Message Boards

Topic : 0 Joy - From the Success Show

Number of Replies: 1710
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 02:47:25 pm
Author : dataimport
Words of encouragement, tips and ideas... things that worked for me. What is working for you? Let this be a place of motivation. I have lost 103 lbs. and counting.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 24, 2005, 12:52 pm CDT

Just practicing for a picture

Hi dear friends! It's Linda here. I had to change my username and everything, just to get back on here. And something is up with my ISP, so I can't even post a picture yet. But, I'm grateful just to back on here with all of you!

Hmmmmm, maybe I can post a picture IN my post, but it will take some practice here. I'm SO not good at change, so it's going to take a little bit of time for me to get used to all the changes here.

Ok, here's my confession...I went to a baby shower yesterday that had UNBELIEVABLE food! I went all out, sadly, but I guess I know that I can get back on track. I actually worked out last night when I got home because I was so shocked by what I had let myselfeat. I had a salad for lunch today, and I need to up my h2o intake. I'm so glad that I have learned what I've learned and know that I will not self destruct from this.

Anyway, off for now, but I can't wait to see how everyone is doing. Plus I have to figure out how to reaccess my diaries. I bet since my username has changed I will have lost ALL my information! How tragic is that? Almost 2 years of triumphs and struggles! YIKES! That's the saddest part.....

Oh, well.....have a great day everyone.

July 24, 2005, 2:39 pm CDT

JenJen

You're in good company with your weighing method. Linda approaches it the very same way, so if it works for you, that's great -- by all means stick with it. 

Brenda

July 24, 2005, 2:43 pm CDT

Dawn and Linda

So great to see that you made it back here.  Sorry that you had so much difficulty, Linda. I don't know why just re-setting your old password didn't work for you. 

It's going to take a little getting used to the new format. For one thing, I wish we could reply to someone without it repeating the entire quote!  And Linda, I'm really hoping that you're able to access your old diary!  What a terrible shame that would be if they were lost to you. Maybe the moderator could help you some how?

Brenda.

July 24, 2005, 5:16 pm CDT

brenbiel

Thanks Brenbiel been nice being here so far.  Getting a little more difficult being around foods I cant have yet.  Hard to take everything away from the kids.  Doing good with it but still a little depressing thinking "I know that taste good!" lol.  Well hope everyone had a great weekend.  Take care and chat more later.

July 24, 2005, 7:21 pm CDT

JenJen

Nice to "meet" you.  Welcome to our little gang here.   Looking forward to getting to know you better.

And Brenda is right, I weigh myself for exactly the same reasons you do.  It keeps me in check and is the best tactic for me keeping my weight off.

Talk to you soon!

Linda

July 25, 2005, 8:06 am CDT

Linda

Linda,

Hi, I am happy to have contact with you again.  I'm glad we all back on the message boards.  I hope you can find your diaries.  It's so nice to see your face (and your son's face) on the message boards again! (even if it is a different name).  Take care! :) Brenda

July 25, 2005, 8:14 am CDT

jenjen

How's RSP going for you? I know how difficult it can be!  I just came off about 1 1/2 weeks of it, and then ran into troubles with a house full of family for a re-union, and all the prep work. So I may not be the best one to offer advice on RS at the moment. But others have had amazing results with it! Hang in there. It'll be worth it, and before long you can add back a bit more carbs, and a few other things. I'll be eager to hear your results.  I'm getting closer to my goal , and my weight hasn't budged in many months, (I'd been at a 60 lb. wt. loss since last Sept.)  so the latest 3 lbs. and 2% bf I've lost, although not overly exciting, were certainly welcomed.

Feel free to post any questions or discuss any key work you're doing. Have you read Dr. Phil's UWS book?  Doing some indepth work through that book was really huge for me in making true life-altering changes.

Looking forward to following your progress.

Brenda.

July 25, 2005, 8:30 am CDT

light bulb revelation

Just thought I'd share a little key work journalling that I did this morning, while struggling again with fatigue.

I'm sitting here tired and groggy because I didn't get myself to bed in good time last night -- again. I am an adult, and I control my self. (Amazing concept, I know.) Why do I sometimes deprive my body of the proper rest and food that it requires?

Growing up, none of the four of us ever really gave our parents a hard time, and I was proud of being a good kid. Maybe if I had just acted out a little rebellion once in a while I would have gotten it out of my system and moved on. Instead, when I eat something "naughty" when no one's looking, or hubby's already sleeping and I feel like sitting up late, I still remember (30 years later!) what it felt like when I moved away from home and realized that no one was going to tell me what to do. Hmmmm. Come to think of it, I remember how liberated I felt when I realized that no one was going to inforce that two cookie rule anymore! Wasn't I lucky -- I could eat half the bag if I wanted to!  Yikes. Do you think that might have anything to do with why my nursing uniforms had shrunk too tight before my 1st year was through?!   I think the little girl in me still wants to shout once in a while, "I CAN DO IT IF I WANT TO!" (What a brat. LOL)   When I stay up too late, it's hard to get moving in the morning. I feel sluggish and it's twice as difficult to get up the motivation for my IE. Thankfully, I usually just do it anyway, but if I'm extra busy and can find an excuse not to work out, if I'm feeling like I do this morning, it's much more likely that I just won't. Hmmmmmm. Think this grandma's still got a little growing up to do!   Brenda.    

July 25, 2005, 9:01 am CDT

Brenbiel and Linda

Hi Linda nice to meet you and hope you find your diaries as I know that probably means a whole lot to you.

Brenbiel, well as I stated before that fruit hurt me I dont know if I did something wrong or just my body so just hanging in there. Tuesday I started and using the Ultimate Weight Solution Food guide.  I kinda skimmed through his UWS book.  I used to smoke cigarettes and quit everytime I was pregant then when the baby was about 9 mo to 12 mo I started back up again.  As I said I have 4 kids all girls,  well with the 3rd one I quit for good.  So of course food taste better and the habit of putting something in your mouth.  I tried so many different things and nothing really worked.  I ate alot during that pregnancy and gained 20 extra unwanted pounds.  Well I tried to lose it with Atkins and gained another 10 pounds.  The 4th pregnancy I watched my weight and what I eat so I wouldnt gain any extra unwanted pounds which I gained approx 5 so not bad.  Over time Ive gotten out of habit of wanting something inmy mouth but food taste is hard to get by. So there is my history of weight gain.  I have stayed at my constant weight since pregnancy so not gained not lost.  I have tried exercising, cutting down on what I eat, just everything and no luck.   So I thought Id try this since I already had the book.  Started  Tuesday as I stated.  Which on the scale last 9mo I have always went up one down one.  I am following the guide in this book and it includes a fruit at breakfast and lunch and you can have a fruit for snack or veg etc.  Well starting out I didnt have any fruits that I like in the house.  So I just skipped it, Wednesday morn I was down 1pound.  I really was happy to see numbers I havent seen in long time lol.  Wednesday I did the same without fruit and Thursday morn down another pound.  Thursday Did same thing and asked hubby to bring home some fruits as I thought I might need the vitamins etc as Dr Phil has them in the program. Thought it would help more.  Well Friday Morn I was down 2 more pounds.  So 4lbs total... I added Fruit to the menu as he has stated for Fridays meals, woke up Sat morning and gained 2 I was baffled... Then Saturday I am gone almost all day, I got a couple of things from a fast food that I thought I could eat, egg and ate a biscuit for my starchy even though it wasnt wheat.  For lunch I had a sonic grilled chicken salad, and snack half a banana, and a full home cooked dinner as stated in his book, I went back down a pound, although it felt like I didnt eat much all day compared to when I eat from his schedule at home.   Then I did good yesterday following it without fruit at all and this morning I was same no change.  So maybe I am getting back on track just doing away with fruit all together (which I could care less as I dont like fruit much anyways haha) and just see how that goes and see if I still keep going down without it.  I am already at a number I havent seen in a long time so still very happy!! Ill follow again today without fruit and see if tomorrow I at least stay the same.   I know once I get to the stage 2 I can add fruit juices but I will probably opt out of that too hehe.   I been skinny all my life and used to be easy to get rid of the weight and here I am struggling to get it off.  I know once I get it off Ill be fine as I have stayed same weight for so long.  Its the pregnancy that got me.  I am also trying to do more cleaning and busy body stuff in the house.  Its hard to get out with 4 kids, while pregnant I had my older kids do alot of chores to help keep up.  Well now I am trying to do more of those chores instead of them.  Plus my 9 mo old is now getting very mobile having to chase her around and my 2 year old is so active I can hardly keep up but trying!! haha.  She is the boy in the family into everything and house looks like a tornado in 5 minutes, so i am constantly picking up so it keeps me busy.   I am interested in any advice as I am new to being older and trying to lose this!!  It seems I am so far on the right track hasnt been a week yet and losing.  I am afraid once I get to stage2 I wont lose.  Its been so hard trying to lose and Ive tried so many programs with no success.  I even tried cutting down on what I eat and bike riding 3 miles up hills etc. everyday for over a week and nothing happened.  So I am excited about this as its working so far!! I hope it gets me to my goal!!!

July 25, 2005, 12:23 pm CDT

So Bren...

Quote From: bebren

Linda,

Hi, I am happy to have contact with you again. I'mglad we all back onthe message boards. I hope you can find your diaries. It's so nice to see your face (and your son's face) on the message boards again! (even if it is a different name). Take care! :) Brenda

Are those birds or mice in your picture?

ha ha ha ha!  I couldn't resist, sorry!  Good to see you back here, too.  We were all so sorry that we didn't have your email address when the boards went out of commission.  I'm so glad we're finding our way back!

Have a great day!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last