Glad you found us!  Thank you for the sweet words.  I FEEL so much better, too.  It's a real blessing.  I have no idea what happened to Joy.  I have tried to email her several times, but it bounces back.  If ANYONE hears from her, please give us an update.  We miss her!

I hear you about the maintaining battle.  Like DP says, weight is managed, NOT cured.  We will do this forever.  I say have a VERY SMALL piece of the mud cake and then don't stress over it.  You can't deprive yourself if you're going to succeed long term.  Just eat very wisely the rest of the day.  Best of luck to you and let us know how it goes!  Great to talk to you again!

Linda

Thanks,  I will do my best.  There is plans around here to give away a lot of it,  but I am really addicted to chocolate, if it is around  I am afraid I will eat more than I sould.

Maybe I will try to email Joy to.  I have gone to her site several times, but nothing new has been added or no new messages I believe.  I think I got a fwd from her back awhile ago, but that has been so long I don't remember exactly when that was.

Thanks so much for the support.  Dolores

August 2, 2005, 9:27 pm CDT

What Happened?

Hi Ladies,

I was so sad when Dr phils website decided to redue  it. I could not figure it out either when it was wokring again. I do not really like how they redid it. I can not figure out how to ge to the begining so I can see what I have missed.

I am doing okay. I did do one week of the rsp and I lost 1lb. I was surprised becasue I did a good job. It was discouraging. I am planning to start it up again ont he 9th. I have been eating okay but some sweets. Just a little.

Linda your picutures are great. There is a big difference between your before and now picture. It is amazing how weightloss makes a big differeence the same with weight gain.

Well ladies talk to youi soon. Take care.

Melissa

August 3, 2005, 12:36 pm CDT

HI MELISSA!!

Quote From: zyelycia

Hi Ladies,

I was so sad when Dr phils website decided to redue  it. I could not figure it out either when it was wokring again. I do not really like how they redid it. I can not figure out how to ge to the begining so I can see what I have missed.

I am doing okay. I did do one week of the rsp and I lost 1lb. I was surprised becasue I did a good job. It was discouraging. I am planning to start it up again ont he 9th. I have been eating okay but some sweets. Just a little.

Linda your picutures are great. There is a big difference between your before and now picture. It is amazing how weightloss makes a big differeence the same with weight gain.

Well ladies talk to youi soon. Take care.

Melissa

So great to see you back here again, too!  I'm so glad that you found us.  Hey, one pound is one pound, right!  That's a positive step.  How is everything else in your life going?  We've missed you....keep us updated!

have a great day!

August 3, 2005, 12:38 pm CDT

is our favorite moderator around?

Are you still there, philboard moderator?  We missed YOU too!  LOL

Now for the request......can you do anything with THIS picture?  My hubby found a way to get it on there, but it's kind of fuzzy and squishy.....

I guess I can live with fuzzy and squishy if I HAVE to, though!  ;-)

August 3, 2005, 12:48 pm CDT

mom3boyz

Quote From: mom3boyz

Are you still there, philboard moderator?  We missed YOU too!  LOL

Now for the request......can you do anything with THIS picture?  My hubby found a way to get it on there, but it's kind of fuzzy and squishy.....

I guess I can live with fuzzy and squishy if I HAVE to, though!  ;-)

With the new boards I can no longer change your picture for you but I'll be happy to email you a resized image for you to upload yourself.

August 3, 2005, 1:02 pm CDT

thank you!

Quote From: DrPhilBoard1

With the new boards I can no longer change your picture for you but I'll be happy to email you a resized image for you to upload yourself.
Got it.  I appreciate your time and expertise!  :-)

August 6, 2005, 3:55 am CDT

Saturday Morning GRRRR!!!

Sorry..it has been awhile..I kind of lost me..but I am back and still seem to have this weight problem..now I have been going to therapy for building up muscle in my leg..and I have done that..do you think that has made me gain weight? they always say muscle weights more..I gain 5 pounds but it is staying right there..not going up or down..I am eating right and I do exercise every day..I started eating more organic food..in fact I will be checking out this public store close to me..I heard it has lots of organic food...I plan on going to our WLC meeting after therapy this morning..my sister will be going too...I am not real heavy...but don't want to keep gaining..I can't get to my goal...no matter what I do...HELP!!!! joy

August 6, 2005, 7:35 am CDT

Joy

Quote From: joyfh3

Sorry..it has been awhile..I kind of lost me..but I am back and still seem to have this weight problem..now I have been going to therapy for building up muscle in my leg..and I have done that..do you think that has made me gain weight? they always say muscle weights more..I gain 5 pounds but it is staying right there..not going up or down..I am eating right and I do exercise every day..I started eating more organic food..in fact I will be checking out this public store close to me..I heard it has lots of organic food...I plan on going to our WLC meeting after therapy this morning..my sister will be going too...I am not real heavy...but don't want to keep gaining..I can't get to my goal...no matter what I do...HELP!!!! joy

Sounds like you are very frustrated.  I can understand that.  Weight can make you crazy, can't it.  I know that watching the scale can be helpful, or it can be a hindrance.  If your clothes are fitting you well and your body feels good, then maybe you should step away from the scale for a while.  But I can understand if you don't want to as well. I weigh myself everyday, because if I see if sneaking up, I want to catch it as soon as possible.  Keep us posted on how you are doing.  If you are eating and exercising wisely, then I wouldn't worry about the numbers.  Maybe you don't need to be at a certain # goal, but rather at a feel good weight.   

Have a good day. 

Linda 

August 6, 2005, 9:58 am CDT

Hi

Seems that there is not a lot of discussion around here. 

I am doing well. I am still struggling with my weight loss journey. I have been not exercising. I still have been trying to move more around the house. I know I need to start again. I had to cancel my membership to the Y which was sad. I really liked going but can not afford it right now. I am hoping I will be able to during winter time. It is harder to get ouside during that time.  

My eating is okay. I need to cut donw on the portion sizeds, which I am working on it. 

How is eveyone else doing? 

I do not rememeber who but someone put up a recipe for a fruit cookie. I think it might have been brenda. I would like that recipe if you would not mind posting it again. 

Okay I have to go get ready for work. 

Talk to you all soon 

Melissa 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last